• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are male Haunters non-existent or something? I cannot find one for the life of me.

All the haunters ive met have been male. I even captured one. Funny that people have complained about female ones.
I only want a female because I want to train a Gengar who was one of my favourites from Blue along with Rhydon.

Anyone underwhelmed with the music with this game? I have always found most of the music enjoyable but not here. Team Flare is a classic but otherwise its rather boring to me.

Anyone who wants me in Friend Safari and general play add my FC from my avatar and send me a PM ;) Will also randomly hand out stuff I breed as and when.

Jintor

storafötter;86367031 said:
All the haunters ive met have been male. I even captured one. Funny that people have complained about female ones.
I only want a female because I want to train a Gengar who was one of my favourites from Blue along with Rhydon.

Anyone underwhelmed with the music with this game? I have always found most of the music enjoyable but not here. Team Flare is a classic but otherwise its rather boring to me.

It doesn't stand out as cohesive to me.

But the battle themes are real good. The Pokemon Trainer battle themes and the Gym leader battle themes in particular. Christ.

My whole team just got swept by a Gaffer's Volcorona. One Quiver Dance and a couple Fiery Dances was enough for it to outspeed my Timid Mega Gengar with max Speed EV's and OHKO it. :(

Cheating!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My whole team just got swept by a Gaffer's Volcorona. One Quiver Dance and a couple Fiery Dances was enough for it to outspeed my Timid Mega Gengar with Max Speed EV's and OHKO it. :(

Cheating!

To be fair, it was a critical. :p

Also maxing out its speed was worth it. With a speedy nature.

It doesn't stand out as cohesive to me.

But the battle themes are real good. The Pokemon Trainer battle themes and the Gym leader battle themes in particular. Christ.

Well I am not so happy about the main battle theme (in comparison to all of the other games) but I like all the others for sure. There are some nice themes like the haunted one is nice and chilling.

My whole team just got swept by a Gaffer's Volcorona. One Quiver Dance and a couple Fiery Dances was enough for it to outspeed my Timid Mega Gengar with max Speed EV's and OHKO it. :(

Cheating!

What I have learned by battling someone with Dragon Dance is to never allow them to continue to boost that shit. I was once wiped out by Gyarados due to that.
That reminds me I was supposed to make a Volcorona team on Black but I never got that far due to the obsession with IVs.

What's friend safari? And is it hard to get japanese Dittos (or are any foreign Dittos supposed to have high amounts of IVs?)
Friend safari is something you'll stumble upon later in the game. Imagine if the safari zone had only 3 Pokmon (2 if the friend has not beaten the elite 4) and you use your Pokemon to battle instead. The 3 you fight are based on their friend code and they will be 3 of the same type. They can also come with hidden abilities (hear conflicts about conditions) like Drought Ninetales and Solar Power Charmeleon (so it is a replacement for the Dream world in that respect).

It is Friend Safari ones that have IIRC two stats with max IVs. Someone with friend safari should check out the level. Then search on GTS for around that level if you want a foreign one.

Friend safari is something you'll stumble upon later in the game. Imagine if the safari zone had only 3 Pokmon (2 if the friend has not beaten the elite 4) and you use your Pokemon to battle instead. The 3 you fight are based on their friend code and they will be 3 of the same type. They can also come with hidden abilities (hear conflicts about conditions) like Drought Ninetales and Solar Power Charmeleon (so it is a replacement for the Dream world in that respect).

It is Friend Safari ones that have IIRC two stats with max IVs. Someone with friend safari should check out the level. Then search on GTS for around that level if you want a foreign one.

Thats pretty cool. I hope to find a Thick Fat Poliswine and that OP secret ability for the Grass starter last gen.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah, so it was you. :p Where did you find a Volcorona? Friend Safari? One of my favourite Pokemon.

Yep, but it was from a trade with another gaffer.

Love him too, but not because he's crazy powerful. Nope.

Probably my favourite bug design in the series. Also my favourite fire type.

Isn't your friend safari type supposed to be the same for everyone that adds you? People on the gaf list said I was Ice, but my friend is saying I'm Ghost... Also one of the people I added from gaf said theirs was Fire but they showed up as Dragon for me.

NSYLXm5.png

Usually have Pikachu on my team, but sadly I benched him at around Lv.34. Pidgeot was a star for me, so to was Lucario (who just one shot almost everything on the final gym). Didn't think I'd even have Pidgeot, Lucario, Greninja still with me at the league but I did. They served me well!

Now where do I find this coupon for the Lumiose boutique? Or is that just a rumour?

Through my Sprizee / Swirlix w/hold items evolve trades I finally got Pokerus (I've got 2 Aromatisse and Slurpuff now, I just noticed hovering on the party one of them has it)...does this thing still infect boxes or do I have to infect parties. Also does it work with super training?

This reminds me of my D/P days where I always saved in Pokecentres and despoited my entire party away (I got infected really early on).

Robin64

Isn't your friend safari type supposed to be the same for everyone that adds you? People on the gaf list said I was Ice, but my friend is saying I'm Ghost... Also one of the people I added from gaf said theirs was Fire but they showed up as Dragon for me.

Uh oh.. Don't say this. Can anyone confirm? We've assumed all along that the type is generated by FC, so won't change between players.

Uh oh.. Don't say this. Can anyone confirm? We've assumed all along that the type is generated by FC, so won't change between players.

Turns out my friend is drunk or something they were looking at someone else... But I am certain that either the list is off or some gaffer's type is different for me.

Robin64

tofupants, are you sure your Friend Safari has Raichu, Delphox and Ivysaur? That would make your type.. uh.. Electricfiregrass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom