• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a lvl 1 Pumpkaboo on Wonder Trade which evolved into Gourgeist. Super rad :)

EDIT: This is really odd... it learned explosion right when I got it, but now the fourth move slot that it took up is empty??? He also learned a 90 power Ghost move that didn't register either :'(

Someone posted a map of Lumiose City on Reddit :)

Could be useful!

tumblr_inline_mnrt8fENrN1qz4rgp.gif

MegaMelon

So guys I have like 2 people registered in my 3ds. Obviously I need a lot more for
friend safari
so I was wondering...can I just add gaffers to my 3ds for it to work? Even if they haven't registered me back? Thanks in advance.

Robin64

So guys I have like 2 people registered in my 3ds. Obviously I need a lot more for
friend safari
so I was wondering...can I just add gaffers to my 3ds for it to work? Even if they haven't registered me back? Thanks in advance.

It needs to be mutual friends for it to work.

Hearing stuff about game breaking bugs in Lumiose City, what's up with that?
Saving outdoors in certain spots can cause the game to lock up when you reload. It sort of half loads (a lot of textures missing) then the system completely freezes.

Fixes include; remove your SD card before playing and mash the home button like crazy when loading the save.

Robin64

Added myself on there. Larvesta, Braixen and Pansear are in my Safari for those interested. Be sure to send me a PM when you've added me and I'll do the same for those I add. Thanks.

Also, you should make that spreadsheet private...

Yeah, might need to, but I didn't want people to jump through hoops or anything. Might be okay, you need the link to access it. We'll see. If there's any vandalism I'll have to tighten up.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What is the last move that Helioptile learn and at what level? That way I can learn everything before I use the Sun Stone on it.

Frodo

You and me bro~ Then again, my Pokémon are all around Level 24 or something, so it's not THAT bad :p

Had a great session yesterday : caught lots of Pokémon (including that blade Pokémon for my team), trained the Larvitar I traded yesterday (which is now around Level 17, and knows some good attacks). It was really nice.

By the way, I believe there's a male version of the Psy cat Pokémon (don't remember his name), near the Castle near Road 7, right? I only found the female variety...

So, that means I will have to back track to Route 7 now then... :p

MarkusRJR

Just clocked in 5 hours trying to catch an adamant or jolly Eevee with adaptability on Route 10. Ended up growing my Pikachu 2-3 levels just from catching Eevees, all of which had shitty natures or had Run Away as it's ability. The last one I caught was a docile nature (neutral) with adaptability. I am so done right now. Eevee is my favorite Pokémon and I refuse to not have one on my in game team. Guess I'll try again tomorrow... :p

At least I can listen to podcasts during the process.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I spend my time last night training Delphox with Super Training. Maxed his speed and special attack, and put the remaining points in special defense (his second highest stat).

I hope I didn't ruin him. It took way longer than I expected, so I'm not gonna do it anytime soon with my other monsters. Maybe later, once I've settled in a definitive team.

Anyway, I finally got my Vaporeon, so now Wartortle is out. Which is a shame, but I can't justify having two water types on my team. Also swapped Chesnaught for Bulbasaur, so I can at least have one that mega evolves (I also have Aerodactyl, but I'm not sure how longer will I keep him there).

I spend my time last night training Delphox with Super Training. Maxed his speed and special attack, and put the remaining points in special defense (his second highest stat).

I hope I didn't ruin him. It took way longer than I expected, so I'm not gonna do it anytime soon with my other monsters. Maybe later, once I've settled in a definitive team.

Anyway, I finally got my Vaporeon, so now Wartortle is out. Which is a shame, but I can't justify having two water types on my team. Also swapped Chesnaught for Bulbasaur, so I can at least have one that mega evolves (I also have Aerodactyl, but I'm not sure how longer will I keep him there).

If only Stealth Rock was a TM in this game I'd be all over that Aerodactyl. Argh why did I trade in my Pokemon Black. I regret it now.

Shengar

Shit, I'm fallen asleep while super training my Flabebe. How is that even possible?!
I'm currently in the town with the name rater, how far I am till I can catch Clauncher?

I think I'm going to restart and go through the game a bit slower. And pick Chespin and Squirtle as starters.

If I restart, am I still able to get a Torchic through distibution, even if I already have one right now?

Meia

To try and get shiny versions of pokemon you're given as part of the story, do you just save before you get it, then reset til success? Kind of doing this with the fossil part right now.

Got EXP Share... thanks.

Also, are male Litleos supposed to be rare? I've read around that most people are encountering females, but I just caught a male one on my first encounter at route 22.

teeny

Yeah, might need to, but I didn't want people to jump through hoops or anything. Might be okay, you need the link to access it. We'll see. If there's any vandalism I'll have to tighten up.

If you want, you could remove the link from your posts and then add it in email tags so that only GAF members that can quote can see it.

Wait, the TM list has changed? I guess if I eventually do a Gen IV transfer I should use the unavailable TMs on certain egg groups.

Also, are male Litleos supposed to be rare? I've read around that most people are encountering females, but I just caught a male one on my first encounter at route 22.
Without numbers to back me I'd say 1/8 Male. You see a lot more females on GTS.

OceanBlue

If you want, you could remove the link from your posts and then add it in email tags so that only GAF members that can quote can see it.

You can also make it a Google Docs form which outputs to an uneditable spreadsheet, if I remember correctly. It even allows users to edit their past submission. It requires more management from whoever's setting it up, but it keeps people from erasing legitimate data.

Just clocked in 5 hours trying to catch an adamant or jolly Eevee with adaptability on Route 10. Ended up growing my Pikachu 2-3 levels just from catching Eevees, all of which had shitty natures or had Run Away as it's ability. The last one I caught was a docile nature (neutral) with adaptability. I am so done right now. Eevee is my favorite Pokémon and I refuse to not have one on my in game team. Guess I'll try again tomorrow... :p

At least I can listen to podcasts during the process.

I've been spending a lot of time trying to catch a Goomy with a decent nature. Podcasts are a pretty good idea, heh.

vall03

Kyogre has abandoned me. I've been circling Kalos over and over again, and I can't seem to get any rains. What in the world triggers rains?!

Shahadan

I have a few gaffers on my friendlist who have some interesting pokemons in safari but they apparenlty don't have the game, I don't know if I should add them on doc or not. Maybe I'll PM them to ask if they're ok with that.

Robin64

I have a few gaffers on my friendlist who have some interesting pokemons in safari but they apparenlty don't have the game, I don't know if I should add them on doc or not. Maybe I'll PM them to ask if they're ok with that.

Hmm. Maybe on sheet 2 or something. People without the game can't spawn Pokemon with hidden abilities or get the third slot.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
HOLY SHIT

Possible Missing Dad spoilers.

So your mom is responsible for totaling your dad. She mentions that one time she was unable to stop her Rhyhorn's speed that she sent her husband flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom