• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Any tip on not making wild pokemons faint beside using false swipe?

zewone

It is, but he has access to U-turn, which is great. With Protean he gets stab U-turn whenever he uses it. With a Timid nature his attack won't be as high as if you use a Hasty nature, meaning your U-turn damage will suffer as a result.

Yeah it is, but if you think about it, with Hasty you get + Speed and - Defense. With Timid you get + Speed and - Attack. The benefits of Hasty outweighs Timid, because with Hasty if you want to use an attack move on Greninja, then you can. And his defense is already so low as it is, a - Defense from Hasty isn't really gonna hurt it. And either way if you use Timid or Hasty, you're gonna end up putting 252 into Sp. Atk and Spd.
I see. Well maybe it's back to the drawing board for me.

Thanks so much for the Froakie!

Awww yes.

And added!
You're welcome!

Fireblend

Banned
So the pokemiles shop says that items are added as you go through the game. So what are those that get added later on? I can buy heart scales and rare candy and only have 2 medals.

Berordn

How are the Prima guides for these games, typically? I'm fighting the compulsion to buy one

They're pretty informative.They'll give you the rundown on where to find things, encounter rates per route, trainer teams and the like, checklists for TMs and cave/dungeon layouts.

Of course that same information's going to be freely available on the internet sooner or later, so it's up to you.

They're pretty informative.They'll give you the rundown on where to find things, encounter rates per route, trainer teams and the like, checklists for TMs and cave/dungeon layouts.

Of course that same information's going to be freely available on the internet sooner or later, so it's up to you.

Why hasnt someone mined the game for Data yet, or transcribed useful information from the Guide

Yea I was wondering if it would be as detailed as the internet stuff. Good I think I'll grab one, thanks

Berordn

Why hasnt someone mined the game for Data yet, or transcribed useful information from the Guide

3DS encryption hasn't been broken yet. We can dump the games (since that's one of the easiest processes), but actually getting at any of that info requires knowledge of the format.

Transcribing information directly from the guide is no better than stealing, so that's probably not the thing to be condoning.

Dragoshi1

Doing Super Training in SP. ATK for my Gengar.

But, what did a Blue and Red stat mean?

Mine has Red for S.Atk but Blue for Spd...

Roto13

Coumarine at the bottom by the water. I was just there lol

Right, thanks. :p So many special NPCs in this game. It's hard to keep track of them all.

There's the one in Coumarine City docks that gives you one of four by answering her quiz, and there's another in the Anistar City Pokemon Center who gives you one based on time of day.

I didn't know about that one. I haven't made it that far yet. (It's my next stop, I think.)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How is weather and time of day determined in this game? Is it based off of real life?

pariah164

So after getting the guide (and learning it has NOTHING about post-game... sigh), all I'm doing is Masuda Method for shinies and earning money for new clothes, since IDK where to go or what to do. :/

Panzon

Just picked up the X and Y strategy guide and its a smaller than I though it would. Pretty thick guide though and its only the 2nd strategy guide I've bought my entire life

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Are there any good Pokedexes/guides for iOS for X and Y?

Can anyone give me some advice on what Nature would be best for a Chespin? Due to the kindness of a fellow gaffer I have a chance to pick any nature, and from my limited knowledge it seems like the 3 top contenders are Adamant, Careful, or Impish.

If anyone with some insight could help me decide which one would be the best option, I'd appreciate it.

Tiamant

I was thinking about the possibilities of Wonder Trade...

Imagine a Nuzlocke challenge in which you have to catch 6 scatterbugs and wonder trade 'em, what you get is your team for the whole game.

I think I'll buy the Y version to try this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom