• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide between Froakie and Chespin. Leaning towards Froakie.

Utility wise, I think Fennekin is the best starter. If it wasn't for the fact that I was dead set on picking Charmander I would have gone with it. Between Chespin and Froakie I'd say is a toss up. Flip a coin

Jintor

This aegislash ain't doing it for me in online battles. Heck, even offline, kinda taking massive damage for someone with 200+ defence stats

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This aegislash ain't doing it for me in online battles. Heck, even offline, kinda taking massive damage for someone with 200+ defence stats

His attack and defense stats flip when you switch modes.

Using aegislash is all about predicting and switching between modes.

Damn, I need to go to reddit a lot more. I just read that with Upgraded O-Powers, Quick Balls are literally Master Balls.
Ack, I just finished getting prize money to level 3 (took ages*) and started on befriend and bargain. Looks like catch will be added to the list.

*-Getting 36k from the boss of the Power Plant w/amulet coin was nice.

CassSept

Ok that was creepy.

I'm exploring Lumiose, which is kind of overwhelming if I want to get the entire place down. I walked into a random building in Northern Avenue, took an elevator to the second floor and suddenly the music stopped, a Hex Maniac appeared behind me, said "No, you're not the one", walked away and disappeared. Wut

after clearing elite 4 and champ, there isnt much to do, feel like I am done with this game.

I thought there was going to be some kind of post game with more trainers to fight but there's nothing, a safari and a challenge mode is all I see. Pretty disappointed.

Andrax

Banned
Sooo... (minor shop related spoiler question)
Why does the stone shop only sell leaf, water and fire stones? Where am I supposed to get moonstones etc from?

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe the Team Flare members right next to the arena have a clue for you?

Cafe Florelis (or whatever it's called in English) in Luminous City (i.e. Paris), near La Place Rouge if I recall correctly. Their own red cafe.

Thank you. You're the first person to even answer a question of mine.

:/

Jintor

His attack and defense stats flip when you switch modes.

Using aegislash is all about predicting and switching between modes.

Even in shield mode taking considerable damage.

Ok that was creepy.

I'm exploring Lumiose, which is kind of overwhelming if I want to get the entire place down. I walked into a random building in Northern Avenue, took an elevator to the second floor and suddenly the music stopped, a Hex Maniac appeared behind me, said "No, you're not the one", walked away and disappeared. Wut

No-one's figured out what that means yet

Artemisia

Banned

It's because he has mediocre HP (60 base). Having high defense is great and all, but you're going to need HP to actually take the hits.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Even in shield mode taking considerable damage.

No-one's figured out what that means yet

Hmm, really?

I find that mine can tank hits that are even super effective against it, especially if I can predict correctly with king's shield and lower their attack. Enough for me to get in a couple sword dances and effectively sweep the whole team. :p

Dat acrobatics. lol totally screwed thinking Alakazam would attack before Volcarona.

Speedy nature with maxed out speed EVs.

Gvaz

Banned
Man you guys, you're beating the elite 4 within a day and I'm not even to the fourth gym almost a week later.

I don't have much time a day since i work and school and generally go to bed as soon as i get home

LegoArmo

Man you guys, you're beating the elite 4 within a day and I'm not even to the fourth gym almost a week later.

I don't have much time a day since i work and school and generally go to bed as soon as i get home

I've played 20 hours and I'm just outside the 4th gym now.

KAL2006

Banned
I haven't been keeping up with this fame, but how do you transfer Pokemon from Black and White to this game.

Edit: ignore this quick Google search did the job

So... I've never played past R/B/Yellow. I'm curious how do we get the legendaries from previous gens in this game? I want Reshiram and Zekrom - they look damn cool.

I haven't been keeping up with this fame, but how do you transfer Pokemon from Black and White to this game.
Gotta wait for a $5 app called Pokemon Bank that's coming out in December. It gives you cloud storage for 3,000 Pokemon and the ability to transfer from B/W/B2/W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom