• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anura

Can someone on my list tell me what is in my Friend Safari?

271.gif

Friend me and I will. Can you do the same for me?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
My friend safari has Ivysaur and Tangela if anyone wants either, dunno what the third is.

My friend code is 3480 2998 8084. PM me if you add me and I'll add you back.

Quoting this so I remember to add you tomorrow. Does anyone who is friends with me know who mine are?

pariah164

Finally got Petilil in Friend Safari! I also have a Sun Stone. Do I evolve her now, at level 30, or wait?

Moves are Magical Leaf, Stun Spore, Giga Drain, and Aromatherapy.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone on my list tell me what is in my Friend Safari?

271.gif

Can't remember off the top of my head, but you don't spawn starters at least. I think it's ghost, bug, fighting or ice...Can't check now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is this confirmed?

Yeah I did it.

In fact I believe that move relearner just teaches you any move that the pokemon will learn throughout its 100 levels. Gardevoir learns moonblast at 89 or something but I taught her that early on with the move relearner.

Finally got Petilil in Friend Safari! I also have a Sun Stone. Do I evolve her now, at level 30, or wait?

Moves are Magical Leaf, Stun Spore, Giga Drain, and Aromatherapy.

Does she have Own Tempo? If so, definitely wait until she learns Petal Dance.

Actually, an ideal moveset for her is Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance and Giga Drain. It provides no coverage, but is incredibly sustainable and allows for some great setups.

Regiruler

In what universe is
Oblivion Wing
a
Flying-type move? It's a fucking darkness laser, you don't need air for that.

I got a holo clip from the prof to meet him somewhere but I forgot the town. It's after you
beat mega-Lysandre
. Does anyone know where I go?

pariah164

Does she have Own Tempo? If so, definitely wait until she learns Petal Dance.

Actually, an ideal moveset for her is Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance and Giga Drain. It provides no coverage, but is incredibly sustainable and allows for some great setups.
Own Tempo? Is that an ability? No, she has Chlorophyll. So I should wait for Petal Dance then?

Own Tempo? Is that an ability? No, she has Chlorophyll. So I should wait for Petal Dance then?

Yeah, Own Tempo is her other ability, and it prevents confusion.

You're probably better off just taking Solar Beam if you have Chlorophyll. That way, you;ll be able to dish out one-turn Solar Beams while your speed is doubled in the sun :)

Music post time.

Also: Elite Four and Champion theme are pretty bad :/
Disagree: the Champion theme's superior to Iris' in terms of calculated contrast and compositional complexity. Really, it hits that sweet spot for me.

nah, I feel like gen 6's soundtrack is free of most of the unnecessary audio 'flourishes' that just served to make the gen v sountrack sound cluttered. Plus Gen 6 conveys a lot more charm and a spirit of adventure
Those flourishes are musically interesting and fill the speakers very effectively, a technique Ichinose's adopted in order to provide a richer sound to Pokémon battles. I definitely enjoy the technical complexity more than most others, though.

Don't forget PokeBall Factory, my favorite. :)
It's climbing my favorites list too, just so well balanced and catchy.

Just skimmed through most of those and it only solidified my opinion. Ghetsis' theme, the ending song, and Unwavering Emotions are the only great songs. The rest has this hideous synth sound to everything. It's a similar reason as to why Gen 3's soundtrack sucked, just instead of trumpets it's shitty synth and bad teeming (doesn't fit with the theme of going on an adventure, feels incredibly out of place). I'd imagine it'd sound much better with different samples or recorded with legitimate instruments, but what was included in the cartridge was mediocre or worse.

Calling it Gen V the "undisputed king of music" is incredibly hyperbolic. Music in the first place is subjective, and I've seen tons of criticism towards the soundtrack.
Except the Gen 3 trumpet and percussion samples have a punch to them the modern samples might never have, giving them an exaggerated quality that's unique and sounds great as a result. How are trumpets and french horns not appropriate for marching through fields teeming with big critters and trainers?

My prediction is that the R/S/E remakes are going to massively benefit from Ichinose's sound direction. Newer samples and effective usage of them are gonna rock. Gen 3's already-amazing, stylistically-flowing soundtrack could use a reboot.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At the very least, just look at the avatar :p

Anyway I never understood why people said the music in XY is subpar. If anything it's the best save for Trainer and Rival battles.

At the very least, just look at the avatar :p

Anyway I never understood why people said the music in XY is subpar. If anything it's the best save for Trainer and Rival battles.
It's definitely a solid soundtrack, but it doesn't hold a candle to Gen V. Then again, Gen V was absolutely spectacular, so anything after that is going to look bad in comparison.

I can't wait for the inevitable Hoenn remakes to have the Gen III soundtrack without it being held back by the GBA's awful soundchip. THAT will be a godly soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom