• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, trainers are seriously fucking me up right now. I don't think I've ever lost against a trainer before.

(Reflection cave, guy with Hawlucha and Red-fighter guy. Holy shit).

Guess I should spend some time at the Battle Chateau? Super Training?

That was the toughest battle fore me as well. Won it with my Driftblim at 1/6th health. Hawlucha is a powerhouse.

Cerity

BqDq25V.png

Vaporeon and Delphox did 95% of the work, Sylveon did the rest. Didn't check the egg before going in so bulbasaur hatched halfway through :lol:

pumpkaboo is on route 16. I've run into it a few times there exploring the hotel.

ohlawd

guys when breeding, how far along do you go on the route before going back to check if your Pokemon has finished making sweet love?

I realize it's a long ass route and it's still around 250 steps per egg check

I'm at Coumarine. Anyone know how soon till I hit a new boutique?

Pretty much the next new town.

A few questions:

A) Do punching bags tell you how many EV's you gain when they finish? I wanna make sure before I start using Attack Bag L's for my Chesnaught.

B) Does/can Goodra learn a decent moveset? I dunno what he can really learn besides Flamethrower/Thunderbolt... Is he meant to be a special attacker/special tank?

C) Where do I find Pumpkaboo!?

Edit: Holy crap, someone just asked about Pumpkaboo too, lol.

pariah164

guys when breeding, how far along do you go on the route before going back to check if your Pokemon has finished making sweet love?

I realize it's a long ass route and it's still around 250 steps per egg check
When I see the guy facing the road. That means there's an egg.

Cerity

A few questions:

A) Do punching bags tell you how many EV's you gain when they finish? I wanna make sure before I start using Attack Bag L's for my Chesnaught.

B) Does/can Goodra learn a decent moveset? I dunno what he can really learn besides Flamethrower/Thunderbolt... Is he meant to be a special attacker/special tank?

a) yeah. The game will tell you when you've maxed out a stat anyway. Not sure if it does it at 255 or 252 though.
b) not sure
c) route 16.

ohlawd

When I see the guy facing the road. That means there's an egg.

I know.

Oh man I guess I phrased my question wrong. If it's 250 steps per egg usually, then what landmarks should I use to go back and forth to achieve said 250 steps?

I've just been doing the edge of the Battle Chateau and the town gates but it might not be efficient since I might be going over 250 steps.

BqDq25V.png

Vaporeon and Delphox did 95% of the work, Sylveon did the rest. Didn't check the egg before going in so bulbasaur hatched halfway through :lol:

pumpkaboo is on route 16. I've run into it a few times there exploring the hotel.

lol at random Bulbasaur grinning like he did most of the work.

pariah164

I know.

Oh man I guess I phrased my question wrong. If it's 250 steps per egg usually, then what landmarks should I use to go back and forth to achieve said 250 steps?

I've just been doing the edge of the Battle Chateau and the town gates but it might not be efficient since I might be going over 250 steps.
I just go from the cave entrance on the left to the town entrance on the right. I don't really think about it.

Trakan

So I just had a passerby use Hatching Power on me. I haven't found it in game and it's not listed on Serebii. Anyone know where it is?

ohlawd

I just go from the cave entrance on the left to the town entrance on the right. I don't rally think about it.

Figures heheh. Well that's okay. I've been getting lucky with Noibat breeding and I'm getting a ton of eggs.

Why didn't GF bring back the call out mechanic from Gen 5? The old man would call you over if he had an egg.

*sigh* GF gonna GF.

pariah164

Figures heheh. Well that's okay. I've been getting lucky with Noibat breeding and I'm getting a ton of eggs.

Why didn't GF bring back the call out mechanic from Gen 5? The old man would call you over if he had an egg.

*sigh* GF gonna GF.
I dunno. Guess maybe they missed that while adding the roller skate effects?

yep I'm done. It was a fun 50 hours. Theres nothing to do, and I suck at fighting people online. So that's it.

If you don't play Pokemon competitively, I understand how you can run out of steam rather quickly after the story is completed. You're pretty much right that there's not much left to do, but if you ever want to try to get into competitive battles, stick around and ask questions. We'll get you all caught up. :)

Breeding, training, and devising balanced and effective teams are really the whole fun of the game, in my opinion. Couldn't care much less about filling the Pokedex outside of a completionist need. But breeding? Man, it's great. I've spent a full day breeding a single Pokemon (Aipom), and have two boxes full of semi-rejects that aren't as good as they could be, but I still have fun with every moment of it.

Sora_N

BqDq25V.png

Damn that's similar to what I have too. Got Delphox Sylv Vaporeon Axew ATM

Seibmoz

BqDq25V.png

Does Talonflame ever learn any good moves?

Speaking of the roller skates, my screen goes black for a millisecond when putting on skates.

pls tell me that's normal.

is it kind of a faded black? because that is normal i think its it loading the skates

also are there other unlockable hair styles outside of ponytail and pig tails?

Leezard

A few questions:

Edit: Holy crap, someone just asked about Pumpkaboo too, lol.

Yes, L should give you 12, M 4 and S 1. They say so.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
yep I'm done. It was a fun 50 hours. Theres nothing to do, and I suck at fighting people online. So that's it.

If it makes any difference, I completely wiped out whenfacing randoms after you again. Some of if is poor movesets, stats and unlucky matchups. People who spent tons of time minmaxing will have a big edge when you haphazardly test your luck. Getting better takes time but it's a very fun battle system.

ohlawd

is it kind of a faded black? because that is normal i think its it loading the skates

also are there other unlockable hair styles outside of ponytail and pig tails?

Yup. It's more prominent on the bottom screen than the top.

I think those are all the hair styles we get. Doesn't matter though because ponytails are the best.

Moonlight

Banned
Yup. It's more prominent on the bottom screen than the top.

I think those are all the hair styles we get. Doesn't matter though because ponytails are the best.
Still in favour of short hair. Would have to get farther to see where ponytails stack up, though.

ohlawd

I swear, last thing about roller skates.

Using the circle pad in grass still puts on your skates and you can't run with them on. Means you're stuck with the d-pad to run in grass.

smh.

Darklord

Banned
I feel like I'm over leveling myself too much but I'm not even fighting a ton. I'm low to mid 20's and fighting lv15 pokemon. It's hard capturing them cause half the time I do 1 hit kills. :\

It's amazing how easy has become the EV training in those editions, I love it.
The only thing it lacks is the option to "downgrade" a certain EV and that the graphic lacks numerical values so we can know exactly how many EP there are on a certain stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom