• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlot

Does anyone have a Gible that knows the hidden ability Rough Skin? I'd really love one for breeding. I think you can get them from the Friend Safari (I'm not up to it yet)

My friend code is: 2277-6655-8439
I can trade you one. My friend code should be in my GAF profile.

zoukka

Does anyone have female Tyrunt or ready bred Tyrunts with appropriate natures? Mine was male and I would like to train one for my main party.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I'm not sure I like the new exp share.. I'm not even at the second gym and I have all 6 around lvl 20. My pokemon are evolving before I get to fully appreciate their early forms!

Forkball

Just like real life, then. Men's fashion is pretty boring.

You can wear dresses in Animal Crossing though if you're a guy. Nintendo was so progressive, then snatched it away.

Anyone having connection issues? I keep getting disconnected from the Pokenet.

Neiteio

QUESTION ABOUT SUPER TRAINING/CORE TRAINING:

I used Tyrunt to unlock all the minigames, meaning my Tyrunt (now Tyrantrum, lv. 49) has some EV investment in every stat, even if the lion's share are in Attack and Defense. If I use a Reset Bag to reset his base stats, it won't affect his current stats, right? Can I safely use a Reset Bag to reset his base stats, go all-out with Attack and Defense EV training, and then expect stronger stat growth in those categories going forward?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Sure, send me a PM when you wanna get it off me :) might be heading off to sleep soon but I'll be on again tomorrow morning before class. This game has a hold on me haha. I think I'm up to 70 hours or something ridiculous since Saturday.

I'd like one too, if still available.

zoukka

I'm not sure I like the new exp share.. I'm not even at the second gym and I have all 6 around lvl 20. My pokemon are evolving before I get to fully appreciate their early forms!

That's Pokemon X/Y in a nutshell. I'm not even in the second gym either and all my guys are lvl 30, I have 100k cash and god tier pokemon catched from grass :b

StayDead

That's Pokemon X/Y in a nutshell. I'm not even in the second gym either and all my guys are lvl 30, I have 100k cash and god tier pokemon catched from grass :b

I really think people are blaming the wrong thing here. It's not XP share that's overlevelling your pokemon, it's the fact there's a relatively large gap between gym 1 and 2, then a very tiny gap between gyms 2-3-4-5-6 so you've got less time to actually "level on the move" between those gyms, it levels you up higher than you need to be for gym 2 so it keeps you on the move between the other gyms removing the need for annoying grinding.

SaberVulcan

Nope.
I always have bad luck in Pokemon games. I still haven't run into a shiny after playing for 40 hours, and everyone else seems to ):

Hah. Ive probably played an upwards of 1000 hours across all Pokemon games(like 300~ in Pearl alone) and the only shiny I have ever seen was one that I bred in Sapphire.

Berordn

Mannn I just had a Wild Moltres Pop and before I could even fight it...It Fled....

Darthvadernoooooo.gif :(

It's a roaming Pokemon, now that it's popped up you can track its location. You're going to have to find a way to keep it from running, though.

If you don't want to think about it:
Shadow Tag/Arena Trap works well

Does Scizor consume the metal coat item when it evolves?

Yes, as does any other held item evolution.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It's a roaming Pokemon, now that it's popped up you can track its location. You're going to have to find a way to keep it from running, though.

If you don't want to think about it:
Shadow Tag/Arena Trap works well

Yes, as does any other held item evolution.

Yes, trade evolutions result in the loss of an item. So you couldn't use the item again, for a Steelix or anything.

Ah :( Any way to get more steel coats?

aett

Are there any NPCs in the game that pay extra money for items such as gold nuggets, pearls, etc.? They exist in some, but not all, Pokémon games so I've been hanging onto all of my sell-for-cash items in case I run into any of these NPCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom