• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

klefki_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qt0cv.png

You're in luck, I got one today.
Can I call Goomy? I'll even trade you one that way you're forced to have one :p

Breeding a million Ralts to find an Adamant with Trace. Blugh.

Just get an adamant Ditto.

DSmalls84

Anyone have a good Moveset for Greninja?

Currently Using:

Water Shuriken
Ice Beam
Dark Blade
Hydro Pump

Would it be worth dropping one of these moves for Surf or Extrasensory?

I want to get into Competitive pokemon so i can be a jerk to my friends by beating them. I know about EV/IV training and breeding but i have no idea about Team synergy or the Smogon Tier system

You can beat your friends without knowing those things, but synergy basically(and I'm being very basic) means that you shouldn't have a team that has 5 Pokemon weak to EQ for example. You need balance between types, the types of Pokemon(Walls, Sweepers, etc), and the types of moves. Look at your team and ask yourself what Pokemon/type would just rip through it.

Korosenai

Anyone have a good Moveset for Greninja?

Currently Using:

Water Shuriken
Ice Beam
Dark Blade
Hydro Pump

Would it be worth dropping one of these moves for Surf or Extrasensory?
I think a couple moves it should definitely have are dark pulse and hydro pump. Maybe ice beam, not sure about the fourth move.

Edit: or what Aggro said.

SegaShack

edit: @SegaShack: I don't think you'll enjoy XY too much, tbh. :/

Just beat the E4. In terms of how much I enjoyed the main story/quest, I think I would rate the gens 5 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 4. Champion's theme was glorious. *o*

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it since it can be hard to see if I would like a game where most posts are 100% positive saying how amazing the game is. The main appeal that this had for me was playing with Bulbasaur as a starter but obviously that doesn't change the game mechanics.

Quest1

So with friend safari, does that mean every pokemon really is catchable in XY? Outside of legendaries, of course.

All they need to do is give me more mega stones now...

Also, PM if added: 3024-5265-5661

Roto13

Man this guide is pretty disappointing. Its mostly the story walkthrough and little details here and there mostly about items you might miss. No pokedex, no ev/iv training and no post game. Serebii or any other pokemon dedicated forum is better than this. Buyer's remorse at an all time high :(

It only guides you as far as the Elite 4? Really?

Sadist

Put more Pokemon in more boxes.
I must be dumb, but I only have 7 boxes available and one battle box. :p

Btw, I don't know if there is something like a horde list... but just for funsies the hordes I've found;

Route 5: Gulpin, Scraggy
Route 6: Hoppip, Psyduck
Connecting Cave: Whismur, Axew
Route 8: Wingull, Tailow, Zangoose, Seviper
Route 10: Nosepass, Houndour, Yanma
Route 11: Nidoran (M), Nidoran (F), Starly
Reflection Cave: Mime Jr, Roggenrola
Route 12: Mareep, Wingull, Tauros, Miltank
Route 14: Bellsprout, Skorupi
Route 15: Murkrow, Foongus
Route 16: Murkrow, Foongus
Frostcave: Cubchoo, Vanillite
Route 18: Geodude, Durant
Terminus Cave: Durant,
Route 19: Gligar, Arbok, Weepinbell

If I missed something, feel free to add :p

javac

Mawile's a lot harder to get than Ditto.

Hmmm. I had a couple of them so I wasn't too bothered. Nice to know. I think ditto's show up towards the end of the game. I'm just after I get the legendary so I haven't seen any yet. Can't complain I guess :)

Also I caught Xerneas with a Quick ball in my first try. It was my only one too :p

Bladenic

Finally got the game. Fennekin already has maxed Special Attack EVs. Also game is beautiful IMO.

OH, and I soft resetted 3 times and got a female Fennekin with Modest nature. Here's hoping my luck continues.

Anybody know what the huge ice rock in frost cavern is? I cannot seem to do anything to it.

Haven't got there but sounds like it's where Eevee evolves into Glaceon.

DSmalls84

My set was for a protean Greninja.

Torrent Greninja:

Dark Pulse
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
U-Turn

Thanks! I'm also looking to work a Dragon type into my lineup. What would be the best choice Goodra or Salamance?

Currently using:

Greninja
Venasaur
Raichu
Alakazam
Aurorus

BowieZ

Banned
I would like to see the next region based on Australia, with some cool marsupial and Aboriginal themed Pokemon, like Boomerangel, Koalaby, and Shrimpicue

Who's with me?

Zomba13

Anyone wanna add me for Friend Safari/Battling/Trading/etc goodness My FC is 5155-2898-0702.
Send me a PM with your FC if you add me and I'll add you ASAP.

Aggrotek

Substitute. Greninja is basically the Water typed Jolteon of Gen VI.

Coincidentally, Greninja would get bodied by Jolteon. And Infernape, Lucario and Blaziken, for that matter.

I don't think he will survive long enough to make use of it. Protean won't get walled often, especially if you predict well.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Asking again since I guess it was missed last time but, can you get more than one metal coat in the game? I know you can get one in the Pokeball Factory but is there more you can buy or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom