• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkaz01

wonder trade is addicting wow. I traded my lvl 30 mienfoo cause it was really redundant on my team and got a shitty magikarp

FOUND MY FIRST SHINY EVER!!!!

A small Pumpakboo. =/

UD6eMvm.jpg

can you rename pokemons later on?

Only ones you've caught yourself, at the Name Rater (Don't know where he is yet). Traded Pokemon and ones you've got via Mystery Gift (basically any Pokemon where the "Owner" name in the summary screen is not yours) can't be renamed.

On Global Link I get "Your information is being processed, please come back later" :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Only ones you've caught yourself, at the Name Rater (Don't know where he is yet). Traded Pokemon and ones you've got via Mystery Gift (basically any Pokemon where the "Owner" name in the summary screen is not yours) can't be renamed.

Does that include starters and the ones you get to choose along the way?

Meia

0:18 minutes.

Select nickname, choose Fennekin, get Pokedex, oh look it's not a shiny, soft-reset, rinse, repeat....

Not sure why I'm doing it to myself; I even have a copy of X too.

And now I don't feel bad after failed attempt #100 going for a shiny Amaura. I wonder how long before I snap and say screw this...

So, yep, Game Freak still doesn't believe in AI for trainers in the main game. The third Gym Leader's Mienfoo just kept using Fake Out, which didn't affect my Honedge, which let me Swords Dance up to max and destroy her with Shadow Sneak. More like Bronedge.

Robin64

Hey Joe, I have medals your site doesn't have yet. :)

Fun
Happy Birthday
A Medal commemorating a happy birthday wish received over the PSS.

also

Adventure
O-Power Lv. 3
A Medal to recognize a fierce current of power in using 50 O-Powers.

ramyeon

It's such a shame this went up so late, it would have been heaps of fun to track progress through the story with this. If there were a more robust picture taking system, too. Like Facebook for Pokemon trainers.

SeZMehK

Hmm, every time I log into PGL, it keeps saying that my member information is being processed... How long does this process take? Lol

Jintor

It's such a shame this went up so late, it would have been heaps of fun to track progress through the story with this. If there were a more robust picture taking system, too. Like Facebook for Pokemon trainers.

Bro it's saving it locally on your thing and then uploading it, so it has all my logbook progress. Every gym battle, every GTS trade, all of it.

Revven

So I've heard Pokebank can tell when a Pokemon is fake?

Please tell me this is true! :)

This gets brought up a lot but basically whenever GF has a checking system for this stuff it's for really, really obviously modified 'mons.

The checking systems they've had in the past denied Pokemon with wrong abilities and impossible move sets, but modified Pokemon with correct move sets and abilities with two stats filled up in 252 EVs didn't get detected. Pokemon like that are considered legitimate, despite having not been legitimately caught or EV trained. The software (PokeSAV/PokeGEN) leave no specific traces on the Pokemon when made to indicate it wasn't caught in the game.

So basically, GF would need a really fucking good checking system in order to detect Pokemon that weren't legitimately trained/caught. And I just have very serious huge doubts they will. When it comes to GF checking for illegitimate 'mons, most people familiar with PokeSAV/PokeGEN know ways to workaround their checking systems... by making the Pokemon follow under GF's rules on what is considered a legitimate 'mon.

Basically, it will throw a alert up when it finds a Pokemon that knows something like Secret Sword but it won't go alert on something that is correct. This is all me assuming things, though, so I could be wrong come release of the Bank. But GF's track record with this sort of thing is generally always the same.

I think I'm missing something on ev training: if I train, let's say speed to the maximum, when my pokemon level up the speed statistic will raise +3?
In that case the best thing to do is to complete the ev distribution as soon as I get the pokemon? so the stat will grow a lot higher?

ramyeon

Bro it's saving it locally on your thing and then uploading it, so it has all my logbook progress. Every gym battle, every GTS trade, all of it.
Yeah all I mean is it would have been cool to look at it while progressing through the game :)

It also sucks that because of all the server downtime only 4 out of dozens of photos I've taken in the game got synced up with it, it automatically discards old ones for syncing when you take a new photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom