• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of EVs are people running on Aegislash?

I went 252 ATK / HP, 4 SPD. Seemed like a good idea as his defenses are boss but HP pool not that high, and sword dance...

Same as you expect speed in spe.D

Aegislash wants as low of a speed as possible so it doesn't get stuck in sword stance if the opponent is slower and bulky, say a reuniclus.

I thought Everstone was only 100% for breeding. I need to find the Gyarados in the wild because of IV distribution. Though I am grateful for you offering!

Oh, you great, strong man. Please friend me.

If you can get Gyarados in friend safari, the IVs are guarenteed to be better than average I believe. Some gaffer has it in their selection.

Sadist

Some people seem to think it's tied to shiny chances, but no one has proven it
... I think it's starting to become more likely, because (I shit you not GAF) I tipped about everything in the game. 100, 500 and a few I gave a thousand. I just caught my third shiny, a male Electabuzz.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Some people seem to think it's tied to shiny chances, but no one has proven it

Super anecdotally, I've been tipping 1000 for most of the game and found one shiny so far after three gens of nothingness.

Korosenai

I personally would go 252 Sp. Atk/252 HP, Goodra's Sp.Def is already high better to have extra HP.

Yea, I super trained a Modest Goomy last night at 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def / 4 HP, but i'm beginning to think it probably wasn't the right choice.

I want to make a Special Attacker, so i'm definitely going with the Modest Nature and the 252 Sp. Atk. It's Sp. Def. is already pretty high, so I think 252 HP would have been the better choice, because with more HP then that also kind of helps out with the low defense. I don't care how fast it is either, so i'm not gonna worry about speed. I'm also gonna go with the Sap Sipper ability, because I won't be using a rain team, and Sap Sipper just seems better overall.

Edit: Actually, how does this look?

Goodra
Modest Nature
Sap Sipper
252 Sp. Atk / 126 HP / 126 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Dragon Pulse
Sludge Bomb
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

So last night I learned that Pumpkaboo in the Safari are only one size. :/

Also you guys know about the cabs in Luminose right? Like no reason to get lost really. Except maybe hunting alley trainers.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just entered the Lumiose Badlands, really cool area...reminds me of the desert area outside of Damascus in Final Fantasy XII.

DMG-01

Hahaha. I was just trying to catch a JP Timid Ditto using Synchronise in the hopes of trading it for an Eng Timid Ditto, but my first capture has 31 SA, so I'm probably going to keep it for myself. :p

IVs: 13, 14 / 17, 18 / 25, 26 / 31 / 21, 22 / 27, 28
Pretty decent, but I really only care about the SA of course.

Ultimadrago

If you can get Gyarados in friend safari, the IVs are guarenteed to be better than average I believe. Some gaffer has it in their selection.

Yeah, I know. I'd keep trying for two guaranteed 30+ IVs in Attack and Speed once I get there. Thanks for the help Sadist and ryan.

Guys, I'm at the Elite Four.

Few questions, is there more than one Metal Coat?
If so, where is it, or how do I acquire it?
Are any of the new generation Pokemon actually worth keeping (other than Tyrantrum)?

I hope everybody who asks for a Yveltal in return for a Ditto gets molested by an Ursaring. I really do.

Yeah people want some crazy things in return for their pokemon lol. I try to be pretty fair, I usually throw up starters and ask for things like Zorua or other starters.

I did get a Ditto for an Eevee though, which was pretty crazy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah people want some crazy things in return for their pokemon lol. I try to be pretty fair, I usually throw up starters and ask for things like Zorua or other starters.

I did get a Ditto for an Eevee though, which was pretty crazy.

It seems to be the japanese players who most often ask for the unreasonable trades.

I'm just glad you can filter them out now.

pariah164

Results of first breeding round...

genli6J.jpg

Anyone want an Espurr before I sacrifice them to the Wonder Trade gods?

Welp my team for the mock tourney today.

Arcanine Flash Fire (Life Orb)
Flare Bltiz
Wild Charge
Will-o-Wisp (Couldn't get CC on in time)
Extremespeed

Role: Primary fire Pokemon counter and semi-bulky attacker.

Aegislash (Leftovers)
King's Shield
Sacred Sword
Iron Head
Swords Dance

Role:physical Sweeper/Safe switch in on fighting.

Greninja Protean (Life Orb)
Surf
U-turn
Ice Beam
Lick

Role: Spin Blocker, momentum keeper. Also useful as a revenge killer and play some mind games.

Xerneas (Allowed 1 uber because of Mega evo tier not sure)
w/Power Herb

Moonblast
Geomancy
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

Role:Cleanup Special sweeper. Do as much dmg as possible.

Alakazam (Choice scarf)

Psyshock
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

Role:Revenge Killer. Counter against set-ups.

Tyrantrum Lum Berry
Stealth Rock
Head Smash
Crunch
Dragon Claw

Role:Lead, get SR in ASAP do some dmg then die. (This is the guy that I have to replace)

@ 1st glance-Weak to EQ. VERYY Weak to EQ. Thinking of replacing Tyrantrum with Aerodactyl. Also a bit fragile/not to mention the Xerneas with I will have to replace sooner or later.

But considering 4 days not terrible.

They are allowing use of the same items?

Markun

Man, I feel sorry for the Elite 4 + Champion. I was way overleveled when I fought them. I can blame only myself though because I kept going to the Two-Star Restaurant and Battle Chateau for money because I wanted all of the Lumiose Boutique clothes. I'll be damned if I become Champion and not look fabulous.

Speaking of restaurants, I like the way the receptionist treats you like a God if you manage to get all the stars in each battle type a restaurant has. There's new flavor text for the dessert in the Three Star restaurant too and you can even tip 10k every time you eat in any restaurant you got all the stars in.

And yet I still haven't encountered a shiny in my 50+ hours of playing. At least I'm rich and the hottest thing since sliced bread in Lumiose so yay I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom