• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Okay so
I was in the building in the big cities north boulevard where the secretary says she doesnt know what its for and went up to the second floor, i lost control of my game and the sound stopped, and one of the hex girl models appeared behind me and slowly walked inf front of me saying "No, you are not the one" what the heck is that about?

Heh, I had the same reaction. I actually thought that I had a glitched copy or something akin to a creepy pasta game. Seriously, this freaked me out.

Clefargle

Nature Power's been reported to be Tri-Attack in wifi battles, so it's probably based on special. Refrigerate will probably convert it to ice type as well.

Probably. You're going to want to test it yourself.

Yeah, just tried a wifi batte, can confirm that it's tri attack, but my opponent didn't have anything weak to ice so I couldn't tell if refrigerate actually did its job. 1 hit KO though

pariah164

Okay so
I was in the building in the big cities north boulevard where the secretary says she doesnt know what its for and went up to the second floor, i lost control of my game and the sound stopped, and one of the hex girl models appeared behind me and slowly walked inf front of me saying "No, you are not the one" what the heck is that about?
Which building? I want to experience this.

EDIT: Neeeever mind. Found it.

Okay so

Where is this?

EDIT: found it

Hedge

I'm fucking terrible at Pokemon. Why do I even try.

Why do you try? Because Honedge if fucking adorable in Pokemon Amie. That's enough reason to play pokemon ever. I don't even play it much. I just.. stuff my fat Honedge with cakes all day. In Pokemon Z you're all gonna have to play a pokeflute to remove my Honedge from blocking a bridge instead of Snorlax. :C

I fucking love Honedge.

Meier

So how exactly do the Mega Evolutions work? Blaziken is holding the Blazikenite (or whatever it's called) but nothing happened. Do I have to "use" the item somehow? Or am I just unable to do it due to not learning more about the process yet? I am in the Reflecting Cave currently.

Berordn

So how exactly do the Mega Evolutions work? Blaziken is holding the Blazikenite (or whatever it's called) but nothing happened. Do I have to "use" the item somehow? Or am I just unable to do it due to not learning more about the process yet? I am in the Reflecting Cave currently.

Progress in the story first.

Moonlight

Banned
You'll have to progress in the plot a little more to unlock it. You're almost there.

You can't use it until you find out about it, pretty soon after where you're at.

Trey

You won't be given the option to mega evolve until you get to the story element which introduces them. Which isn't too far from where you are.

Triple beaten, damn. I know how Ash feels now.

-Horizon-

Not yet, you're a little early in the game to mega evolve with where you're at right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's a good HM/TM slave early on?

Also I accidentally taught my Honedge Cut :( Fuck man, gotta get a new one and relevel now.

webrunner

I taught it to Honedge, who also does Cut duty, since well, its' a sword.

both fit particularly well because:
The Japanese name of Cut, いあいぎり Iai Cut, refers to iaido, a Japanese martial art. Specifically, it refers to the technique of drawing a blade from its scabbard, cutting down the opponent, then re-sheathing the blade

and

False Swipe (Japanese: みねうち Strike with the Back of the Sword)

both moves in Japanese are explicitly sword moves.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, trainers are seriously fucking me up right now. I don't think I've ever lost against a trainer before.

(Reflection cave, guy with Hawlucha and Red-fighter guy. Holy shit).

Guess I should spend some time at the Battle Chateau? Super Training?

Andrax

Banned
What's a good HM/TM slave early on?

Also I accidentally taught my Honedge Cut :( Fuck man, gotta get a new one and relevel now.

Bidoof then Bibarel is amazing.

Mine knew: Strength, Cut, Surf, Waterfall at the end of the game and rocksmash before waterfall.

Moonlight

Banned
Reflection Cave in general is a pretty strong difficulty spike if you haven't overleveled.

You will know fear, and it's name is Wobuffet.

Linkhero1

I'm about 6 hours into the game with a team of 5. I turned exp share off the moment I got it. Does this game get any harder? I'm getting turned off by how easy winning is. I might end up switching my team up just so I can begin to train other pokemon but I'm hoping the difficulty increases.

DMG-01

I've been trying to find a female Thick Fat Piloswine in the FS for two or three hours now. I managed to find a male one, but that's not good for breeding. I'm testing them with a fire move, which shouldn't be super effective, right?

Maybe if I vent about my bad luck, I'll find one.

DaBoss

I've been trying to find a female Thick Fat Piloswine in the FS for two or three hours now. I managed to find a male one, but that's not good for breeding. I'm testing them with a fire move, which shouldn't be super effective, right?

Maybe if I vent about my bad luck, I'll find one.

Males can pass down abilities too.

Been waiting since Pokemon Silver for this game, so I went and bought Pokemon X in my lunch hour today as I didn't get a chance over the past week.
Got home quite late all stoked to catch me some pokemans after all these years, hype level was over 9000...
3ds is dead, no way to charge it.

Basic breeding 101 question (why don't I already know this): can males pass down nature in breeding with an everstone? If so, can they pass down nature without passing down their ability?

Zomba13

:O Just found a Shiny Drowzee in friend Safari!

Thanks Jonny :D

Wish the shiny was one encounter over though, next encounter in your safari was an Espur and it and Meowstic are my favourites from this gen.

I'm about 6 hours into the game with a team of 5. I turned exp share off the moment I got it. Does this game get any harder? I'm getting turned off by how easy winning is. I might end up switching my team up just so I can begin to train other pokemon but I'm hoping the difficulty increases.

I ended up training a new Team before getting to the 2nd gym. It doesn't really make it much harder but it makes it more fun, for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom