• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
I used the mystery gift thing and got a Torchic but where does it go? I thought it said it would be in the PC but I checked, not there.

Joqu

Is game sync down for everyone else? I could link my game just fine but it says the servers are down whenever I try to update things.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I'm guessing this is known already, but I encountered a legendary in the wild. It fled, but it was still cool to see.
http://i.minus.com/jMm0gFrhIDKkD.jpg

Oh joy it's
the legendary birds trio again.

How disappointing, Game Freak.

I used the mystery gift thing and got a Torchic but where does it go? I thought it said it would be in the PC but I checked, not there.

You need to talk to the delivery girl, with a free space in your party and she will give it to you.

It would also help if you actually paid attention to the game as it tells you that when you get the Torchic.

Prisoner

Hi guys! I've just had my GAF account activated (I signed up last Saturday after years of lurking) and only just received the new Pokémon in the mail yesterday.

So where better to type my first post than here?

I haven't had time to start playing yet but...

#TeamY
#TeamFroakie
#TeamCharmander

By the way, this is my first Pokémon since FireRed & LeafGreen; do I have a lot to catch-up on?

Pokemon centre is what it meant by PC. There will be a delivery person in there somewhere.

By the way, this is my first Pokémon since FireRed & LeafGreen; do I have a lot to catch-up on?
Depends on how much you knew before. Probably the biggest change is moves are now physical or special rather than all moves of a type being physical or special. Also there is a new type added, fairy, the effectiveness table in the OP also shows a few changes this brings.

SmokeMaxX

Wow been trying out this wonder trade thing and managed to trade a zubat that someone traded me for a Lvl 49 Ditto. I'm only like 30 minutes into the game too and all my Pokemon are like lvl 6 lol.

ramyeon

Thinking about sending all these Togepi out on Wonder Trade to make people happy but I don't want all the crappy pokemon in return that I'd have to release lol.

Post game spoilers

Got my PokeRadar (had 2 encounters with Articuno in the wild with it). Can I find shiny pokemon with this thing? And if so, any tips?

Not sure if mentioned, but to add more fuel to the fire there's a couple in Hotel Richissme who mentions that the 40th and 45th wedding anniversary gifts are ruby and sapphire. Can't get much more blatant than that.

Guide books tend to simplify things (they won't list raw numbers for base stats but use a 1-5* rating). A Pokedex sort of guide (one guide is a walkthrough, the other a Pokedex) should list egg groups for breeding as well as learned moves. They might list berries. Homestly the best way is to search the term and see what is known. Sites like Serrebii and bulbapedia should pop up a lot.

Shinies are a different colour from normal and when they appear in battle there is a special graphical effect (a ring of stars extends out form the Pokemon).

Awesome, thanks!

Prisoner

The overworld music and pre-battle trainer themes have been amazing, but the battle music has definitely been the weakpoint of this ost. I heard that Ichinose didn't work on this one apparently?
It does feel like his style's disappeared from this one, since a few of the tracks that do bear his hallmarks also recall those from Minako Adachi and Hitomi Sato (the latter adept at imitating all of the other musicians). Let's wait and see the track credits from the OST first.

When is the OST to the game hitting? The city themes starting with Cyllage City have been really good.
November 13 in Japan, iTunes release around that dame time for US.

Dragoshi1

Best moveset for Tyrantrum, anyone?

Mine is maxed out affection-wise, and knows;

Head Smash(but that recoil is awful)
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom