• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

So last night a friend from another forum comes through with a Protean Froakie with the perfect nature (that I wasn't aware of at the time) in Timid. I spend most of the early morning super training it, start the next big story sequence with
the Lysander Cafe infiltration (which began with the best music in the generation thus far btw)
and grind the traded Froakie with it holding a Lucky Egg.

It's now a Lv. 38 Greninja (yay) and I just check its stats again:

Atk: 72
Def: 62
Sp. A: 116
Sp. D: 62
Speed: 139

>mfw I realize what "Science!™" has wrought.

ikxpbAXPjVibe.gif

Drago

2 questions:

Do you ever get more than 7 boxes? Beat the game already and 7 really isn't enough.

Mewtwo can be encountered as shiny right? Thinking of SRing for one because I'm nuts.

ffdgh

2 questions:

Do you ever get more than 7 boxes? Beat the game already and 7 really isn't enough.

Mewtwo can be encountered as shiny right? Thinking of SRing for one because I'm nuts.

Like BW and their sequels, place one pokemon in each box and it'll extend.

No clue to the second one

Is getting a zoroark hard? Cuz some JPN person randomly traded a lvl 49 one to me. And a JPN Ditto.

All I gave them was a lvl 1 eevee and a 35 draglalge....did i just get extremely lucky?

Leezard

2 questions:

Once I filled 6 boxes or so I automatically got 7 more boxes.

SGRemy

Where is everybody getting their information on their pokemon's IVs? I know there's a guy in game that gives very vague info.

Also, how much does this really affect my pokebros? If I breed for a modest abra and I super train him in sp.atk and say speed, he should be quite competitive right? Or do I need to breed an abra with good starting IVs???

Caladrius

So last night a friend from another forum comes through with a Protean Froakie with the perfect nature (that I wasn't aware of at the time) in Timid. I spend most of the early morning super training it, start the next big story sequence with
the Lysander Cafe infiltration (which began with the best music in the generation thus far btw)
and grind the traded Froakie with it holding a Lucky Egg.

It's now a Lv. 38 Greninja (yay) and I just check its stats again:

Atk: 72
Def: 62
Sp. A: 116
Sp. D: 62
Speed: 139

>mfw I realize what "Science!™" has wrought.

ikxpbAXPjVibe.gif

It is indeed glorious.

2 questions:

Stick at least one pokemon in every box and they should unlock. (Haven't tested it, but that's how it worked in B/W.

Mewtwo should be able to be shiny. I think the only ones they haven't allowed to be shiny are Reshiram/Zekrom and some event pokemon (Xerneas and Yveltal might be locked too but I'm not testing that shit without some dough.)

Tusk

If anyone has a moon stone, I'll give you a charmander. :p

Edit:
Accidently traded the squirtle on wander trade...

DMG-01

Where is everybody getting their information on their pokemon's IVs? I know there's a guy in game that gives very vague info.

Woah! Where?

Also, how much does this really affect my pokebros? If I breed for a modest abra and I super train him in sp.atk and say speed, he should be quite competitive right? Or do I need to breed an abra with good starting IVs???

At level 100 they can mean a max difference of 31 points in each stat. I usually just go for 2-3 max IVs with my 'mons.

Wurdfurd

Ugh have to watch credits every time you beat Elite 4? sad face

Side note: Anybody have a Squirtle (or its evolutions) for trade? Im trying to make my Gen 2 team as this is the first pokemon ive played since then

Drago

Once I filled 6 boxes or so I automatically got 7 more boxes.

Stick at least one pokemon in every box and they should unlock. (Haven't tested it, but that's how it worked in B/W.

Mewtwo should be able to be shiny. I think the only ones they haven't allowed to be shiny are Reshiram/Zekrom and some event pokemon (Xerneas and Yveltal might be locked too but I'm not testing that shit without some dough.)
Oh OK, awesome.

And I guess I'll try for an hour or so for the Mewtwo but I dunno, I think I can do without. Don't wanna risk the chance the shiny hunt will be for nothing. :V

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a good general guide to breeding out there that still applies to XY? Should I even bother getting started before I have a Ditto?

Loco4Coco

Yea, I super trained a Modest Goomy last night at 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def / 4 HP, but i'm beginning to think it probably wasn't the right choice.

I want to make a Special Attacker, so i'm definitely going with the Modest Nature and the 252 Sp. Atk. It's Sp. Def. is already pretty high, so I think 252 HP would have been the better choice, because with more HP then that also kind of helps out with the low defense. I don't care how fast it is either, so i'm not gonna worry about speed. I'm also gonna go with the Sap Sipper ability, because I won't be using a rain team, and Sap Sipper just seems better overall.

Edit: Actually, how does this look?

Goodra
Modest Nature
Sap Sipper
252 Sp. Atk / 126 HP / 126 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Dragon Pulse
Sludge Bomb
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

I think that's pretty good.

Ozone

Guys, splitting time between Pokemon and Animal Crossing has now stolen my life.

Wait, new consoles next month too? FUCK

emb

Oh OK, awesome.

And I guess I'll try for an hour or so for the Mewtwo but I dunno, I think I can do without. Don't wanna risk the chance the shiny hunt will be for nothing. :V
Let's face it, that's always a risk. The chances are (or at least were before) really low.

Anteo

Thx for the cat pariah! Now to get some extra use of that exp share.
It's really nice to be able to trade anywhere, I was expecting to trade in the Poke center.

Also new pokemons can be level 1 now? I remember from gold that they hatched at level 5. How interesting. I always wondered why eggs got you a level 5 but wild pokes could be level 2

AEGISX

Banned
Trading Japanese ditto isn't hard through gts, you gotta do it during their time zone, 12 hours opposite Eastern standard time US. Anytime between 3am to 8amis good because not a lot people in America is trying to get jpn ditto during that time.

Ferrio

Banned
Trading Japanese ditto isn't hard through gts, you gotta do it during their time zone, 12 hours opposite Eastern standard time US. Anytime between 3am to 8amis good because not a lot people in America is trying to get jpn ditto during that time.

What's special about a japanese ditto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom