• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question as I usually do not use internet with my 3DS:

How can I know my friend code so I can exchange it for friend safari and maybe trade pokemon with you guys?

Also my (rotating team) team as I couldn't break it down to 6 pokemon and am using 9 of them:

Alakazam
Charmander (X stone)
Doublade (soon Aegislash)
Dragalge
Florges
Gengar
Greninja
Lucario
Tyrantrum

Last question: is there a place to change pokemon nicknames? I traded some and would like to chose their names myself rather than their generic name.

Wi2srKn.jpg

Nice art!
wow is that the evolve form of flebebe? Sexy

Ozone

Only ones you've caught yourself, at the Name Rater (Don't know where he is yet). Traded Pokemon and ones you've got via Mystery Gift (basically any Pokemon where the "Owner" name in the summary screen is not yours) can't be renamed.
The Name Rater is in Camphrier Town in the Pokemon Center.

Fireblend

Banned
Is the PGL mobile site working for anyone? It shows the full desktop site on my phone and it's a real pain.

Maybe they haven't implemented it yet.

Dragoshi1

Breeding my Event Blaziken, and probably my Charizard and Tyrantrum as well.

Gonna throw their offspring up on the GTS or Wonder Trade when I'm done.

I think I'm missing something on ev training: if I train, let's say speed to the maximum, when my pokemon level up the speed statistic will raise +3?
In that case the best thing to do is to complete the ev distribution as soon as I get the pokemon? so the stat will grow a lot higher?
The game recalculates stats based on EV whenever you complete super training, level up or deposit in the PC. It makes no difference to your end stats when you do it. It is convieniant for some to do early if you do not want to worry about undesirable EVs from random battles (and having use EV-down berries to fix that). Plus being fully EV trained will make you slightly stronger.

20 people on the Friend Safari list and still no Fairy type. I want a Togepi. :(
If you're not fussed about ability or nature then you could always GTS. I ended up getting one just to get a second Slurrpuff (so I could get an Aromatisse and help out randoms while still having a Slurrpuff re: their lower forms w/hold items...if I ever set PGL my timeline will be full of that).

Stuart444

Really? PM me you FC if I'm not already on your friend list, I thought I set everything to public.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/D-356-3391-A/photo

I don't have any photos but it shows (with me signed out) this so I guess something isn't fully set to public.

http://i2.minus.com/iZUDiQYdIf9Au.png

That is the main privacy settings page (bolded certain stuff out just in case). Don't know what the base privacy setting (which I set to everyone straight away) but the other privacy settings are set to nobody straight away.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Found my first shiny last night. Golden Mightyena. I guess I've got poor luck with good shinies seeing as I found a shiny Mincinno in White 2 last week.

Is there a primer for all things Pokemon related or a guide book that is recommended? I've played a lot of the mainline games but never paid attention to the stuff like 'mood' or 'berries' or 'breeding' ... a lot of the 'extra' stuff that was added. Would be great to read up on this stuff while at work and not playing.

EDIT: How do you know if something is 'shiny'?

My Pokemon GL account needs to be approved by customer service?
Starwolf_UK is apparently an inappropriate name for me. This is as bad as Pokemon nicknames.

I'll get just go with my trainer name (which I made back in 1999 to fill all 7 characters)...well if I could find the field to change. Bah.

I'm guessing all the pre-registration trades will turn up sometime soon...well back to Spritzee trading...

Is there a primer for all things Pokemon related or a guide book that is recommended? I've played a lot of the mainline games but never paid attention to the stuff like 'mood' or 'berries' or 'breeding' ... a lot of the 'extra' stuff that was added. Would be great to read up on this stuff while at work and not playing.

EDIT: How do you know if something is 'shiny'?
Guide books tend to simplify things (they won't list raw numbers for base stats but use a 1-5* rating). A Pokedex sort of guide (one guide is a walkthrough, the other a Pokedex) should list egg groups for breeding as well as learned moves. They might list berries. Homestly the best way is to search the term and see what is known. Sites like Serrebii and bulbapedia should pop up a lot.

Shinies are a different colour from normal and when they appear in battle there is a special graphical effect (a ring of stars extends out form the Pokemon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom