• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Oh man, I just found the (route 18 spoilers)
inverse battle guy. It was awesome killing a Bisharp with a super effective solar beam.

SaberVulcan

Edit: I'm dumb.

Boring team, but yay. Aerodactyl did most of the work.

lqz5tnb.png

CassSept

I know RNG hates me, but some of these defeats in ranking battles are too much. Losing because a Pokemon flinched in the final round, stupid crit that destroys my tactic or enemy landing OHKO move (how...), just, Jesus.

Fireblend

Banned
There's no way to play a random (ranked or otherwise) online battle with Pokemon under level 50, right? There's no auto-leveling feature like there is for friend/acquaintances/passerby battles?

Tunavi

Banned
There's no way to play a random (ranked or otherwise) online battle with Pokemon under level 50, right? There's no auto-leveling feature like there is for friend/acquaintances/passerby battles?
some guy challenged my team of level 20's with his level 70 mewtwo. I lost.

edit: oh i know nothing of ranked

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oh man, I just found the (route 18 spoilers)
inverse battle guy. It was awesome killing a Bisharp with a super effective solar beam.

Mine used a Kecleon against me, which was probably one of the dumbest choices ever.

vall03

I feel like a bad guy getting this Japanese Modest Froakie with the Protean ability from Wonder Trade for a Flabebe.

After I beat the Elite Four, I swear I'm going to spread Polar Pattern Vivillons.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, Gamefreak makes it pretty clear they're working on Ruby and Saphire remakes in game. So many Hoenn namedrops... my favourite is the NPC that tells me I should visit Hoenn because, eh I'll see for myself soon enough. Haha. Guess a late 2014 announcement sounds plausible.
I'd totally buy one of those. Never finished Emerald, and I'd like to experience it with X & Y's mechanics.

Oh, yeah that's right - I remember those slot machines from R/B. I don't remember what you could win from it, though...
Points for your wallet, which you could then trade for TMs or some mons (Dratini and Porygon are the only ones I remember).

Korosenai

How long does it take for Poke miles to update on the global link? I game synced about 15 minutes ago and it still says I have 0 poke miles.

Shengar

I feel like a bad guy getting this Japanese Modest Froakie with the Protean ability from Wonder Trade for a Flabebe.

After I beat the Elite Four, I swear I'm going to spread Polar Pattern Vivillons.

Same, I don't want to feel like a bad guy by receiving something good for a Flabebe in a Wonder Trade :(
I want to spread good Pokes so that I can trade without feeling guilty.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I generally give out good stuff on Wonder Trade until someone stiffs me with the bunny or one of the monkeys. Getting one of those often starts a long chain of trading until I get something good again.

BraXzy

Either use the d-pad or make your character hold an item that slows you down if you really want to use the circle pad (like the fishing rod or the dowsing rods).

Is it bad that I only worked this out yesterday? It was driving me mad having to skate everywhere, then I realise I can walk or run with D-Pad -.-

Ozone

The fact that Alakazam can learn
Fairy-type moves
makes dealing with
Dark types no longer a huge pain in the ass.

yeah, for the most part i can't tell if the random trainers around give me more of a challenge than the gym leaders/rival.

big contract to bw2 where everybody seems to have super effective moves to their weak types.

Actually had to use potions in that!

Forkball

Oh wow, if your friend or even acquaintance has a birthday, you get an alert and the "Nice" button changes to "Congrats" with a cake.

I really miss the Gym Leaders have a constant prescence in the plot like in Generation V. Olympia literally says two lines to you and then immediately initiates the battle, and only has a couple more lines after.

I also like how every Leader in Gen V had apparent non-League professions that added to the depth of the world and gave context to their themes (i.e. it made sense that a mining magnate like Clay would be into Ground-types). For Leaders like Valerie, I don't even know what their deal is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom