• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can someone link me to a good site about breeding? How rare is a ditto? I'm playing this with my son and would love to be able to bread other Pokemon for evolutions.

Shengar

I'm noticing that in general Aurorus has a really good special movepool. Too bad a good portion of said movepool's coverage is already taken care of with Freeze Dry.

Anyway, they understood it's typing was horrendous so they gave it some toys to compensate.

They should make Ice resistant to Water and Flying.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm noticing that in general Aurorus has a really good special movepool. Too bad a good portion of said movepool's coverage is already taken care of with Freeze Dry.

Anyway, they understood it's typing was horrendous so they gave it some toys to compensate.

Yeah, I'm quite liking it. I know it would get wrecked competitively, but it's great for in-game.

Anura

You can do this since Generation IV I think.
I evolved my Togetic too early but with Heart Scale I have access to those Moves I've yet to learn.

Are we talking Pre-evolution moves? because those can't be learned back with move tutor unless the evo learns them or its one of those tutor only moves

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Does this game have the most pokemon in a regional dex ever?
450ish yeah?
B/W just had 150ish, at least before all the post-game old pokemon showed up. I dunno what the other regions were, but they sure weren't as bulging as X/Y, were they?

yami4ct

I love the early game, populated GTS. So good the couple months or so around launch. Was having a crap ton of trouble getting a Rotom, so I threw a female Squirtle on there and ended up with my Rotom like half an hour later. Now I just need to get a Ditto to breed for the right nature. So close.

Drago

So how do I find an Aggronite?
Y exclusive stone. In the second gym (rock climbing), climb the first wall then climb the right one on the fork in the road. Should be at the dead end if the time is right.

If you have X, you get the Tyranitar stone instead.

Artemisia

Banned
Can someone on my list tell me what is in my Friend Safari?

271.gif

Take a fucking chill pill.

Whoa, whoa. Let's not get crazy, here.

how could think this? serious q

You are all doing the most. I like the game. I was just pissed off because I'm having super shitty luck with getting a certain ability.

cluto

If you guys want to add another person to your friend safari: 1693-1696-5433

PM me if you add me. Also, can someone who adds me please tell me what my friend safari type and pokemon are so I can add it to the google spreadsheet? Thanks in advance.

During maintenance, all Pokémon Global Link services are unavailable. Please try accessing the site again after maintenance is complete.

Maintenance and periods of unavailability
US: Thursday, October 17, 2013, at 1:00 a.m. (EDT) until Thursday, October 17, 2013, at 4 a.m.

UK: Thursday, October 17, 2013, at 6:00 a.m. (GMT) until Thursday, October 17, 2013, at 9 a.m.

uggh.

Korosenai

I found the best way to get heart scales is to put the thief tm on a pokemon and steal the heart scale from the luvdisc. You don't even have to catch them this way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Y exclusive stone. In the second gym (rock climbing), climb the first wall then climb the right one on the fork in the road. Should be at the dead end if the time is right.

If you have X, you get the Tyranitar stone instead.

Fuuuuuu.

What do you mean by time though?

Anybody with Y wanna trade? I can give them a
Tyrantarite

Ibuki

Banned
Aren't you supposed to get Eevee to max affection before it evolves? I had only two hearts out of five and mine evolved @ lvl 26.

DMG-01

Any ideas of which Pokémon I should breed next? Stupid vague and open-ended question, I know, but I just want to get some ideas. I'm leaning towards Honedge because he's a macdaddy excaliballer, but I'm not going to breed him if he's in a Ditto-only egg group since I don't have any good IV'd Ditto. Does anyone know what egg group he's in?

Does anyone know if Everstones pass down abilities now? I mean... I've bred like 15 Aipom and they ALL have Pickup. Run Away isn't a hidden ability, it should be occurring at roughly the same rate.

Pretty sure they've changed it to favoring the mother's ability. I keep running into the same problem. It's a great change in theory, but if your 'mon has the wrong ability, it's a nightmare.

If you would have told me prior to release that I would be spending hours breeding WOBBUFFETS, I would have said you're damn crazy.

Why are you? Just curious.

The 4 mega stones I found earlier.

Alakazite - Reflection Cave. Go in Shalour side, Go down 2 floors, then into the room you can only see with a mirror. Go straight through the next room and it's on the left at the big glowing spot.

Scizorite - Behind the Abomasnow in Frost Cavern.

Garchompite - In about the middle of Victory Road outside. A wall that's kind of hard to see can be broken with Rock Smash and it's just behind it. You can actually see it before you break the wall.

Kangaskhanite - In Glittering Cave at the first detour you can make.

Also got 3 fossils from rocks at the end of Glittering Cave.

PBalfredo

I forgot that Abra were such a pain to catch. How do you get them before they teleport? Try chucking Ultra Balls as soon as you see them? Or just hope they don't teleport right away?

Man, I realize Nintendo/GF don't utilize any kind of tier system (it's a fan based thing), but allowing Legendaries online is kind of annoying. One of my biggest gripes in PBR was all the legendaries people took online that are normally banned in Smogon-based standard play. X/Y is the same deal.

I just beat a guy who used Yveital (or whatever it's called), Mega Mewtwo Y, and Zygarde. Really? Try harder?

miniMacGuru

Neo Member
I forgot that Abra were such a pain to catch. How do you get them before they teleport? Try chucking Ultra Balls as soon as you see them? Or just hope they don't teleport right away?

I got mine by opening with Sleep Powder (Butterfree, but you could use any pokemon with a sleep spell), followed by an ultra ball.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Man, I realize Nintendo/GF don't utilize any kind of tier system (it's a fan based thing), but allowing Legendaries online is kind of annoying. One of my biggest gripes in PBR was all the legendaries people took online that are normally banned in Smogon-based standard play. X/Y is the same deal.

I just beat a guy who used Yveital (or whatever it's called), Mega Mewtwo Y, and Zygarde. Really? Try harder?
Do you feel like a badass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom