• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
Was gonna wait it out for Pokemon Z but that's not guaranteed I fell for the hype and just ordered a copy now with next day delivery. Very excited as I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond.

Metallix87

Was gonna wait it out for Pokemon Z but that's not guaranteed I fell for the hype and just ordered a copy now with next day delivery. Very excited as I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond.

You skipped Black & White? Wow, that's the best game in the series.

bjork

On wonder trade: I tried it to see what it was, because the bottom screen prompted me. I sent a bunny and got a pidgey, sent the pidgey and got a gulpin, sent the gulpin and got some bird I've never seen. Is this just to appease some kind of gambling aspect, or does the pokemon you offer have some bearing on what you get in return?

SaberVulcan

If anyone who has a Crawdaunt, or Galvantula in their friend safari, please add me @5129-0658-4329 :).

Plan to breed the crap out of Adaptability Crawdaunts for my team... and Galvantula just because hes cool.

Thanks.

Jintor

On wonder trade: I tried it to see what it was, because the bottom screen prompted me. I sent a bunny and got a pidgey, sent the pidgey and got a gulpin, sent the gulpin and got some bird I've never seen. Is this just to appease some kind of gambling aspect, or does the pokemon you offer have some bearing on what you get in return?

Pokemon slot machines baby

Gaz_RB

It's completely random. I sent a Pidgey and recieved a Yveltal. Hadn't even beaten the second gym at that point...

Really weird system.

wow was the 4th gym kinda half assed lol. Pacing of the game is quite odd... and not a fan of how underwhelming gym battles are. you'd think they would balance it out somehow with... more pokemon? Higher level ones? my mega blaziken eats all yall alive.

Anyone play around with the new Pokemon-gl.com? It seems pretty neat and I like that the medals exist in SOME form, though I would much prefer to access them in-game. There's a decent amount of potential here.

You can think of it a a gamble, but really what it does is set you up with a random person as a trading partner. It's a way to trade pokes for people who don't want to find people they know to trade with.

Personally, I love catching higher level pokes, wonder trading them, and getting weak ones back.

Hmm. Seems the way to get a Shedinja has changed...
I did a search around elsewhere. Are you sure you had at least 1 Pokeball in the inventory as well as the free party slot. Not ultra ball or anything fancy like that. A standard Pokeball. In Gen IV and V it used one up.

Then again that might be people regurgitating dated info too...

Ourobolus

Banned
Just ran around HeartGold catching as much as possible. Got my Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos, Entei/Suicine/Raikou, and my Ho-oh. Now to get level endlessly so I can take on Red and get my starter Kanto pokemon, Kyogre, and Mewtwo.

I really wish my FiOS router didn't default to WPA2...makes it impossible to trade since the Nintendo WFC doesn't seem to want to work on Win7.

Elros

I'm only 7 hours in the game, currently having my 6 Pokémon roster around lvl 22, and all other at 12 max, and I feel like a jerk when I use Wonder Trade with some lvl 5. Until now, I only did two Wonder Trades, and I'm kind of afraid of doing more !

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
any clues on how to activate the looker detective agency?

im post game.. and what i've read simply says go to lumiose city and receive a hologram... telling you to meet the guy at rouge plaza.. but ive received no holo gram.. nor is he in rogue plaza :(

teeny

I did a search around elsewhere. Are you sure you had at least 1 Pokeball in the inventory as well as the free party slot. Not ultra ball or anything fancy like that. A standard Pokeball. In Gen IV and V it used one up.

Then again that might be people regurgitating dated info too...

Yeah, someone mentioned that it needs to be a standard ball, which I didn't have at the time. Gonna get one and try again some point tonight.

Also, beat the E4 at lunch, it was grand! Going to go through and add everyone that has PMd me and is on the spreadsheet for some serious Friend Safaring.

Sadist

Haha, Gamefreak makes it pretty clear they're working on Ruby and Saphire remakes in game. So many Hoenn namedrops... my favourite is the NPC that tells me I should visit Hoenn because, eh I'll see for myself soon enough. Haha. Guess a late 2014 announcement sounds plausible.

wow was the 4th gym kinda half assed lol. Pacing of the game is quite odd... and not a fan of how underwhelming gym battles are. you'd think they would balance it out somehow with... more pokemon? Higher level ones? my mega blaziken eats all yall alive.

I limit myself to 3 three Pokemon for each gym battle. If this game had a challenge mode like BW2, that wouldn't be necessary, but oh well.

Haha, Gamefreak makes it pretty clear they're working on Ruby and Saphire remakes in game. So many Hoenn namedrops... my favourite is the NPC that tells me I should visit Hoenn because, eh I'll see for myself soon enough. Haha. Guess a late 2014 announcement sounds plausible.

The only way they could make it any more blatant at this point is by having Flannery jump out of nowhere and give you a lapdance.

Fireblend

Banned

Yeah it's kinda disappointing that they have only 2 pokemon each. Should have at least 4 =/

Having said that, however, I think my Pokemon are somewhat underleveled. They're all level 26, and I'm finding that's the level other trainers' pokemon are at (I'm right about to enter Reflection Cave). I just fought against a Machoke - Mr. Mime double battle that were like 28 and 26 and they killed like half my team =/

Also, 25 hours in.

SaberVulcan

Yeah it's kinda disappointing that they have only 2 pokemon each. Should have at least 4 =/

Yeah... that doesnt change.

Your rival FINALLY gets 5 Pokes before the Elite Four, and all of the Elite Four members have 4 Pokes. The Champion is the first 6 Poke NPC I have fought.
Kind of silly to be honest... makes me wish this game had a Challange mode like BW2. Hoping there is fairly challenging post-game stuff to entertain me.

Anura

Yeah... that doesnt change.

Your rival FINALLY gets 5 Pokes before the Elite Four, and all of the Elite Four members have 4 Pokes. The Champion is the first 6 Poke NPC I have fought.
Kind of silly to be honest... makes me wish this game had a Challange mode like BW2. Hoping there is fairly challenging post-game stuff to entertain me.

Z/2 needs to have a challenge mode...

SaberVulcan

Z/2 needs to have a challenge mode...

Quite honestly, BW2 Challange mode was a blast. I never had to grind and it wasnt a stomp (especially when you don't use your starter). I actually waited to play through it until I could get someone on reddit to send me the challange mode, didnt even touch the normal.

Here's hoping!

spiritfox

cFM5sdY.jpg

Cried manly tears at the ending.

Caught a Shiny Zubat yesterday. My first shiny in a Pokemon game outside of the one's you could DL from B/W2.

So, not knowing the colors of all Pokemon I guess the 'stars' happened during the beginning of the fight and when I look at the summary he has a little red star. Is that what indicates they are shiny other than the color difference? I just happened to catch a Zubat before so it's the only reason I really knew it was a different color, otherwise probably wouldn't have noticed.

Caught a male and female Eevee, so starting to breed those ... not really sure what to do with them though. In all the other games I usually just found a few I liked and ignored the breeding, berries, stones, etc ... part of the game ... but this is really well presented so I'm getting into it more than ever.

bjork

I know it's not out yet, but I'm curious about the pokemon online storage: could you play through once, store all your guys, then start up a new game and get the starters and one-offs again to complete your dex without trading at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom