• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Thanks Doggie! I thought that was going to take so much longer. Now I just need a dope ass fairy move.

iirc egg hatched Eevee has Charm already, and wild Eevee in the route between Cyllage and Geosenge have Baby Doll Eyes.

DMG-01

Is the E4 the best way to grind a single 'mon up to, say, 50? It's such a long ordeal fighting the E4 again that I'd rather avoid it if possible.

Anura

IceDoesntHelp's third safari pokemon is Sligoo for those who might care

Edit: whoever has the name treeter has Larvestas

QP3

So the Passerby's are people you pass on the street too? Neat!

Was playing on the bus with no internet but street pass going. A passerby popped up for a few blocks, must have been on the bus. His location was where I am too. So cool.

hitmon

Are the changing rooms broken? I tried to try on some items and I didn't notice anything change. It just shows what I was originally wearing.

Kyuur

Man, I realize Nintendo/GF don't utilize any kind of tier system (it's a fan based thing), but allowing Legendaries online is kind of annoying. One of my biggest gripes in PBR was all the legendaries people took online that are normally banned in Smogon-based standard play. X/Y is the same deal.

I just beat a guy who used Yveital (or whatever it's called), Mega Mewtwo Y, and Zygarde. Really? Try harder?

Ranked special has legendaries banned I believe.

Saprol

Sushi High Roller burns a hole in my virtual wallet. 500k to start and theres no way the amount of rewards they give at the end can cover me. I just want style points. :(

Is the E4 the best way to grind a single 'mon up to, say, 50? It's such a long ordeal fighting the E4 again that I'd rather avoid it if possible.

Lumiose restaurant rotation battles? 3-star battles feature Lv.63's and cost 100,000 to start a series but usually the prize money and mushrooms you can sell should cover most if not all the entry fee. Can sit your useless level 1 in the rotation with a Lucky Egg + maxed Amie affection for 200% EXP. Doesn't even have to fight as long as your other two can carry.

Moonlight

Banned
Are the changing rooms broken? I tried to try on some items and I didn't notice anything change. It just shows what I was originally wearing.
They aren't. Make sure you deselect your outfit/your dress/whatever in the relevant slot, the changes will show up once you do. I was confused by this, too.

blamite

So the Passerby's are people you pass on the street too? Neat!

Was playing on the bus with no internet but street pass going. A passerby popped up for a few blocks, must have been on the bus. His location was where I am too. So cool.
Yeah, this is a pretty cool feature. I had someone pop up on the train heading to class this morning, We traded O-Powers and "Nice!"s. He asked me to battle too, but the wireless connection freaked out or something and it didn't work.

Jintor

Contemplating just fielding a team full of Wobuffets for random battles

Any other dumb things I can do for my backup team? Gimmicky shit that might actually work, I mean.

My other choice is to fill my battle box with level 1 femmekins

So, um.

I just got this a couple of days ago. Yay, me.

I found a Fennekin I want on the GTS, but it says it won't let me trade the mon that he wants for it.

Any idea why?

Jurrrrboy is in need of a Larvesta, anyone have one they can give me?

I've got a few eggs if you want one. Just PM me your info.

I just evolved my Sliggoo into a Goodra and am a bit disappointed in its typing was under the impression in finished as Dragon/Fairy. Oh well, I didn't really like the way it looked anyways.

Jintor

I seriously cannot stop Wonder Trading, I've gotten some really nice Pokemon out of it!

My nitwit friends are flooding the service with weedles. I've taken to releasing any of the clutter pokemon i get.

They really should karma the system somehow.

Ibuki

Banned
My nitwit friends are flooding the service with weedles. I've taken to releasing any of the clutter pokemon i get.

I have been mass trading Chespins and keeping the garbage, probably not doing much though. :p

Blizzard

Banned
My copies finally arrived from Amazon. I tried to research the differences for a while, and finally decided I like the idea of the bird thing better than the antler thing, so I plan to start Y whenever I get around to it. :D

QP3

My copies finally arrived from Amazon. I tried to research the differences for a while, and finally decided I like the idea of the bird thing better than the antler thing, so I plan to start Y whenever I get around to it. :D
Lol. Enjoy! Is this your first one?

Sponge

Banned

I was hatching Phantump in hopes for a Shiny two days ago. Once I got the Shiny I started trading the Phantumps on Wonder Trade.

Since then I've gotten a ton of Weedle, but my best haul has been Haunter/Graveler that evolved straight after the trade, Chespin with Pokerus and Zoroark.

Ultimadrago

Contemplating just fielding a team full of Wobuffets for random battles

If you're actually contemplating this, I have a ton of Bold Wynauts to give from breeding.

I seriously cannot stop Wonder Trading, I've gotten some really nice Pokemon out of it!

I've yet to get anything too awesome out of it. Best things thus far are probably a Tyrantrum and a Japanese Ditto. The rest were Pan monkeys, Flabebes and Bidoofs!

Jintor

I got a froakie, a ralts, and a bunch of other cool japanese stuff through wonder trade. it's great. And a bunch of goddamn bidoofs and pidgeys and shit.

Dude...what in the fuck is this bullshit? Can't replace HM moves when my Pokemon learns a new one? Excuse me?

So I basically have to bank two of my Pokemon from just before the 2nd Gym until sometime after the 6th (from what I read online) before I'm able to delete this shit using a move deleter just because I expected to be able to just quickly teach rock smash and cut to some of my pokemon temporarily?

Yeah, fuck that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dude...what in the fuck is this bullshit? Can't replace HM moves when my Pokemon learns a new one? Excuse me?

So I basically have to bank two of my Pokemon from just before the 2nd Gym until sometime after the 6th (from what I read online) before I'm able to delete this shit using a move deleter just because I expected to be able to just quickly teach rock smash and cut to some of my pokemon temporarily?

Yeah, fuck that.

That's why you use a HM slave like hawlucha. he can learn all but surf and surf is an actually good move that you should teach to your water pokemon.

Yeah, fuck that.

Rock Smash Ain't a HM.

But they do somehow have to control the HMoverflow though

Ibuki

Banned

Yeah, fuck that.

HM is different than TM, this is how it has always been. :(

Blizzard

Banned
Lol. Enjoy! Is this your first one?
Yes, besides messing around during the red/blue/yellow/gold/silver/platinum/diamond/pearl/black/white/black2/white2 timeframes. :p (though I never actually even played black2 or white2, I still like collecting them for old time's sake and in case I ever get around to them)

I need to remember not to save outside in Lumiose. That's the main thing I'm hearing about XY.

I also made possibly the first ever online pokemon battle simulator during the RBY days, the PBS...a horrible construction cobbled out of HTML/CGI. Times have changed, but text speed ingame is probably still slow. </deepthoughts>

Yeah, fuck that.
This is weird, I thought the recent versions let you overwrite HM moves. Pokemon had always had HM moves be something you couldn't delete without a move eraser though, right? Kind of a silly decision since you ended up with HM slave Crabby or something. *edit* Oh maybe it's about not getting stuck...but yes, if you're guaranteed to always have the HM in your inventory that should be impossible.

HM is different than TM, this is how it has always been. :(

Always thought I was able to overwrite it when learning a new move through leveling. It's not like the HM isn't forced to stay in your Inventory. It's literally impossible to get stuck due to that, no reason we shouldn't be able to overwrite them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom