• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

Hey guys, I forget -- can TM moves be overwritten by a move learned from leveling up? They're not "locked in" like HMs, right?

Correct.

Lemme just say that infinite TMs is one of the best things Gen 5 added. If we ever go back to limited-use TMs, I will cry.

Give it to me straight guys. Is using Lucario just as BS as using legendary jawns or is he not that powerful? I want to know whether or not I can ride my friend for using him.

Berordn

Give it to me straight guys. Is using Lucario just as BS as using legendary jawns or is he not that powerful? I want to know whether or not I can ride my friend for using him.

He's no slouch, but he's not really overpowered either. He's got weaknesses to fighting, fire and ground which are all pretty common attacking types. The game will quickly penalize him for using him where he shouldn't.

zewone

I would love one! Is there anything you're looking for?

2836-0194-8979

The only thing I'm looking for is a Vulpix with Drought or a Safari zone Snorunt or Froslass.

If you don't have those, I'm willing to just give you one. I've been breeding them, so I have a lot.

Korosenai

So now the real question is, what is the best nature for Froakie? I was looking at Smogon and they're saying Hasty, that way it keeps it's attack and sp. attack up while also getting extra speed.

Berordn

So now the real question is, what is the best nature for Froakie? I was looking at Smogon and they're saying Hasty, that way it keeps it's attack and sp. attack up while also getting extra speed.

If you don't want to go mixed on him, you could probably go Timid for Special or Jolly for Physical, since he gets some pretty good coverage for both. Hasty makes sense though, since he's got what it takes to be a good mixed sweeper.

His speed is his greatest asset though, so you should probably be giving that the bump.

zewone

I'd love to get in on this.

FC: 3668-7701-9486

(also, anyone else who wants to add me, feel free. Apparently my safari has Espurrs and Abras?)

Added.

Anyone who wants one, just send a trade invite to my character.

In game name: Robert and I'm wearing a Pangoro hat.

zewone

I think Timid is best for Protean Froakie. Get to change types before being hit.

All of my Froakies are Timid by the way.

Meier

So I just got Charmander from the GTS for another Charmander (which I got for another Charmander..). I'm trying to get one without a nickname and a name that's in English.

This new one I got is apparently the standard French (Salameche) name. If he levels up to become Charmeleon, will his name in the game become Reptincel or will it revert to the English name going forward? I haven't evolved any Pokemon I've got from the GTS that are from a different language Dex.

Aggrotek

Hasty is probably the best. Keeps his attack up for U-Turn.

I think Timid is best for Protean Froakie. Get to change types before being hit.

Timid is an ok choice but you lose out on the attack stat, Greninja has to worry about Scarfedmons. With Hasty he keeps his attack stat and is able to do more damage with his stab U-turn.

Roto13

So I just got Charmander from the GTS for another Charmander (which I got for another Charmander..). I'm trying to get one without a nickname and a name that's in English.

This new one I got is apparently the standard French (Salameche) name. If he levels up to become Charmeleon, will his name in the game become Reptincel or will it revert to the English name going forward? I haven't evolved any Pokemon I've got from the GTS that are from a different language Dex.

Its name will be Charmeleon.

MicH

The only thing I'm looking for is a Vulpix with Drought or a Safari zone Snorunt or Froslass.

If you don't have those, I'm willing to just give you one. I've been breeding them, so I have a lot.
I have a friend safari with Snorunt. Let me catch a few and see if I can get one with its hidden ability

Korosenai

Thanks for the Froakie!

Timid is an ok choice but you lose out on the attack stat, Greninja has to worry about Scarfedmons. With Hasty he keeps his attack stat and is able to do more damage with his stab U-turn.

Yea, right now it seems like Hasty and Timid are both equally good options. Just depends on how you want to play it.

Timeaisis

So like...is there a good way to start breeding before finishing E4 and catching Ditto? I doubt I'll have any worthwhile trades otherwise.

baekshi

Banned
Alright. I'll drop my FC in here anyway in case anyone else wants to add me. Just tell me here or PM.

4425-1513-5442

I'd love to get in on this.

FC: 3668-7701-9486

(also, anyone else who wants to add me, feel free. Apparently my safari has Espurrs and Abras?)

Feel free to add me GAF, we need to fill that Safari Zone :D

FC: 1263-5864-8502

Added!

Anyone else that want me to for Friend Safari

2981-6646-1561

Let me know by PM or quote

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Pokémon streetpasses involve what exactly?

I checked the Holo Caster and it had a news update and told me my Poké Miles. Is that it?

zewone

Isn't his Sp. Atk stat higher than his physical?

Aggrotek

It is, but he has access to U-turn, which is great. With Protean he gets stab U-turn whenever he uses it. With a Timid nature his attack won't be as high as if you use a Hasty nature, meaning your U-turn damage will suffer as a result.

Korosenai

Yeah it is, but if you think about it, with Hasty you get + Speed and - Defense. With Timid you get + Speed and - Attack. The benefits of Hasty outweighs Timid, because with Hasty if you want to use an attack move on Greninja, then you can. And his defense is already so low as it is, a - Defense from Hasty isn't really gonna hurt it. And either way if you use Timid or Hasty, you're gonna end up putting 252 into Sp. Atk and Spd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom