• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to breed my competitive Ambipom for a while. I've filled up an entire box with Aipoms that share the following stats:

Nature: Jolly
Perfect IVs: Attack, Speed
Ability: Run Away (Technician upon evolving)
Egg Move: Beat Up

I'll probably do a giveaway pretty soon here, if anyone is interested.

LegoArmo

Been trying to breed my competitive Ambipom for a while. I've filled up an entire box with Aipoms that share the following stats:

I'd be interested :)

macklelol

I'd be interested in getting one.

StayDead

I'm breeding 2 modest eevees, but of the same region since I can't find anyone to trade with. 2 full boxes of Eevees and nothing so far. This is going to take forever :(

How should I EV train Greninja? He's a Naughty one so I was thinking go all physical with him. Should I still invest in Sp Attack though?

I'm pretty unimpressed with him right now. His move pool is ass cheeks

Clefargle

Any tips for breeding pawniard? I've tried many pokemon listed in the humanoid egg group with no success. My stuck up pawniard female prefers to play with others...what gives?

This game...

It seems significantly more difficult than Black/White2 were. My mons were usually at the same level or even a bit higher than the gym leaders by the time I got there. I almost just got rocked by a double battle of a black belt and a psychic. >_>

My highest is my Eevee at 28, but only because I've got her in every fight so I can get a Sylveon. Sylveon IS good, right? Fairy types seem like they're pretty solid.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This game...

It seems significantly more difficult than Black/White2 were. My mons were usually at the same level or even a bit higher than the gym leaders by the time I got there. I almost just got rocked by a double battle of a black belt and a psychic. >_>

My highest is my Eevee at 28, but only because I've got her in every fight so I can get a Sylveon. Sylveon IS good, right? Fairy types seem like they're pretty solid.

More difficult? I am one-shotting almost every pokemon since gym 2.. (Currently on my way to gym 8)

CassSept

Around the 3rd-4th Gym I started outleveling everybody and by the time I reached E4 I outleveled them by 15+ levels, it's actually probably the easiest entry in the main series :D with DP being the hardest (but how satisfying!)

More difficult? I am one-shotting almost every pokemon since gym 2.. (Currently on my way to gym 8)

I don't know. It might be that I have the worst team in history right now, but yeah. I'm actually having a bit of trouble with it, which is weird. Been playing these games since Blue, and I've rolled through them easily enough just picking the mons I like.

Hm.

Gym 4 showed the dumb AI off (man this game really needs a hard mode unlocked form the start with a smarter AI/some EVs used/improved movepool). So I had to use Fletchinder against its strongest monster. I got into a loop of using roost while they used take down (I was taking slightly more than I recovered). It then burned itself via Flame Body. I then remember I have Honedge so switch to that...it keeps trying to use take down. Well the only other attack it used did only did 4 damage and the last Pokemon might have been able to beat Honedge had it not got enough attack to OHKO it.

I'm pleased I'm using so many monsters as my levels are getting a bit crazy and the next area had very easy trainers (though slightly annoying with confuse) I felt. My Marrowak would appreciate some good moves soon though (Rock Tomb, Trash, Focus Energy, Bonemerang).

Finally got a Gengar, I put an everstone on my traded Haunter :>
So much for me thinking everstone trolling died on GTS. The good thing I can't get trolled by someone putting one up with everstone on.

As long as it does not reach paranoia levels of Haunter for Gengar (both parties end with Gengar).

Where do find TM 62 (Acrobatics) in Coumarine City exactly?
To elebaorate. It is one of the 4 possible TMs from the quiz. The quiz is updated daily. Trick Room, Embargo and *something* are the others.

ash_ag

This game...

Ah, the
Mr. Mime / Machoke double battle where the Black Belt cries once defeated
! Classic battle.

I think this has to do with the reworked Exp. Share. They are probably using higher levels because most likely use Exp. Share, hence raising levels faster. I too had to grind (not using Exp. Share) a bit, but I don't mind it, since I enjoy grinding certain times.

Does anyone here happen to have a fire type Friend Safari which has Braixen? I really need to get hold of a female one in a Premier Ball for breeding, but the 2 people with fire on my list just have Pansear and Charmeleon.

As much as I enjoyed playing through the game and am sure I'll continue to enjoy it, it was an absolute cakewalk of a game. The EXP Share is certainly part of it, as it allows you to keep a fairly balanced team without having to split EXP between them to the extent you would have to otherwise (which would generally push the average level down), but getting experience for captures is another big one too, especially with the larger variety of Pokemon available in the game and the amount of them stacked between the early Gyms, adding a whole ton of EXP gain to encounters that would typically be dry. I was a good 8 to 10 levels above pretty much everything the whole way through. Tore through the Elite 4 like they were the Hoenn League facing a Blaziken.

It's still a very good game, and there are ways you could impose more challenge on yourself if you really wanted to, but played as-is it's also a very easy one. Not that this matters too much of course, the real challenge in Pokemon has always been assembling your critters and battling other players.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently hidden power for my delphox is dragon. Anyone think I should keep it?

Also, for my gengar it is steel. Is there a stronger steel and dragon move I can teach to either one?

Hedge

I still find the Friend Safari concept a bit odd, in the way that they basically give away easy superior IV pokemon. I understand now why it's post-game. :p

Has anybody seen a Cryogonal in Y in the Frozen Cavern? Been at it for a while, but not much luck. Supposedly you can find them there, but now I'm not so sure.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As much as I enjoyed playing through the game and am sure I'll continue to enjoy it, it was an absolute cakewalk of a game. The EXP Share is certainly part of it, as it allows you to keep a fairly balanced team without having to split EXP between them to the extent you would have to otherwise (which would generally push the average level down), but getting experience for captures is another big one too, especially with the larger variety of Pokemon available in the game, and the amount of them stacked between the early Gyms, adding a whole ton of EXP gain to encounters that would typically be dry. I was a good 8 to 10 levels above pretty much everything the whole way through. Tore through the Elite 4 like they were the Hoenn League facing a Blaziken.

It's still a very good game, and there are ways you could impose more challenge on yourself if you really wanted to, but played as-is it's also a very easy one. Not that this matters too much of course, the real challenge in Pokemon has always been assembling your critters and battling other players.

I turned off EXP share and found it to be about just as difficult as the other games.

It's there for you to turn off if you don't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom