• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So... I've never played past R/B/Yellow. I'm curious how do we get the legendaries from previous gens in this game? I want Reshiram and Zekrom - they look damn cool.

Buy one of the gen 5 games and catch them in there and wait for Pokémon Bank and Pokémon Transfer to go up in December.

Gotta wait for a $5 app called Pokemon Bank that's coming out in December. It gives you cloud storage for 3,000 Pokemon and the ability to transfer from B/W/B2/W2.

It's free during December after that you have to pay £5 A YEAR which is nothing.

I've decided that since I'm reasonably lazy I'm gonna soft-reset for a good event Torchic since CBF breeding for a good one.

Not like I need egg moves anyway. I always preferred the offensive set over the Baton Pass set.

Robin64

There will probably be events to get past Legendaries, too. During Black/White, there were events to get the likes of Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, Deoxsys etc.

Regiruler

So what's the main plot for the X point of view? I understand how Team Flare does it in Y, but how would Xerneas fit into that situation?

Although
having lasers and knight armor 3000 years ago
bugs me in any case.

Forkball

Anyone else getting a ton of connection errors? I very slowly connect, and like 10 minutes later it disconnects. It's been doing this for about two days.

MicH

I need some friends for the friend safari and to battle and trade with. I hope some of you want to add me :)

My FC is 2836-0194-8979

Please let me know if you add me sonI can add you back :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what's the main plot for the X point of view? I understand how Team Flare does it in Y, but how would Xerneas fit into that situation?

Although
bugs me in any case.

They take power from xerneus to power the weapon.

Sadist

Does anyone have a overview of hordes?

I've seen so many, I can't keep track anymore. Also where the hell is Psyduck? Do I have to use the rod or look for him in the grass?

Metallix87

Although
bugs me in any case.
Xerneas can grant immortality, but only by draining life force from Polemon. Lysandre tries to use Xerneas to grant himself, Team Flare, and the player and his friends immortality by sacrificing all Pokemon on Pokearth. He believes a world without Pokemon would result in world peace.

Meteorain

Wow what the hell, why is Carbink so hard to capture. It wad thoroughly in the red for hp and it kept breaking out.

what a piece of shit. Still not caught one.

Leezard

Go into Lumiose once you've battled your rival in Kiloude City. You'll get a Holocaster Clip from Looker, and you have to go to his agency- it's in an alley just across from the Lumiose Museum, opposite the Sushi High Roller restaurant.

All right thanks.
Where is the rival in Kiloude city? I've been through it but I don't think I have seen her.

Does anyone have a overview of hordes?

I've seen so many, I can't keep track anymore. Also where the hell is Psyduck? Do I have to use the rod or look for him in the grass?
Hordes are battles vs. 5 Pokemon. They're kind of annoying. You need to knock 4 of them out to catch the last one. Sometimes they have neat gimmicks
4 Serviper, 1 Zangoose. The serviper will ignore you can gang up on the Zangoose instead

Grass. Pokedex shows a Majikarp and fishing bait icon when selected the correct route if it is fishing based.

JMizzlin

I'm on route 4 and a goddamn
MOLTRES
just appeared in front of me
then fled before I got a chance to do ANYTHING
. What the hell was that?!?

ramyeon

Xerneas can grant immortality, but only by draining life force from Polemon. Lysandre tries to use Xerneas to grant himself, Team Flare, and the player and his friends immortality by sacrificing all Pokemon on Pokearth. He believes a world without Pokemon would result in world peace.
I'm scratching my head as to why only the name of the person is spoiler tagged when the whole post needs to be.

clemenx

Banned
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought you could see the Pokemon GL within the game itself? I remember that shown off as a feature but I don't see it.

I want to see my medals ingame :(

vall03

To the random American that traded a Japanese Scatterbug for my Ditto, I thank thee! Can't believe I'm getting my second Vivillon this early. I was planning to mass breed them and trade my Polar designs for other designs, at least thats one down!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I must be stupid, have finished the main game and supposed to meet the professor, but I can't find him in the Capitol city.... Where is he?

And how an I supposed to access the new Safari Zone? Havent found a route or access yet :-(

spiritfox

I must be stupid, have finished the main game and supposed to meet the professor, but I can't find him in the Capitol city.... Where is he?

And how an I supposed to access the new Safari Zone? Havent found a route or access yet :-(

Train Station at the North Boulevard.

It's not that bad except for the GODDAMN FORCED CAMERA ANGLES

URGH

All those upskirts when roller skating...

I can't wait until Serebii gets updated for the new Pokemon's moves. Maybe then I could have less of a harder time deciding what Pokemon over another Pokemon.

Right now I'm deciding if I should go Mawile or Whimsicott.

Matchew

Can somebody help me with breeding? What early Pokemon can breed with Eevee? A Pokemon that can be caught leading up to the second gym.

Metallix87

I'm scratching my head as to why only the name of the person is spoiler tagged when the whole post needs to be.
Team Flare's general motives are made clear fairly early on. The identity of their leader is the "twist", if you can even call it that, so I tagged it. I've now tagged the whole post.

Jintor

I looked around the web and figured as much

......that makes it even creepier

The first time it happened I thought my game had fucking glitched out. The music stops and everything. And I'm pretty sure her character model is floating, because it doesn't use a walk animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom