• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Legendary pkm, caught on first try. Wha..

Unicorn

So after a couple of hours looking for super Pumpkaboo while breeding what I had thought were just large ones, I come to find out that the difference between average and large is so miniscule i didn't notice at first, so I ended up having about 15 super Pumpkaboo. Most went to wonder trade. I have no idea how to EV Gourgeist. I wish there was a hold item to give a pokemon the stats of its evolved form. That way you get the cute appearance of pre evo and the viable stats, at the cost of a hold item. Pumpkaboo is perfect looking. Gourgeist, not as endearing.

Aggrotek

So after a couple of hours looking for super Pumpkaboo while breeding what I had thought were just large ones, I come to find out that the difference between average and large is so miniscule i didn't notice at first, so I ended up having about 15 super Pumpkaboo. Most went to wonder trade. I have no idea how to EV Gourgeist. I wish there was a hold item to give a pokemon the stats of its evolved form. That way you get the cute appearance of pre evo and the viable stats, at the cost of a hold item. Pumpkaboo is perfect looking. Gourgeist, not as endearing.

Could I get a super sized one? :D I have a ton of Timid Gastly if youd like one. (With Disable)

Berordn

I really miss the Gym Leaders have a constant prescence in the plot like in Generation V. Olympia literally says two lines to you and then immediately initiates the battle, and only has a couple more lines after.

I also like how every Leader in Gen V had apparent non-League professions that added to the depth of the world and gave context to their themes (i.e. it made sense that a mining magnate like Clay would be into Ground-types). For Leaders like Valerie, I don't even know what their deal is.

Yeah, Kalos is a pretty impressive region, but it's so... dead. There's no activity, no world building. Unova may have been pretty bland and boring but it actually had characters.

Tan

Ughhhhh Lumiose is the worst. I've been running around in circles looking for the pokemon center.

edit: oh there's a map a few post up, neat

I wish you had more space for punching bags. I have six Reset Bags that I will never throw away since they're so rare, but I want more to be able to have more than 12 damnit :(

Unicorn

I wish you had more space for punching bags. I have six Reset Bags that I will never throw away since they're so rare, but I want more to be able to have more than 12 damnit :(
Can't store in PC? Would actually make me use the PC item storing lol (or did they finally remove the useless feature?)

mah team :D
Oy5eRhZ.png

If it weren't for Scizor I would have lost against the Champion.

Korosenai

Route 13 is confusing the hell out of me. Do all of these above ground doors lead to the same power plant, but just different entrances? Or are they all different?

Tan

So is there any way to keep my pokemon "energetic"? Every time I feel like doing some super training they're all sleeping.

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone have any spare Tyrunts at all? I just picked the sail fossil so I should have Amarua soon and I'll probably be breeding a few looking for a good nature. Nature and gender doesn't really matter.

CassSept

About the couple commenting on Ruby and Sapphire anniversaries, they also say that they went on a first date to Oceanic Museum. Which is, well, guess where.

Worst region is coming back!

My first Elite 4 team:
RuTybvk.png

Only really used Gengar and Blaziken since I just wanted to get that part over with quickly. Gogoat was my HM slave and I forgot to remove him

jmoe316

Any idea when the GTS will be operational? I only have one 3DS and a copy of X and Y and would like to get all the starters into Y. I have been able to offer up a pokemon in Y but when I search for the trade and try to finalize it, I get a communication error. Been doing this for the last day. Tried during different times thinking it was just a peak time but still have issues.

EDIT: I am able to play other 3DS games fine (Animal Crossing). I have also tried 2 different routers as well as using my cell phone as a hotspot and still no luck.

bjork

My first Elite 4 team:
RuTybvk.png

Only really used Gengar and Blaziken since I just wanted to get that part over with quickly. Gogoat was my HM slave and I forgot to remove him

That luchadore-looking bird is the one I got in a Wonder Trade, I guess I'm not far enough in the game to catch it myself yet, so that's neat.

As for speculation about R/S remakes, if they give me this game's visual look with the battle speed of R/S, oh man.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I have the worst best luck.

NURgTCU.jpg

so, is the shiny encounter rate increased in XY? This is my second shiny in three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom