• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteo

You know the first thing I did when I got into my first Pokemon battle?

Hold A to fast forward. The one thing I needed GF to copy from Atlus.

Oh yes. I was thinking that too. I think I'll turn off the animations at some point to make battles go faster, right now they look awesome and entretaining.

Berordn

Can't believe the guide has no Pokedex. It's going to take a long time for us to have accurate information for the new gen 6 Pokemon.

The Pokedex has been sold separately from the guide since Gen IV at least. It sucks, but not that surprising.

They're probably waiting for some of the event legendaries to pop up officially so they can be included.

I wish pokebank didn't exist, since december 25th marks the day online battling will be full of maxed out "legit" pokes (31IV everywhere, perfect nature/moves, shitloads of legendaries). Pretty much will have to hack too just to be on the even playing field if that happens.

Magnus

Any downside to using incenses that have the same effect as regular items?

Like, lucky incense vs Amulet Coin? Is it reducing my affection levels from the Pokemon equipping the incense? Cuz shit, if that's all it is, it's worth all the extra cash. Hahaha.

The remakes are out of print already?

Wow, that's disappointing.

The more people get shoehorned toward Gen VI, the more 3DS systems are bought and the more Pokebank subscriptions are set up.

Wondering that too. GameStop had a copy of HeartGold for $49 for just the cart. That's more than I paid for X.

I'm thinking maybe very few people who bought it traded it in? That seems to be the case on craigslist too, no one close buy is selling it, only a couple available and they'd be quite a drive.

decaf

I'm looking for a female Torchic in a Cherish Ball (
3NMognm.png
).

To my understanding, Poké Balls are hereditary from mothers so I'm looking for someone who received a female via Mystery Gift, then bred it and received another female (or the Mystery Gift one itself if you really don't want it).

In return I'm happy to trade any/all of these starter Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie.

Alternatively, if I'm completely wrong about Cherish Balls being hereditary from females, please do let me know!

ohlawd

Oh yes. I was thinking that too. I think I'll turn off the animations at some point to make battles go faster, right now they look awesome and entretaining.

I turned them off. Just had to. Too slow. I did the same with 2nd gen, 4th and 5th. I can stomach animations on only in 1st and 3rd.

I only turn them on with important battles like Gym Leaders, rivals, League...

Game Freak loves their drawn out animations or pauses or whatever. There's no need for the delay when you switch out your Pokemon or sending them out. There's a 1-2 second pause for everything and it's completely unnecessary.

Magnus

I have had good luck with froakies as well. Had more than I currently know what to do with!

Wow, the Pokemon in the daycare get it on that fast? I've only been checking in after every new route or 'dungeon'/gym. And come to think of it, yeah there's always been an egg for me. Shit.

QP3

Wow, the Pokemon in the daycare get it on that fast? I've only been checking in after every new route or 'dungeon'/gym. And come to think of it, yeah there's always been an egg for me. Shit.
Yeah, they're like rabbits. I usually pick up 2-3 eggs at once (just walk back and forth a few times) then continue on with story until they hatch, then repeat!

Ellasman

I'm about to go into the 2nd gym and my entire team is:

Frogadier Lv.21
Wartortle Lv. 21
Fletchinder Lv. 21
Doduo Lv. 22
Honedge Lv. 20
Amaura Lv. 20

Compared to other games I feel like that's high for the second gym. Am I about to tear shit up or am I just not remembering right?

Magnus

What exactly is the easiest method to obtain a foreign ditto?

Honestly? Have a big stable of Pokemon, including starters you've already bred from a regular ditto, and just scan the GTS. Quickly look at what each foreign one wants for trade - you'll inevitably see a player who only wants something like a starter or a version-exclusive common pokemon. Just click through quickly. Trick is just having a wide variety on hand to meet the needs. You'll never have enough time to complete a number of trades to get what the Ditto owner wants- his will be gone by then. Good luck!

Is there a write-up anywhere on the details of breeding? I haven't gotten there yet, but reading this thread is confusing the hell out of me haha.

If it's not that complicated, just ignore me lol.

Symphonic

How long does it take for a Rating Battle to show up on the Global Link? Played one like half an hour ago and it's not up yet.

Also how to do photos on GL work? There's only one up but I know I've taken like 4 in the game.

I wish pokebank didn't exist, since december 25th marks the day online battling will be full of maxed out "legit" pokes (31IV everywhere, perfect nature/moves, shitloads of legendaries). Pretty much will have to hack too just to be on the even playing field if that happens.
Most legendaries are banned from GTS. The best ones anyways.

Darklord

Banned
Erm, is there actually someway to battle online with people in your level range? It seems everyone I find is like lv50. But ACTUALLY lv50, not fake stat boosted up 50.

Rnr1224

Going through my post game right now. I'm trying to make a good team. How does this one look for type coverage?

Blaziken
Garchomp
Starmie
Aegislash
Weavile
Aerodactyl

I'll prob make garchomp or blaziken my mega. Seems like I have a lot of physical sweepers but I'm trying to make the team all about speed mostly and this was the most diverse type-wise.

Erm, is there actually someway to battle online with people in your level range? It seems everyone I find is like lv50. But ACTUALLY lv50, not fake stat boosted up 50.

Besides moves variety, there isn't any difference between "fake" 50 and real 50. Everyone can use the Super Training for EVs.

Easiest way I've seen is to look at their playtime under their profile and if it's close to yours, battle them. Usually it's a pretty good indicator

Can someone link me to the trade thread please? I can't find it and want to ask if someone has a female Glaceon to trade as I'm still a bit away from the Frost Cavern :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom