• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I hate how long GTS trade's take. Some of us are in a rush to try to pick up a Pokemon before someone else.

I finally found somebody with a reasonable trade for a Spiritomb, they wanted a Vulpix. The person who wanted a Vulpix wanted a Charmander and the person who wanted a Charmander wanted a Chespin. I got the Charmander, and by the time I got back to the Vulpix it was already gone :(

I was so close to getting that Spiritomb.

EDIT: Yes!! I finally got a Spiritomb! I found someone who wanted a Garchomp, and the Garchomp person wanted an Ampharos. I got the Garchomp and then got the Spiritomb. To make sure none of you have to go through that mess, I'll be breeding some Spiritomb if anyone wants to trade for one.

disappointing that starters don't have megas. Really does sideline the new starters in favor of oldies... especially when the whole game is about megas megas megas.

Best moveset for Tyrantrum, anyone?

Mine is maxed out affection-wise, and knows;

Head Smash(but that recoil is awful)
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch

Because of the recoil, Rock Slide is a better move to have. Also, does Tyrantrum learn Dragon Dance? If it does, that's also a great option to fit in(probably instead of Crunch).

ramyeon

So I'm new to this IV stuff but... I caught a female Togepi that says "Mischievous" and considering they're supposed to have 31 IVs in the Friend Safari, would it be safe to assume that this is good? Unfortunately her nature is Lax, if I were to breed it is there anyway to guarantee transfer of IVs?

Bullza2o

Dragoshi1

Because of the recoil, Rock Slide is a better move to have. Also, does Tyrantrum learn Dragon Dance? If it does, that's also a great option to fit in(probably instead of Crunch).

Where do we get the Rock Slide TM and Dragon Dance TM?

I had Tyrantrum with Rock Tomb until it learned Head Smash, but Rock Slide would be better between them all.

Sadist

Ugh, I hate how long GTS trade's take. Some of us are in a rush to try to pick up a Pokemon before someone else.

I finally found somebody with a reasonable trade for a Spiritomb, they wanted a Vulpix. The person who wanted a Vulpix wanted a Charmander and the person who wanted a Charmander wanted a Chespin. I got the Charmander, and by the time I got back to the Vulpix it was already gone :(

I was so close to getting that Spiritomb.
Agreed. Missed out on the last second with those kind of trades.

Btw, does anyone know about a Pokémon (or attack) that hits two enemies at once? I'm using Sweet Scent to lure hordes, but the Zangoose are being total dicks towards Seviper. They kill it every time :(

Oh well, did get lucky apparantly and encountered a horde of Tailow! So except for Pidove every early bird type is represented in X and Y.

Kouriozan

Alright, my 30 Dragonairs have been traded.

Before :

byhtDJ5.jpg

After :

I had Tyrantrum with Rock Tomb until it learned Head Smash, but Rock Slide would be better between them all.

He learns Rock Slide at a very high level(68?), I haven't found the TM myself yet. Dragon Dance sadly isn't a TM, so it has to have it by level up(don't think it does).

I just now realised that my Salamence will have to go by without DD, what a bummer.

Fireblend

Banned
Works beautifully on my iPhone 4S

Aw man :( guess my Nexus 4 is reporting a big screen size or something and they're not doing the browser agent detection right. Damn, it does look sexy on the pictures.

Also, does anyone know at what level my Talonflame will learn a decent fire move? Right now it knows:

Ember
Quick Attack
Aerial Ace (Replaced Peck with a TM)
Agility

Bullza2o

Question about PGL:

If I link my sister's Pokemon X (I have Pokemon Y), will her info/stats in any way affect mine, or are both games separate? She doesn't have a Pokemon.com account.

SmokeMaxX

I got traded a Froakie. Still new to the game so don't know how to check its stats and whatnot since it's in my Box right now. If anyone wants to trade a Fennekin for it, please PM me :)

Figures I'd spend like 30 minutes deciding between Froakie and Fennekin only to pick it AND get traded it <_<

EDIT: Female Timid Level 1 Froakie; has some Japanese name.

Dragoshi1

He learns Rock Slide at a very high level(68?), I haven't found the TM myself yet. Dragon Dance sadly isn't a TM, so it has to have it by level up(don't think it does).

I just now realised that my Salamence will have to go by without DD, what a bummer.

Cool, my Tyrantrum is Lv64, few more level ups until rock slide, then!

And what is the consensus on fairy types? Who is the best overall?

I need a decent one for online battling, as everyone seems to be using Mega Garchomp and Gengar. 5 out of 8 battles I did had the opponent with them.

I was thinking Klefki, or spending the time raising a Flabebe.

About to hit the 8th gym and I can safely say this is the greatest Pokemon game I have ever played.

Story isn't overly complex, environments are amazing, Pokemon designs are fantastic in 3D, EVERYTHING IS AMAZING.

MicH

Aw man :( guess my Nexus 4 is reporting a big screen size or something and they're not doing the browser agent detection right. Damn, it does look sexy on the pictures.

Also, does anyone know at what level my Talonflame will learn a decent fire move? Right now it knows:

Ember
Quick Attack
Aerial Ace (Replaced Peck with a TM)
Agility
Aww that sucks ;/
My Talonflame is level 75 and the best fire move it has is still Flame Charge from the TM. So damn useless in that regard

Sadist

Agreed. Missed out on the last second with those kind of trades.

Btw, does anyone know about a Pokémon (or attack) that hits two enemies at once? I'm using Sweet Scent to lure hordes, but the Zangoose are being total dicks towards Seviper. They kill it every time :(

Oh well, did get lucky apparantly and encountered a horde of Tailow! So except for Pidove every early bird type is represented in X and Y.
Because last page;

Plus, where can I find the Super Rod?

Cool, my Tyrantrum is Lv64, few more level ups until rock slide, then!

And what is the consensus on fairy types? Who is the best overall?

I need a decent one for online battling, as everyone seems to be using Mega Garchomp and Gengar. 5 out of 8 battles I did had the opponent with them.

I was thinking Klefki, or spending the time raising a Flabebe.

I got Gardevoir, really high special attack so it will obliterate every Dragon it switches into. Fairies get ripped apart by Gengar though, because of it's Poison type they just hit it for NVE.

Fireblend

Banned
Aww that sucks ;/

I figured it out! Turns out the URL for the mobile site is 3ds-sp.pokemon-gl.com instead of just 3ds.pokemon-gl.com. Kinda shitty that it does no automatic recognition, but I guess it's better than what I feared. Indeed the mobile site is pretty
3AQmK.gif

And that sucks about Talonflame. I was thinking about replacing it with Growlithe and I think this settles that. I've been leveling it along with my team and it's a fire beast moves-wise:

Flame Wheel
Fire Fang
Take Down
Bite

Hobobloke

I don't even have the game yet but love Tyrantrum already.

Nah man it's all about that Head Smash I think, you want him to tear a hole in things while he can wouldn't worry about his longevity personally.

For sets I imagine you could just slap a scarf/band on him or do a boosting set with Life Orb depending on his stat raising movepool.

Ibuki

Banned
I had two boxes full of Fennekins before giving up. I don't think I'll give up on Pumpkaboo though haha

I started with 1 box of Charmander and then moved on. I have pretty much vowed not to progress in the story or leave this daycare area until I get one. I am still right before the second gym. :p

ramyeon

I know duoblade evolves with a
dusk stone
. Is it one of those pokemon that can't learn anymore moves after evolution or should i evolve it whenever i have access to one?
Don't evolve it till 51 at least, there's a move you'll want then. You'll need to get it to relearn a move too after you evolve it though.

Hobobloke

Just searched and smogon says Tyrantrum can get DD through breeding with Zard, he also gets Rock Polish too it seems; such tough choices.

LOL Antiwhippy, I wasn't prepared for that match raising three weaklings in my team, yet I still feel super cheap winning with Xerneas :p.

Btw has anyone else been getting random trade requests from passersby? Battle requests I can understand, but if a trade comes out of nowhere I have no idea what they want and end up ignoring them.

3KuZaBQ.png

The revamped site is pretty cool. Last time I'll have that many starters on my playthrough team though, I usually never put any starters on any of my actual battling teams (except Feraligatr).

ramyeon

Means it could have a 31 IV in special defense, so possibly.
Yeah, aren't things caught in the Safari supposed to have 31 in IVs or something? Although I'm still not entirely clear on what IVs are and the wiki articles on it are even more confusing haha. It's nature is +SpD too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom