• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QP3

So I have 6 badges and am starting to think about a post game team to breed and was hoping to disuss some possible strategies with you guys.

I think I would want to start with a fast mon who can inflict poison/status effects. Would a higher defense be more important for that type or the speed? Who do you think would be a good fit?

Also, what are some other strategies?

I've got a box full of Beldum if you want one.

My FC is 4914-3954-3762, PM if you add me. Will be online for about another 20-30 mins tops (work early :()

I want to catch one from friend safari for the boosted IVs but if I give up I'll keep you in mind. Are yours any specific nature?

They look incredible. Don't suppose you take requests?

Nah, I'm already sacrificing enough free time on these when I do the ones
I wanna do personally.

Very impressive! Looking forward to seeing Sliggoo :)

:p

What program do you make them in? They look great!

Ms Paint.

Would it be alright if I used one of these as an icon on tumblr?

Go ahead, give credit if possible. <3 ( http://neorice.tumblr.com/ )

pokemon_so_far_by_neoriceisgood-d6qtw91.png

For the people asking what I've done.

Holy crap these are totally boss. Well done, sir.

So what's the best way to pass on hidden abilities? Father or Mother, or both? I want to pass on Speed Boost for my Torchic. Also, for the ability to pass on I need to give the Pokemon with the ability I want an everstone right?

it's been a while since I've bred.

Azure J

Progress report: 8 Badges, Victory Road ahead, team looks in order (still need to raise my 6th mon from scratch), and I'm fucking PAID son. Luck Incense <3 <3 <3

Anyone want to chime in with ideas for a good moveset for a Modest (252 Sp. A and Speed) Jolteon? I'm taking suggestions while I'm contemplating re-raising one with a Timid nature for absolute speed dominance.

While you're at it, good ideas for Protean Greninja?

gligar_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qtswt.png
goomy_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qtsx1.png
honedge_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qtsx8.png

I think Nub called dibs on Goomy.

Honedge and Gligar are free to take.

I'm curious, have you ever done a Greninja or M-Blaziken?

Edit: And then you post the great wall of sprites for me. :lol

I hatched a shiny Mawile! It is now my signature Pokemon. I've been trying to run a team of newcomers, though. Just got through Victory Road with a team of Tyrantum, Pangoro, Skrelp (levelling), Meowstic, Hawlucha and of course Mawile. Mawile saved me from a fast psychic that nearly swept my team. <3

clemenx

Banned
Can someone tell me what good moves does Sylveon learn? I evolved it at level 29 and only have swift as semi useful ._. I'm just arriving to Shalour city he's at level 30

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Terminus Caveoutside of Couriway Town.

You'll see some railroad tracks up to it. I believe there's two entrances and you'll want to go the upper level. Definitely need Rock Smash, you might need Strength but I forget.

you don't need rock smash to get to zygarde or what ever his name is :)

I got him, no rock smash.

Do you have a general idea of how this one's IVs are? Starting to like the idea of just breeding them instead.
Can't remember exactly. Nothing spectacular, but not horrible either. The other one i have isn't that much better really, might keep breeding myself.

Take good care of it ;)

Can't remember exactly. Nothing spectacular, but not horrible either. The other one i have isn't that much better really, might keep breeding myself.

Take good care of it ;)

Thanks again! I should be able to work with this I have some pretty legit IV'd Dittos. That Poliwag I gave you has swift swim so you can get a drizzle Politoed if you didn't have that already.

Thanks again! I should be able to work with this I have some pretty legit IV'd Dittos. That Poliwag I gave you has swift swim so you can get a drizzle Politoed if you didn't have that already.

Good luck with the breeding :)

I have a box full of Adamant Larvitar also... took forever to get one with decent Attack IVs. Happy to send one over if you want it.

Azure J

Can someone tell me what good moves does Sylveon learn? I evolved it at level 29 and only have swift as semi useful ._. I'm just arriving to Shalour city he's at level 30

The Fairy gym leader gives you one of the nicer fairy type moves. Not too sure about much else it can learn though, my Eevees are for Jolteons, Espeons and Umbreons from 96' to infinity.

Could someone give me a basic run down of EV and IV training as it relates to the new games? I know what EVs are, are IVs the value of a stat the pokemon starts with?

Does battle still affect ev or is it only super training now? Just a basic explanation would be great. I've read some stuff about how the old games handle it but I'm not sure how it applies.

FSLink

Banned
How exactly does one breed for a hidden ability?

Have one with a Hidden ability (or Ditto with its hidden ability) and pray since it's a small chance of passing down. At least they changed it so it's no longer just females passing it down. :)

Speaking of hidden abilities, I got Miccino (meh thanks to the free one you get in Gen V) and Eevee with their hidden abilities today! :D

Fireblend

Banned
Left my Amaura for like 3 mins at the day care so I could get some eggs and got it back with its Icy Wind replaced with Round.

:'( anything I can do?

hemtae

I need a good flying Pokemon that isn't Pidgeon. Any recommendations?

For ones available early game, there's Fletchling and Doduo. A little later, there's Zubat. After the second gym, there's Hawluncha and Starly/Starvaria. I'm using Charizad as my flying type right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom