• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one of my friend Safari has a Galvantula.

Maybe a Galvantula Sticky web lead with Voltturn combo with Protean Ninja carrying Shadow Sneak for the spin block. Would give me a good thunder waver and good sync with one of my more troll members.

Or maybe a combined with Taunt lead Ninja in replacement for sneak and U-turn Galvantula in. Hmm choices choices.

I love gen 6 meta. GF really hit it out of the ballpark

pariah164

Supposedly Pokemon guides are usually split in 2.
There might be another coming.
I emailed Prima yesterday asking about this, since that usually is what happens. And understandably so; the last complete guide, with walkthrough and 'dex, came out with Pokemon Platinum, and it was the size of a phonebook.

Last night I caught a shiny Spritzee. At first I didn't realize it was shiny. Then I remembered what a ring of stars resembles! Did the shiny rate increase or something? Or am I just very lucky?

Dartastic

So, I have two Flabebe's, and they're both the same gender but I think one might be a shiny? I dunno. Their natures are different. One is Rash, and one is Bashful. One has white petals and the other has yellow petals. The yellow petal one is Rash. Which one should I put up for wonder trade? How can you even tell what a shiny Pokemon looks like? Urghghgh.

I had 8000 Pokemiles yesterday. I synced with global link this morning. Nothing on the website. I now have 1433 in-game.

Have I lost all the others? Oddly enough I just did a sync and it did not take the miles...afterwards I set it to not send.

I take it PM in the holo caster is Poke Miles? 4 passes and 4PM...I get more than that from one trade typically...

I was thinking about the possibilities of Wonder Trade...

Imagine a Nuzlocke challenge in which you have to catch 6 scatterbugs and wonder trade 'em, what you get is your team for the whole game.

I think I'll buy the Y version to try this...
I thought of GTS trading chain along the line of "one red pen" but it is so player dependent and what would the end point be. Also current market is Feebas (or Milotic) can get you anything, pretty much.

Berordn

So, I have two Flabebe's, and they're both the same gender but I think one might be a shiny? I dunno. Their natures are different. One is Rash, and one is Bashful. One has white petals and the other has yellow petals. The yellow petal one is Rash. Which one should I put up for wonder trade? How can you even tell what a shiny Pokemon looks like? Urghghgh.

If it's a shiny Pokemon, it'll have a star on its summary page. Flabebe comes in a lot of different forms for the color of its flower, though - chances are neither of them are shiny.

I had 8000 Pokemiles yesterday. I synced with global link this morning. Nothing on the website. I now have 1433 in-game.

Have I lost all the others? Oddly enough I just did a sync and it did not take the miles...afterwards I set it to not send.

Global Link can take some time to update info from your latest sync. Give it a day at most.

MegaMelon

There's a little red star on it's status screen if it's shiny. Look next to the markings in the bottom left of the touch screen.

KAL2006

Banned
Is their a list where I can find out what Pokemon are not in X/Y but are in B/W and B2/W2 as my cousin has both B/B2 so I can use those games to get the missing Pokemon and transfer over.

It looks like Flabebe's color changes depending on what color flowers you are running around in. Shiny Pokemon have a ring of stars appear around it any time it appears in the wild, or is released from a Pokeball, and they also have a red star present on their summary page. So unless it has the ring appear or the red star, it's not shiny.

For an example of the sparkle, look at the end of this video.

Edit: beaten

Is their a list where I can find out what Pokemon are not in X/Y but are in B/W and B2/W2 as my cousin has both B/B2 so I can use those games to get the missing Pokemon and transfer over.
There is a list here of Pokemon not in Kalos dex. It is a good starting point. A few in that list is obtainable in friend safari though (e.g. Ninetales and hence Vulpix). From this find a list of what is obtainable in BW+BW2 and search the names.

Revven

Can anyone give me some advice on what Nature would be best for a Chespin? Due to the kindness of a fellow gaffer I have a chance to pick any nature, and from my limited knowledge it seems like the 3 top contenders are Adamant, Careful, or Impish.

If anyone with some insight could help me decide which one would be the best option, I'd appreciate it.

Well, Chespin's best stat is Defense, so he's going to be more of a tanky Poke. You may want to go for the nature that benefits Defense and then EV train Defense, Attack, and HP (in that order of importance).

Shengar

Dragonair is so freaking beautiful.
Why does Dragonite exist.

Because of this
Epic%20Pokemon%20Battle.gif

I emailed Prima yesterday asking about this, since that usually is what happens. And understandably so; the last complete guide, with walkthrough and 'dex, came out with Pokemon Platinum, and it was the size of a phonebook.

If the Amazon reviews are to be believed, Prima has no plans on releasing a second guide for this game.

And if that's not bad enough, I just received Prima's response; They're NOT going to publish a 2nd volume this time. So there will be absolutely NO pokedex for this game whatsoever.

:/
Maybe they were told not bother with a Pokedex from Nintendo because there's a bunch of secret Pokemon /lmao

SegaShack

I've played every main Pokemon game starting with Blue and for the most part have enjoyed each entry. RBY/GSC are god tier for me. Diamond/Pearl and Black2/White2 I couldn't stand though as they moved slow and I found incredibly boring. Ruby and Saphire I thought was decent but not great. First gen is one of my favorite games ever made (tied with Sonic 3, Links Awakening, and OOT), and I still find myself replaying it from time to time. Once they got into having so many creatures and new stats/mechanics for the creatures it became more complicated for me and turned me off a bit. How do you guys feel about this game?

I feel Red/Blue definitely had a lot of mystery and mythology that was subtly part of the game, it was not forced to you by cutscenes, but by player exploration (Pokemon Mansion, 3 Birds, Cerrulean Cave). Gold and Silver also had some mystery to it to. The other games the Legendaries haven't felt that special to me. Does this game have that any of the same sort of mysterious/exploratory atmosphere to it that the original Gameboy titles had? Are there a lot of cutscenes or is there more freedom?

Also, does it have the trainers that battle you every single time you reenter an area like B2/W2? Those guys really bothered me and slowed the pacing of the game.

I have this pre-ordered at Target and will get a 5 dollar gift card if I pick it up by Saturday. I'm trying to save money for XB1 stuff.

Fey

Banned
edit: @SegaShack: I don't think you'll enjoy XY too much, tbh. :/

Just beat the E4. In terms of how much I enjoyed the main story/quest, I think I would rate the gens 5 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 4. Champion's theme was glorious. *o*

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Imagine a Nuzlocke challenge in which you have to catch 6 scatterbugs and wonder trade 'em, what you get is your team for the whole game.

This sounds great. I'd like to do a Nuzlocke run someday, and your rule is an interesting addition.

got the game on sunday...been playing it non stop since then.....probable my favorite game this year, been ages since l played a pokemon game (silver on the GB)

right now im on the way to the pokemon league, my team is

jolteon
charizard
greninja
ytveltal
aegislash
Lucario

Aggrotek

Wonderlocke:

Catch the first pokemon each new route/area.
You HAVE to immediately wonder trade that pokemon and what you get is your new catch.
If it faints its dead.

Neiteio

BREEDING QUESTION:

So I have a Ditto with the nature I want, and I'll give him an Everstone to pass it on. As for the other Pokémon, Shellder, is it possible for the baby's Ability to turn out different? I want one with Skill Link but the parent Shellder has as different Ability.

It's possible I can hatch Shellder from him that has Skill Link instead, right?

Fey

Banned
The Japanese were always the kindest to me when I did Wonder Trading. I got Ralts, Goomy, and Honedge less than an hour into the game
in exchange for Zigzagoons annd Weedles
!

The Nuzlocke + Wonder Trading stuff sounds really interesting. Really want to try it out.

Hedge

No regional pokedex in the guide! What in the world....

Is there a mention of
what the tipping system actually does for your gameplay?

Spoiler because.. not sure how much still constitutes as spoiler, but better safe than sorry eeeeh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom