• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

So, would Modest nature work best on Bulbasaur too? What about EVs? Special attack is a given, I guess special defense for the other and a few in speed to cap it off? Or maybe HP.

Real Hero

Just gotten to the fourth gym area, should I explore sea spirit den before I continue or wait until I'm told to? Also who is better Salamance or Haxorus? I need to decide on a dragon for my team.

hupla

Okay so
I was in the building in the big cities north boulevard where the secretary says she doesnt know what its for and went up to the second floor, i lost control of my game and the sound stopped, and one of the hex girl models appeared behind me and slowly walked inf front of me saying "No, you are not the one" what the heck is that about?

btkadams

Okay so
I was in the building in the big cities north boulevard where the secretary says she doesnt know what its for and went up to the second floor, i lost control of my game and the sound stopped, and one of the hex girl models appeared behind me and slowly walked inf front of me saying "No, you are not the one" what the heck is that about?

i'm at the pokemon league and i still don't know what that was about. i'd like to know too.

Trey

I don't think he will survive long enough to make use of it. Protean won't get walled often, especially if you predict well.

He'd have to be in a revenge role any ways, since if he gets outsped, it's game over for him. Force a switch, set up Sub, profit.

QP3

Nicknaming my GTS Bulbasaurs "Bulbasaur" so when they level up and evolve into Ivysaur they'll still be Bulbasaur.

evil-laugh.gif
Hahahaha this is great. The only nickname I gave was to Quagsire. Named him Giggity.

Okay so

No one really knows at this point.

Clefargle

So lots of info on attacks and abilities in this game is still forthcoming, I'm finding it hard to ascertain specific info about how nature power works in this game. Does anyone know if it is still basically an earthquake analogue in wifi battles? If so does it calculate damage based on attack or spec attack stats? And lastly if my Aurorus uses it will refrigerate still turn it into an ice move and give me a STAB?

Thanks

Berordn

So lots of info on attacks and abilities in this game is still forthcoming, I'm finding it hard to ascertain specific info about how nature power works in this game. Does anyone know if it is still basically an earthquake analogue in wifi battles? If so does it calculate damage based on attack or spec attack stats? And lastly if my Aurorus uses it will refrigerate still turn it into an ice move and give me a STAB?

Thanks

Nature Power's been reported to be Tri-Attack in wifi battles, so it's probably based on special. Refrigerate will probably convert it to ice type as well.

Probably. You're going to want to test it yourself.

JackHerer

I found another meme that Nintendo put in this game. I've been grinding in the Battle Maison and one of the trainers started out a match by saying: "I can haz battle now? Meow!" lol. Kinda amusing.

jokkir

I just beat the fourth gym leader. Progress report:

Lv 54 Chesnaught
Lv 54 Greninja
Lv 51 Charizard
Lv 47 Tyrantrum
Lv 43 Snorlax
Lv 44 Pangoro (as HM slave)

The distance between the third and fourth gym isnt that long so I didn't level up as much this time. Mega Charizard is too strong. I can finally use my Greninja because of the badge! But for only 6 levels :(

Who should I teach fly to?

Lv 54 Chesnaught
Lv 54 Greninja
Lv 51 Charizard
Lv 47 Tyrantrum
Lv 43 Snorlax

The distance between the third and fourth gym isnt that long so I didn't level up as much this time. Mega Charizard is too strong. I can finally use my Greninja because of the badge! But for only 6 levels :(

Charizard

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Which pokemons can be tought False Swipe? I need some more false swipe in my life, if I don't use it the wild pokemons mostly 1-hit faint and it's kinda boring to just use Pancham all the time in the wild

JackHerer

YES I caught Zygarde with an Ultra Ball! :D

I feel like catching pokemon is generally a lot easier in this game but maybe I've just been lucky. I caught Xerneas on my first try with a quick ball. I was amazed.

Zygarde was pretty easy to catch as well. Took maybe 15 ultra balls after I paralyzed and false swiped it. I just replayed Heart Gold in preparation for X and Y and it took me 60+ balls to catch Articuno for example.

SaberVulcan

Lv 54 Chesnaught
Lv 54 Greninja
Lv 51 Charizard
Lv 47 Tyrantrum
Lv 43 Snorlax

Sheesh. I beat the Elite Four with a team of 56-60s o_o. You're gonna stomp them.

Nicknaming my GTS Bulbasaurs "Bulbasaur" so when they level up and evolve into Ivysaur they'll still be Bulbasaur.

evil-laugh.gif

Used to do this on accident in the early days. I think I'm about to nichname a Pokemon but opt not to at the last minute. Instead of canceling out of the naming screen I just type in the name of the Pokemon and it sticks forever.

miniMacGuru

Neo Member
Which pokemons can be tought False Swipe? I need some more false swipe in my life, if I don't use it the wild pokemons mostly 1-hit faint and it's kinda boring to just use Pancham all the time in the wild

I taught it to Honedge, who also does Cut duty, since well, its' a sword.

DMG-01

I found another meme that Nintendo put in this game. I've been grinding in the Battle Maison and one of the trainers started out a match by saying: "I can haz battle now? Meow!" lol. Kinda amusing.

Over 9000, cheezburger, and soon someone'll find rage faces. Ew, ew, ew. Who localized Pokémon? Is it a GF, in-house team?

Has the pool of Pokemon who can learn this move shrunk drastically since last gen or am I just imagining it? I feel like it used to have a distribution as wide as Cut but I can't teach it to a single Pokemon I have. Guess I need Honedge if I'm gonna get it.

Is there any other place to get the sachet other than cyallage city?
Not sure. What version are you playing?

Has the pool of Pokemon who can learn this move shrunk drastically since last gen or am I just imagining it? I feel like it used to have a distribution as wide as Cut but I can't teach it to a single Pokemon I have. Guess I need Honedge if I'm gonna get it.

Not sure. What version are you playing?

You can trade a Jigglypuff for a Bisharp in Snowbelle town. It's level 50 and has high attack so the False Swipe hits harder.

ohlawd

Where is that guy? I am so lost looking for Legendaries in post-game.

Terminus Caveoutside of Couriway Town.

You'll see some railroad tracks up to it. I believe there's two entrances and you'll want to go the upper level. Definitely need Rock Smash, you might need Strength but I forget.

I officially have obtained (not seen) 151 monsters with only one badge, and only trading involved other starters and other version exclusives up to this point in the game. This game is huge. I wonder how that would compare with prior generations.

Zomba13

Okay so

itisamystery5if6jb.gif

So many Greninja's online that don't have a dark STAB move. I've only faced one so far, it had Dark Pulse.

It's alright. Gourgeist and Aegislash will put you out of your misery then.

PSA: He has two typings for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom