• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, would anyone be willing to trade me a ditto (preferably foreign)? I can't offer much atm, but I could catch Y exclusives for you, or breed my froakie/charmander in return. PM me if this seems ok!

ohlawd

Friend Safari Pokemon can have Hidden Abilties, but only if the player whose code you're using has beat the Elite 4.

oh what the heck. Is there a separate thread for FCs or am I allowed to crap on the thread with sharing my FC for the peeps who've beat the League?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Anyone have any extra Vulpix they don't want? Been searching the GTS and the one offer I could've met disappeared. :(

Roto13

Question: How long does it take two Pokemon to make an Egg? About a day or so?

I've never done that breeding thing in Pokemon, so...

If the pokemon get along well, every 255 steps there's a chance an egg will appear, with that chance being based on how well they get along. So yeah, really compatible pokemon can make an egg in a few seconds.

Shoyz

Way faster than that, maybe five minutes or so? At least it is with my ditto and blastoise, they crank em out haha

It's step based I think. Take 255 steps and check if they made one.
via Bulbapedia:
Same species, different ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 69.3% (has a value of 70). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two seem to get along very well."
Same species, same ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 49.5% (has a value of 50). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two seem to get along."
Different species, different ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 49.5% (has a value of 50). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two seem to get along."
Different species, same ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 19.8% (has a value of 20). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two don't seem to like each other."
Different Egg Groups, same genders or Undiscovered group
The Pokémon are incompatible and therefore will not make an Egg. The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two prefer to play with other Pokémon than each other."

Question: How long does it take two Pokemon to make an Egg? About a day or so?

I've never done that breeding thing in Pokemon, so...
The game rolls a dice after so many steps taken (also includes cycling) and if the roll succeeds then the daycare man turns around and you can claim your egg.

"The two get along" has a higher chance than "The two don't seem to like each other".

Btw, "The two prefer to play with others" will never produce an egg.

Basically there is a reason that route is a long straight line...

Also you might want Fletchling to evolve as it gains the ability Flame body which reduces the time (steps) eggs take to hatch by half.

Nohar

So, I caught
Zygarde
and
Mewtwo
. I used my Master Ball on the last one (because there was no way I was going to let this battle drag, especially with
Mewtwo spamming Heal
).

Please tell me that I won't regret it ;_;

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
When I do my replaythrough will the Torchic be able to be collected from the Pokecentre again, will it be my Blaiziken or will there be nothing there at all?

Not using him this playthrough but definitely going to be when I go through it all for a second time.

When I do my replaythrough will the Torchic be able to be collected from the Pokecentre again, will it be my Blaiziken or will there be nothing there at all?

Not using him this playthrough but definitely going to be when I go through it all for a second time.

I'd save your replay until Pokebank goes online in December, because you won't be able to claim Torchic again.

pariah164

If the pokemon get along well, every 255 steps there's a chance an egg will appear, with that chance being based on how well they get along. So yeah, really compatible pokemon can make an egg in a few seconds.

Way faster than that, maybe five minutes or so? At least it is with my ditto and blastoise, they crank em out haha

The game rolls a dice after so many steps taken (also includes cycling) and if the roll succeeds then the daycare man turns around and you can claim your egg.

"The two get along" has a higher chance than "The two don't seem to like each other".

Btw, "The two prefer to play with others" will never produce an egg.

Basically there is a reason that route is a long straight line...

Also you might want Fletchling to evolve as it gains the ability Flame body which reduces the time (steps) eggs take to hatch by half.

I leveled a Fletching JUST for that purpose. :3 I'm now riding up and down this road trying to hatch the egg.

Cbajd5

So, I caught
Zygarde
and
Mewtwo
. I used my Master Ball on the last one (because there was no way I was going to let this battle drag, especially with
Mewtwo spamming Heal
).

Please tell me that I won't regret it ;_;

You should have caught mostly everything, especially legendaries, in a plain old Pokeball like I do.

Save that Master Ball for a shiny Abra or shiny Pokemon that is likely to use Explosion or whatever.

Fireblend

Banned
I seem to get a Bulbasaur egg every 50 steps. It's like the game barely waits for the man to be out of view so that he can look back at me again
KuGsj.gif

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I'd save your replay until Pokebank goes online in December, because you won't be able to claim Torchic again.
And then start a new game and claim the Torchic and transfer him, got it. Or the Blaziken. Or both!

Sooner the better though- want to make some opposite decisions and choices on the next run. Think I would've preferred Squirtle all along :(

Shoyz

lawd so long for Pokebank.

Wanna transfer my old Battle Tower/Subway team.

It's my countdown to the end of the world.

Unless the transfer can somehow detect every generated or hacked pokemon. Otherwise flood of amazing fighters and cheated shinies that ruin the fun :(

Roto13

Unless the transfer can somehow detect every generated or hacked pokemon. Otherwise flood of amazing fighters and cheated shinies that ruin the fun :(

GTS can already tell if a pokemon's stats are possible.

I say if someone wants to hack IVs and EVs into their Pokemon, rather than stupidly grind for hours on end, more power to them. :p

Shoyz

GTS can already tell if a pokemon's stats are possible.

I say if someone wants to hack IVs and EVs into their Pokemon, rather than stupidly grind for hours on end, more power to them. :p

With the new system in place making EV training incredibly accessible, I'd rather they put everybody on an equal playing field than be at the disadvantage of either having to cheat myself, or spend those hours of grinding myself.

Catch and block the lot of them, every cheater, I say :)

So what's the justification for one not being able to remove their hat? It seems a bit outdated, especially since they have all these haircuts and clothing you can get but force you to stick with a hat?

Anteo

I just realized how games like Etrian or SMTIV have affected the way I play this game. Back in the day I would have just grinded to beat the Gym leader, but now I actually used growl and string to deal with her pokemons with the mons i had. I didnt even use my bird

So what's the justification for one not being able to remove their hat? It seems a bit outdated, especially since they have all these haircuts and clothing you can get but force you to stick with a hat?

I bet something got bugged near release.

ohlawd

I hope my No Guard Ninjask, Huge Power Slaking, etc make it through :3

If not................. well that's okay. I got my old Registeel team and if that doesn't work then I got my Garchomp team. Fairy Type fucks everything up. Garchomp with a Band was decent in the Subway.

ohlawd

I just realized how games like Etrian or SMTIV have affected the way I play this game. Back in the day I would have just grinded to beat the Gym leader, but now I actually used growl and string to deal with her pokemons with the mons i had. I didnt even use my bird

You know the first thing I did when I got into my first Pokemon battle?

Hold A to fast forward. The one thing I needed GF to copy from Atlus.

Just finished the E4, have to say
Diantha was ridiculously easy, I 1HKOd here Mega Gardevoir with my level 66 Trevenant's Phantom Force. Infact, the only Pokemon she had that lasted more than a turn was Goodra which fell to two Moonblasts from Florges, and Hawlucha and that's only because I had to switch from Pangoro to Florges so I could 1HKO it with Moonblast! Loved the game though

Magnus

disappointing that starters don't have megas. Really does sideline the new starters in favor of oldies... especially when the whole game is about megas megas megas.

They'll get them, no doubt. Megas are genius additions to the core series. They'll probably get rolled out several times a year to renew interest in the games. Or, more will be introduced via Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom