• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah, HP/DEF/SpD are 31. Speed is 4 points below 31 in speed (130) and SpA is 3 points below 31 (151). Not sure there exact IVs #s though.

My timid Xerneas has 200/124/115/149/118/130. Bold is 31 IV. Same stats though since Yveltal and Xerneas have the same exact base stats.

Thanks for the response. Not too bad then :) Yours is really awesome though.

Where can I get Lax Incense?

I think you can buy it from Coumarine City

Kyle

I benched combusken at first but damn that mega blaziken is great. I hope to add newer mons to my rotation. Skrelp may be one.

Oh yeah no doubt about that, mega blaziken is beast, but that is exactly why I decided against using him. This game is waaaay easier than the older gens in my opinion (I'm sure many agree), so might as well spice it up I say.

This is my team right now, what do you guys think?:

AO2xwrK.png

Niraj

30 Staryus later I finally get the type/nature combo I wanted, fuck yeah.

Anyone have a suggestion for when to evolve it?

What kind of set are you going for? A lot of its good moves are from TMs if you're playing a straight up attacking set. Thunderbolt, Psychic, Ice Beam, Surf, etc.

Who is a cool Pokemon that can learn False Swipe?

Sick of killing them when I try and whittle them down lol.

Honedge can be taught False Swipe. It also has No Guard so it won't miss against Pokemon spamming Sand Attack.

Gallade gets Mean Look as an egg move from Gastly and learns Hypnosis as a Kirlia.

It is absolutely INFURIATING that I can't find a route that is raining when I need it most.
Don't you love how the generation where they decide to create a Pokemon that evolved through leveling up in natural rainfall is the same generation that just so happens to not have any routes where it is always raining? Good game design right there GFreak.

I, too, am fruitlessly searching for rain to no avail.

Artemisia

Banned
Does anyone know if Everstones pass down abilities now? I mean... I've bred like 15 Aipoms and they ALL have Pickup. Run Away isn't a hidden ability, it should be occurring at roughly the same rate.

I dunno man, if I can actually have someone on my team that can deal with fire/flying instead of having to carry a HM slave... :p

I am not using HM slaves too much in the game yet (I have 3 badges). Most of things that I need Cut or Strength are optional. Surf is useful for my Greninja.

They should rethink how to handle HM is too annoying you seeing a tree to cut and you dont have a Pokemon to do it.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
If the legendary birds run away before even throwing a master ball, how are they supposed to be caught? Anyone figure that out yet? That sounds very annoying.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno man, if I can actually have someone on my team that can deal with fire/flying instead of having to carry a HM slave... :p
Do you still need an HM slave in the post-game? Actually, I don't want to know. The answer is probably yes...

Good thing I'm still 40+ hours away from that point.

Acid08

Banned
What kind of set are you going for? A lot of its good moves are from TMs if you're playing a straight up attacking set. Thunderbolt, Psychic, Ice Beam, Surf, etc.
Yeah I was planning on those four actually, maybe Recover instead of one of them.

In that case I probably should just evolve it asap.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I am not using HM slaves too much in the game yet (I have 3 badges). Most of things that I need Cut or Strength are optional. Surf is useful for my Greninja.

They should rethink how to handle HM is too annoying you seeing a tree to cut and you dont have a Pokemon to do it.

Problem is that so far quite a few useful TMs need strength or cut to gain access to, like will-o-wisp, so I bring one along just to make sure.

Berordn

are the legendaries Shiny-locked?

With how common they've been elsewhere, I feel like we'd have gotten a report on shiny legendaries by now.

If the legendary birds run away before even throwing a master ball, how are they supposed to be caught? Anyone figure that out yet? That sounds very annoying.

There are a few ways to keep them from running, and apparently they calm down after a bit.

Teknoman

Well now I know what the battle box is for (thought it was only for official tournaments online), anyone on my friends list, please feel free to challenge me whenever :p

My trainer name is Andrew.

Also damn it, battle spot battles dont set you to 50?! JP guy is going to massacre me lol.

Niraj

I just want to get Goodra so I can work on special training before the Elite 4, and I've been all around the map who knows how many times, can't find any rain.

Yup, trying to get Goodra as well :(

Yeah I was planning on those four actually, maybe Recover instead of one of them.

In that case I probably should just evolve it asap.

I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to get recover on Staryu. I think the old gens at least it learned it before level 20?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh.

So you still have to store your pokemon is the battle box? I was just hoping that it was something you can register you battling team to instead of having to store them in a box. :(

Honedge can be taught False Swipe. It also has No Guard so it won't miss against Pokemon spamming Sand Attack.

Gallade gets Mean Look as an egg move from Gastly and learns Hypnosis as a Kirlia.

Cool I just this second caught a Honedge!

Gallade sounds like a boss for catching Pokemon though lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I threw mine in a box, I figure for a first run why use old pokemon? My team is all new pokemon from this gen.

Cept charizard. Because fucking charizard.

Haha, exactly what I'm doing. I actually dig a ton of the new designs and find it hard to settle on 5.

But yeah, that torchic is fucking nutso good.

My friend safari has Ivysaur and Tangela if anyone wants either, dunno what the third is.

My friend code is 3480 2998 8084. PM me if you add me and I'll add you back.

Bullza2o

Nobody seem to know if battles are recorded...can anybody who does have had their battles and trades recorded share their profile to me? I wanna see what it looks like.

Moonlight

Banned
Man, breeding goes at a waaaaaaay faster pace than I ever imagined it would. I'm getting Tyrunt eggs pooped out like crazy. Three eggs have already hatched, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom