• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroroute

Banned
I'm having problems getting into the global link. Does the site take a while to load or something? I've cleared my cache and cookies, and also tried another browser.

ramyeon

3KuZaBQ.png

The revamped site is pretty cool. Last time I'll have that many starters on my playthrough team though, I usually never put any starters on any of my actual battling teams (except Feraligatr).
This was probably the first Pokemon I've played where my starter has been the most useless on my team haha. All my other monsters were bred and raised specifically while he was just... there haha.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
LOL Antiwhippy, I wasn't prepared for that match raising three weaklings in my team, yet I still feel super cheap winning with Xerneas :p.

Nah that's fine, half of the reason I was searching for a fight anyway was to heal my team.

Fuck the terminus caves. 3 dead and 2 poisoned deep in the cave is no joke.

MarkusRJR

How do you super train the Pokémon that have auto firing balls? I'm trying to train my oddish's sp atk and it's literally impossible even on easier difficulties.

Is it bad or frown upon to have starters on your line up?

Nah man, do what you want. Anyone who says you "should" do this or that for your team (especially if it's just a story playthrough) is insane. For me personally I just like having non-starters on my battling teams, this pic is from the HoF though so it was just my story playthrough.

Is it bad or frown upon to have starters on your line up?

Not at all, competitively most of them are just not that good. Only a few starters(most notably Blaziken) are good enough to be used in high level competitive play. You can use whatever you want though.

Only pokemon that are frowned upon are the powerful Legendaries(so not Zapdos, Entei, etc.) like Mewtwo, Kyogre, Rayquaza, etc.

Roto13

Last night before I went to bed, I spent 280,000 pokebux (with the bargain O-Power) on a hat, a shirt, and a manpurse.

No regrets. I look awesome.

Renoir

Nah man, do what you want. Anyone who says you "should" do this or that for your team (especially if it's just a story playthrough) is insane. For me personally I just like having non-starters on my battling teams, this pic is from the HoF though so it was just my story playthrough.
Oh ok.. I was like man... I guess I'm a scrub.
But it does make sense since it's just the story.

Renoir

Not at all, competitively most of them are just not that good. Only a few starters(most notably Blaziken) are good enough to be used in high level competitive play. You can use whatever you want though.

Only pokemon that are frowned upon are the powerful Legendaries(so not Zapdos, Entei, etc.) like Mewtwo, Kyogre, Rayquaza, etc.
So how you show off your shiny Girantina?

Btw has anyone else been getting random trade requests from passersby? Battle requests I can understand, but if a trade comes out of nowhere I have no idea what they want and end up ignoring them.
You show each other Pokemon through a really badly designed system where you can see their boxes (but not the pokemon inside).

For example once you offer something there is no way to back out unless they straight up stop trading with you. If you on the other hand want to stop trading the system lags for about a minute showing them scrolling through their boxes and Pokemon.

A confirm then final confirm system (like later PSO releases) and some simple chat (it is funny how PSO had a word select system* and come to think of it Pokemon Gen III**) and a decline option would make it work more smoothly.

*-You could build simple sentences form built in words/phrases and these would be translated into the language the other player was using. Come to think of it the PSS profile survey operates in a similar way.
**-I blame the Gardiviour make me hot meme for its demise...

mandiller

Does anyone have a Gible that knows the hidden ability Rough Skin? I'd really love one for breeding. I think you can get them from the Friend Safari (I'm not up to it yet)

My friend code is: 2277-6655-8439

Renoir

So that special torchis that I got over the gift give away, I should definitely train it? Cuz I was all like man fuck the chicken, I rather have the dragon.

So that special torchis that I got over the gift give away, I should definitely train it? Cuz I was all like man fuck the chicken, I rather have the dragon.

You should train the Pokemon you want to train. Blaziken with Speed Boost is a broken Pokemon though, even without the Mega form.

Robin64

I kinda feel I don't want to flood my game too much when the Poke Transfer goes live, so what I'll do is spend some time making a couple of boxes of just the things I want. Legendaries that XY doesn't have, level 1 freshly hatched versions of all the starters throughout the years and anything a little unique and special (like my Espeon and Umbreon that I got at the beginning of Colosseum).

Tusk

Can someone give me a dusk stone and a skrelp? :p I can give a clauncher, or something.

Also, just found where to evolve Eevee into Glaceon, yay. Gonna get one later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom