• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
X/Y's pretty middle-of-the-road as far as music goes. Gen rankings (counting all games in a gen) right now:

III = V > IV = VI (still waiting for third version, remakes) > II = I

Gsnap

Personally, I'm loving the music in this game. It sound more full without being overly complex. I enjoy complex music when it's appropriate, but in games like this I prefer the more adventurous and fantasy-like tracks that I'm hearing in X/Y.

And I really dig the weird music that plays between routes.

Teknoman

Personally, I'm loving the music in this game. It sound more full without being overly complex. I enjoy complex music when it's appropriate, but in games like this I prefer the more adventurous and fantasy-like tracks that I'm hearing in X/Y.

And I really dig the weird music that plays between routes.

Yup same here.All the guitars make the battle themes sound like something from the early anime as well.

JackHerer

I'm actually trying to breed for stats/natures/etc for the first time ever. The online functionality in this game seems much improved from past games so I feel more inclined to delve into competitive wifi battles. Does get tedious though. Spent the past couple hours hatching Gastly eggs for timid nature and IVs.

I can't seem to get a good method to determining IV's. I just go to the Judge and base it off that. Is there a more exact way of doing it? The IV calculators i've seen online seem very inexact and not much better.

Been slowly working on getting each pokemon. Tried to get every pokemon in White before giving up at a little over 500. Plan on trying it again once transfers open up.

Moonlight

Banned
So, to anyone raising their own Tyrunts, for the level that this guy is at (level 41), is this good? Bad? Average? I know some people were comparing stats a while ago, but I really can't say that I wanna dive back in search of some sort of reference.
ey0YwoU.jpg

Shahadan

Been slowly working on getting each pokemon. Tried to get every pokemon in White before giving up at a little over 500. Plan on trying it again once transfers open up.

I kinda gave up once I realized they didn't reward you anymore and that you'll be forever doomed to do it again unless you caught one separate specimen of each stage of every evolution chain

Wow at the move relearner. Some boss fucking shit right there. Why did the game have me thinking I'd be getting nothing but ass attacks?

brb farming heart scales

Wow at the move relearner. Some boss fucking shit right there. Why did the game have me thinking I'd be getting nothing but ass attacks?

brb farming heart scales

Sync your game whenever the game lets you. You can buy them using your Poke Miles from the Global Link site. I got 75 of them earlier.

Unicorn

So, why do Japanese ditto requests want ditto trades, but the dittos they want are 21-30, lower than wild ditto?

I can't think of any rhyme or reason aside from trolling, or to make us Americans breed 2 ditto to then level to that threshold (making us work).

I kinda gave up once I realized they didn't reward you anymore and that you'll be forever doomed to do it again unless you caught one separate specimen of each stage of every evolution chain

The rewards were actually quite good for B2/W2. Completing the Unova Dex got you a shiny Haxorus and completing the National Dex gave you the Shiny Charm, which significantly increased your chances of getting a shiny.

Regiruler

The rewards were actually quite good for B2/W2. Completing the Unova Dex got your a shiny Haxorus and completing the National Dex gave you the Shiny Charm, which significantly increased your chances of getting a shiny.

Like, what?
I know I'm not the biggest expert on B2/W2 but, what?
I was using Eevee with Covet. It takes the scale and one shots the Luvdisc... So awesome. :)

I thought covet sharply decreased Sp Atk if of the opposite gender?

Shahadan

The rewards were actually quite good for B2/W2. Completing the Unova Dex got you a shiny Haxorus and completing the National Dex gave you the Shiny Charm, which significantly increased your chances of getting a shiny.

Boring :(
I want to unlock fanservice fights or a new zone or something, not boring shinies.

That's just me, don't kill me.

TWILT

Banned
So, to anyone raising their own Tyrunts, for the level that this guy is at (level 41), is this good? Bad? Average? I know some people were comparing stats a while ago, but I really can't say that I wanna dive back in search of some sort of reference.

That's pretty good. Mine was roughly the same when I was training it (mine was Adamant too).

So, why do Japanese ditto requests want ditto trades, but the dittos they want are 21-30, lower than wild ditto?

I can't think of any rhyme or reason aside from trolling, or to make us Americans breed 2 ditto to then level to that threshold (making us work).

They want those because they're from the Friend Safari and have two 31 IVs or Imposter. You can't breed Ditto.

Regiruler

I'm noticing that in general Aurorus has a really good special movepool. Too bad a good portion of said movepool's coverage is already taken care of with Freeze Dry.

Anyway, they understood it's typing was horrendous so they gave it some toys to compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom