• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the worst best luck.

NURgTCU.jpg

so, is the shiny encounter rate increased in XY? This is my second shiny in three days.

on my side of things, no.
I haven't run into a single one, and I've beaten the game.

How did we ever play Pokemon without Wonder Trades? I just lost an entire afternoon breeding Jolly Charmanders and Wonder Trading them away. And, man, how did I ever breed Pokemon without 100% nature-passing with the Everstone?

I think I'm at about 35 hours, with 5 badges, and this is the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game since Silver. I'm a bit disappointed with the relative scarcity of new Pokemon, but there are still enough of them that I'm making really hard decisions about spots on my team (going all new until I beat the Elite 4). I also don't think I've had as many "OMG this changes everything!" moments since Silver, either. I love this damn game.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
on my side of things, no.
I haven't run into a single one, and I've beaten the game.

I'm surprised because a shiny is usually like a once-every-five-years sort of thing for me no matter how many dozens or hundreds of hours I log. I suppose that even if the odds are higher, they're still incredibly low overall so I still probably just lucked out.

BraXzy

What does a Team Flare bag do in Super training? If I use it will it affect my EV's?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it with a google search. I'm going to reset my Charmeleon and start Sp. Atk/Speed training it to max. What would be best for the extra few points? Sp. Def? HP?

Kyzer

Banned
But Iron Tail is 20 points stronger, and I won't have to worry about its accuracy cost because of Honedge's ability.

I just want Bulbapedia to have everything already :c

I think Honedges final form loses its ability. Idk. Just got Doublade last night.

...I want protean froakie...

Could you send me one when I get off work ffdgh?

Has anyone got Pokerus yet? Does it double the EV gains you get in Super Training?

Also, is there a lottery in this game? I feel like it's the first game where I could actually win some cool stuff, considering how easy it is to rack up hundreds of Trainer IDs.

teeny

I have just added everyone on the spreadsheet to my friends list before going into Friend Safari, so add me back! :) I don't have time to send individual PMs to everyone I'm afraid.

Kyzer

Banned
Has anyone got Pokerus yet? Does it double the EV gains you get in Super Training?

Also, is there a lottery in this game? I feel like it's the first game where I could actually win some cool stuff, considering how easy it is to rack up hundreds of Trainer IDs.

PreyingShark gave me an adamant growluthe with pkrs, it doesnt double super training yields.

BraXzy

If anyone hasn't already, please add me and then PM your friend code! :)

1950-7815-8421

Anyone who has me added, do you know what my Friend Safari is like? Do I permanently have a set selection of Pokemon?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I have the worst best luck.

NURgTCU.jpg

so, is the shiny encounter rate increased in XY? This is my second shiny in three days.

Welcome to my world. I purposely rode around with super repel in that cave because of the rather lame appearances there. When it wore off in the last room the same shiny popped up in a swarm.

Nohar

Flashing news (News Flash? News? Flashy news?...): once you've beaten the Elite 4, if you come back to the cavern where you got your fossil, the rocks will drop every other fossils instead of only the old amber for Aerodactyl. I have yet to confirm/infirm if every fossil is available, or if some are restricted to the X/Y version.

I have it. Just tested, the answer is no (lv 1 training got 4 points). There better be some good normal EV spots then.

The lottery is in the big paris city somewhere...

Gsnap

If anyone hasn't already, please add me and then PM your friend code! :)

1950-7815-8421

Anyone who has me added, do you know what my Friend Safari is like? Do I permanently have a set selection of Pokemon?

Yeah, anyone who hasn't added me yet can feel free to.

FC: 5455-9899-7395

Name is Frank

Replica

Neo Member
success! It works.

Sure.
4768-8177-0708

Please, can you send me one too? I don't know what to give you though, not too far in the game, just cleared the second gym.

If you accept i'll pm you my friend code in around 8 hours, right now i'm at work

Meier

Hey guys, I forget -- can TM moves be overwritten by a move learned from leveling up? They're not "locked in" like HMs, right?

Berordn

Can you even get into them?

Not that I'm aware of - I should've been more specific. Only one entrance actually leads to the Power Plant that you're supposed to enter to progress the game. I'm willing to bet the other entrances are reserved for events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom