• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
Is there a way to tell if the Pokemon you traded is foreign or not? Used the GTS for the first time but I could only request a foreign ditto, so was wondering if there's a way to tell.

The name can be in another language, or look next to the Pokemon's name in the box and it will have a little icon like FRE, ITA, etc

Here is a picture of a JP Ditto.

BWvwYqkCUAAtn68.jpg

Growlie19

Finally bred a female Growlithe. Now to get a male Zangoose with Close Combat. I ended up wonder trading the males away. Best I got was a Tauros, followed by Minccino, while the worst was a Bunnelby, second worst being Fletchling.

BraXzy

Ugh, I am repeatedly getting connection errors when trading/battling. But I have a fast reliable internet connection. Is it the PokeServers or my 3DS' wireless or what? :(

Game is kind of overwhelming to get and I worry I will lose interest quickly. Bell I'm 6 hrs innd still not close to second gym. Now there are boxes, breeding, hatching, planting seeds, grinding...

It's a bit much

You honestly dont have to do ANY of that stuff. At all. Really. Just play to have fun and you'll beat the elite four.

Ibuki

Banned
Game is kind of overwhelming to get and I worry I will lose interest quickly. Bell I'm 6 hrs innd still not close to second gym. Now there are boxes, breeding, hatching, planting seeds, grinding...

It's a bit much

I am 40 hours in, just now fighting the second gym. To be fair half of that time was spent breeding for a shiny. :p

So I'll ask again, where do I go after beating the 5th gym? Route 14/16 are both being blocked. One by two nerds and the other by hardhat man.

you will need to go to
lysander's cafe and talk to lysander and the professor after that u will be able to gain access to route 14 also it can be tricky to find so u can use one of the taxis if you want to go straight there

RagnarokX

guys i'm still fairly new to EV's / natures etc.

but i wrote a VERY VERY BASIC overview.

this is the most basic of basic, and the numbers and figures are not correct, this is to explain the concepts, not to demonstrate exactly how it works. wrote this for my house mate, thought it might interest some of you. (likely some of it's wrong, but the BASICS should be fair enough)

http://pastebin.com/Wc83qLR7

The actual numbers aren't too complicated. A pokemon can have 510 EVs; 252 max per stat. Every 4 EVs is equal to 1 point on that stat at level 100. So a trained pokemon with full EVs in a stat will have 63 extra points in that stat at level 100. That's why all of the Super Training values are multiples of 4 except for small bags.

Moonlight

Banned
Man, I feel like an idiot. I didn't realize Talonflame already had Flame Body. This, after I convince a friend of mine to loan me their Larvesta.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
At this rate I'm never gonna beat the game. 26 hours in and I just entered Geosenge Town for the first time. I started using Pokemon Amie and making them like me and all.

Quick question: if I want to properly train some mons with Super Training, what are the best stats to train? Is there a guide or tutorial of which EVs are best for which types/Pokemon?

EMT0

Banned
I don't see anything wrong with it, so please elaborate.

Orange-haired girl is flashing purple-haired girl, who's on the ground and looking away. Blue-haired girl is pretending to be anywhere but there while the green-haired girl is shrugging, saying what can you do. The dude has only one glove on, is pale, and seems to be watching the show go on.

.....I'm sure the creative minds of GAF could come up with worse than what I did, though.

Mr. Furlong

Neo Member
This has probably been asked, but does anyone know of a vs. seeker or trainers eyes like feature within the game? I'm postgame, but haven't found anything

Teknoman

Orange-haired girl is flashing purple-haired girl, who's on the ground and looking away. Blue-haired girl is pretending to be anywhere but there while the green-haired girl is shrugging, saying what can you do. The dude has only one glove on, is pale, and seems to be watching the show go on.

.....I'm sure the creative minds of GAF could come up with worse than what I did, though.

The leak thread did :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom