• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to go into the 2nd gym and my entire team is:

Frogadier Lv.21
Wartortle Lv. 21
Fletchinder Lv. 21
Doduo Lv. 22
Honedge Lv. 20
Amaura Lv. 20

Compared to other games I feel like that's high for the second gym. Am I about to tear shit up or am I just not remembering right?
I'd say that's about right. I went there with a lvl 34, a 32, a 29 and a few that I don't remember which level they were. It was still fun, even if easy.

Magnus

I wonder what would happen if the series introduced a mechanic for gym battles/E4 that scaled down the level/stats of your team to match your opponents. It really would then all come down to strategy + move sets + team roster. Couldn't out level it and steamroll it as a result.

Would essentially bring the level playing field of the Level 100 battles in post game right into the main story mode. Could be awesome.

May be the ideal way to go for Hard modes in future games? Like the inevitable Pokemon Z?

backlot

I'm looking for a female Torchic in a Cherish Ball (
3NMognm.png
).

To my understanding, Poké Balls are hereditary from mothers so I'm looking for someone who received a female via Mystery Gift, then bred it and received another female (or the Mystery Gift one itself if you really don't want it).

In return I'm happy to trade any/all of these starter Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie.

Alternatively, if I'm completely wrong about Cherish Balls being hereditary from females, please do let me know!
All the Mystery Gift Torchic were male. Males can pass Hidden Abilities now but unfortunately you won't be able to breed with Cherish Balls.

Korosenai

Question about Goodra and ev's.

Which of these two sets would be better?

Modest / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def. / 4 HP

or

Modest / 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def

edit: Or maybe

Modest / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP (or Sp. Def)

Fireblend

Banned
Will a reset bag reset *all* my stats? Also, I've been punching that grey bag for a while and gotten nothing. Is it random? Do I have to have cleared any of the SP minigames or something?

Busaiku

Will a reset bag reset *all* my stats? Also, I've been punching that grey bag for a while and gotten nothing. Is it random? Do I have to have cleared any of the SP minigames or something?

Yes, it takes you down to 0.
Might want to have some Large Bags of whatever stats you're trying to get saved up as well, otherwise doing the level 2/3 stuff will be much harder for a little bit.

Dystify

Quick question; If I have someone registered as friend on my 3DS, how do I get them to appear in my friend list within the game? Can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for any help.

TrickRoom

Magneton: Electric Terrain.
Magneton: Thunderbolt.

Goddamn.

Is there anyway to trade items without using a pokemon drug mule?

would love to get some mega stones that you can only get post game like for my
alakazam

I wonder what would happen if the series introduced a mechanic for gym battles/E4 that scaled down the level/stats of your team to match your opponents. It really would then all come down to strategy + move sets + team roster. Couldn't out level it and steamroll it as a result.

Would essentially bring the level playing field of the Level 100 battles in post game right into the main story mode. Could be awesome.

May be the ideal way to go for Hard modes in future games? Like the inevitable Pokemon Z?

What I would like to see for gyms is for them to something different for theme than types. I would like a pokemon game where gyms are themed on "simple" strategy archetype. One is all about speed, one gym is about bulky pokemon that wear you out on the long term, one is about explosive power that sacrifices defences, a gym on trickiness, etc.

All this big past discussion about EV training and what is the fastest method forgot to mention the actual fastest way to maximize EV values is by giving vitamins. Expensive yes but still fast!
Have people completely abandoned that method too?
Where can you check your IV value in this game? I remember in Black it was at the Battle subway.

Honestly? Have a big stable of Pokemon, including starters you've already bred from a regular ditto, and just scan the GTS. Quickly look at what each foreign one wants for trade - you'll inevitably see a player who only wants something like a starter or a version-exclusive common pokemon. Just click through quickly. Trick is just having a wide variety on hand to meet the needs. You'll never have enough time to complete a number of trades to get what the Ditto owner wants- his will be gone by then. Good luck!

Catch a local Ditto and stick it on the GTS for another Ditto.

Thanks.

storafötter;86281177 said:
All this big past discussion about EV training and whats fastest forgot to mention the actual fastest way to maximize EV values by giving vitamins. Have people completely abandoned that method too?

Vitamins don't work past 100 EV in the stat.

Vitamins don't work past 100 EV in the stat.

No but it still is faster to use than going through mini games or those punching bags if you are going to supplement a little value in no time.

I thought about the craziest tactics for a Lightning pokemon. What if you could have a fast pokemon with Volt Absord ability but also the move that changes the opponents moves into electric type?
But I have a feeling that the pokemons that have Volt Absorb ability cannot inherit that TM.

Ultimadrago

You do!

Do you want me to trade you one?

Haha, I know. I was asking because I need to hunt for an Adamant Female with 31 Atk/Speed IVs with Moxie as an ability. Only I would be so mad as to attempt that!

Since I can't go to my own, I need to sneak into someone else's. I have an Adamant Synchronize Abra to make the chance of the Gyarados being Adamant 50%, I just need to RNG for the right IVs and Moxie.

Aggrotek

Haha, I know. I was asking because I need to hunt for an Adamant Female with 31 Atk/Speed IVs with Moxie as an ability. Only I would be so mad as to attempt that!

Since I can't go to my own, I need to sneak into someone else's. I have an Adamant Synchronize Abra to make the chance of the Gyarados being Adamant 50%, I just need to RNG for the right IVs.
You can RNG in this game already?

I see a lot of people suggesting it's a special sweeper, but I don't know where they're getting their information. I have a jolly one and a timid one, so I suppose if one doesn't pan out I'll train the other.

The way I've been raising it and seen it described is "Special Aerodactyl". It's a bit weak defensively, but it has some amazing speed and a good enough special attack. Go for Timid or Modest.

Boomblast is also a great Normal move with little drawbacks, the only real problem being that it's a Normal move.

I'm looking for a female Torchic in a Cherish Ball (
3NMognm.png
).

To my understanding, Poké Balls are hereditary from mothers so I'm looking for someone who received a female via Mystery Gift, then bred it and received another female (or the Mystery Gift one itself if you really don't want it).

In return I'm happy to trade any/all of these starter Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie.

Alternatively, if I'm completely wrong about Cherish Balls being hereditary from females, please do let me know!
Pokemon in cherish balls can't be traded over GTS, and event pokemon are typically "locked" in being male, so they can't be bred and distributed.

Loco4Coco

Question about Goodra and ev's.

Which of these two sets would be better?

Modest / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def. / 4 HP

or

Modest / 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def

edit: Or maybe

Modest / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP (or Sp. Def)

I personally would go 252 Sp. Atk/252 HP, Goodra's Sp.Def is already high better to have extra HP.

Welp my team for the mock tourney today.

Arcanine Flash Fire (Life Orb)
Flare Bltiz
Wild Charge
Will-o-Wisp (Couldn't get CC on in time)
Extremespeed

Role: Primary fire Pokemon counter and semi-bulky attacker.

Aegislash (Leftovers)
King's Shield
Sacred Sword
Iron Head
Swords Dance

Role:physical Sweeper/Safe switch in on fighting.

Greninja Protean (Life Orb)
Surf
U-turn
Ice Beam
Lick

Role: Spin Blocker, momentum keeper. Also useful as a revenge killer and play some mind games.

Xerneas (Allowed 1 uber because of Mega evo tier not sure)
w/Power Herb

Moonblast
Geomancy
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

Role:Cleanup Special sweeper. Do as much dmg as possible.

Alakazam (Choice scarf)

Psyshock
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

Role:Revenge Killer. Counter against set-ups.

Tyrantrum Lum Berry
Stealth Rock
Head Smash
Crunch
Dragon Claw

Role:Lead, get SR in ASAP do some dmg then die. (This is the guy that I have to replace)

@ 1st glance-Weak to EQ. VERYY Weak to EQ. Thinking of replacing Tyrantrum with Aerodactyl. Also a bit fragile/not to mention the Xerneas with I will have to replace sooner or later.

But considering 4 days not terrible.

Kyuur

What kind of EVs are people running on Aegislash?

I went 252 ATK / HP, 4 SPD. Seemed like a good idea as his defenses are boss but HP pool not that high, and sword dance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom