• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started messing around with Pokemon Amie last night, and while my party is now maxed out in affection, I have a few questions:

1) Do the benefits from max affection have an effect in battling other players locally/online, or is it just in-game?

2) Does affection impact the move "Return", and Pokemon that evolve by being happy, or is that a seperate stat that still functions as it did in previous games?

3) Does anybody have a good "routine" for Amie that makes maxing out affection as quick as possible? I've had a think, and this is the best routine I can think of:

- Have only three Pokemon in my party
- Pet each Pokemon as much as possible, and feed them each 6 of the highest affection candy (the maximum possible)
- Using any Pokemon, complete three rounds of the headbutt game (since you only have three Pokemon in your party, the same three Pokemon will play and benefit each time). Assuming you do well, you'll get 18 of the high affection candy, and all three Pokemon will then have their "Fullness" and "Enjoyment" stats empty.
- Repeat

If anybody knows a faster way, I'm all ears!

Dryk

Considering how much effort they put into ruining your meal I don't think the chefs at this restaurant have much faith in their ability to cook

Leezard

What different kinds of Mulch for the berry farm have you found?

Boost mulch seems to be the most common, but I have found Rich mulch by combining Sitrus, Figy and Roseli berries in the mulch compounder.

What mutations have you found? I have only found the one by combining Oran and Pecha yet.

Andrin

Anyone else notice that there are five interactable meteorites on a shelf in the fossil lab and not just four? New Deoxys forme incoming?

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, I'm literally ensuing the battle with Yveital, but I have to say this: this game's story is drivel. I think it is so stupid. That doesn't necessarily mean the other ones have been good, but the fact that they didn't really develop SHIT in this game just reinforces the fact that the story was an after-thought. The story and characters feel meaningless and soulless. I adore everything else excluding also that stupid fucking city in which it is so difficult to traverse (Lumiose?), but this story sucks.

Oyashiro

Having a lot of fun with the game so far. I wish people wouldnt be so shitty on Wonder Trade. Tired of getting Bunnelby and shit like that.

Also, browsing this thread has reminded me why I stopped playing D/P/Pl. EVs, IVs, natures, competitive movesets, memorizing weaknesses, hidden abilities... That stuff is so overwhelming. I dont know how people do it. Guess Im a casual.

Have one with a Hidden ability (or Ditto with its hidden ability) and pray since it's a small chance of passing down. At least they changed it so it's no longer just females passing it down. :)

Speaking of hidden abilities, I got Miccino (meh thanks to the free one you get in Gen V) and Eevee with their hidden abilities today! :D

So their occurrence is totally random until you find one to breed?

Anura

Jesus, I'm literally ensuing the battle with Yveital, but I have to say this: this game's story is drivel. I think it is so stupid. That doesn't necessarily mean the other ones have been good, but the fact that they didn't really develop SHIT in this game just reinforces the fact that the story was an after-thought. The story and characters feel meaningless and soulless. I adore everything else excluding also that stupid fucking city in which it is so difficult to traverse (Lumiose?), but this story sucks.

The biggest issue is it just comes out of nowhere! I could forgive it if it was presented better after all it is a pokemon game but it just blindsides you with little development

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Does having 6 combees in your party get you 6 times as much honey? Or even better, anyone found out whether you can buy honey somewhere?

Azure J

The biggest issue is it just comes out of nowhere! I could forgive it if it was presented better after all it is a pokemon game but it just blindsides you with little development

Oh cool, I wasn't the only one who felt this way. The funny thing is
I actually really liked Team Flare's seemingly "back to basics" approach to villainy. They came off more as a thug group [all you really need is a group using Pokemon to fuck shit up/commit felonies] which was cool but then suddenly super weapons and shit and here's this deer/bird that was lodged in our plumbing.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member

That's it! That's just it! It blindsides the hell out of you. How often is the legendary even mentioned prior to the 7th gym battle? I can't recall.

And a three thousand year old person? I understand that you should just suspend beliefs with games, especially pokemon, where shit like that clearly does not exist in our world, but that story element just took it to beyond.

I feel no connection to this game's story. And the region, in my opinion, feels like Final Fantasy XIII. Why is everything streamlined? Where is a sense of exploration? No rerouting; everything is simple and straight forward. At first I enjoyed a fresh take on the region, but it's become so boring, especially how it's so quick to change the climate when walking to another location to give a sense of season and change. It feels forced.

:/

FSLink

Banned
So their occurrence is totally random until you find one to breed?

Friend Safari, Gen V Dream World and Hidden Grotto Pokemon (which can't be transferred to Gen 6 yet), Horde Battles, and Event Pokemon (ex: Speed Boost Torchic) are the only ways currently to get hidden ability Pokemon.

daripad

I wanted to get rid of Kirlia but Gardervoir is so much a beast. I love her so much, she is pretty unmovable right now

Now Amaura is another story. I hope that evolvong makes it better because I want to get rid of her as soon as possible if she doesn't get her shit togheter. I may replace her with a ground type pokemon if the evolution is not convincing. I'll have to wait.till 8 pm though

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Wow, on OT3 and only just now have I bothered to add myself to the NeoGAF spreadsheet and update my profile here to include my 3DS friend code?

Sign me up for Team XY (though mainly X)...
I went with a female trainer named Firinel in both games.
I'm a bit of a lapsed Pokemon gamer, and last time I mained a game, I don't think there even was a gender option!

Mejilan
1977-0169-2527
Please PM me on NeoGAF if you plan on adding me. Thanks!
Playing through X mainly, dabbling in Y here and there.

Laieon

Beat the E4 Monday night, this is what my final party looked like.

UNopNjY.png

Dorj

Banned
Hi, I'm offering Timid Joltiks with Spider Web (can also breed modest ones if someone wants)

I'm looking for other Safari stuff, mainly Magician Fennekin, Protean Froakie, Shadow-trap Litwickand Multi-scale Dratini.
I also wouldn't say no to other interessting offers.

FC: 4811-8390-6507 (zero, in-game Robert)

I kinda liked it considering how poorly it was done and the fact that it's still a PKMN game. Hey, how about some sappy message about
genocide and weapons of mass destruction
out of nowhere? sure, why not :lol
They should have put
3k man
into an endgame dungeon though. Endgame is really fucking measly, probably the worst I've seen since the originals (though I haven't played every gen)

Ultratech

I've found some of the stuff on TVs scattered about to be pretty funny and potentially messed up.

Like one of the first programs I saw was talking about the Town Map and getting lost.
"The more lost you are, the less useful a map becomes."

Then there was another one the other night about a guy wanting to protect his Patrat that was always biting him. Then the guy goes on about where he'd protect his Patrat if even if 100 Gurdurrs came after them. The announcer then says that Patrat finally realizes how much his trainer cares, and then proceeds to unleash 100 Gurdurrs on them to see if the guy would live up to his claim.
(This had me laughing despite how terribly messed up it was.)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Hmm...only Pokemon game I played through was LeafGreen GBA. Thinking of getting this, but part of me wonders if it is better to give Black 1/2 a try first instead. I was always intrigued by that game for whatever reason and here we already are a generation beyond...

So X/Y first or Black/White?

Shengar

Hmm...only Pokemon game I played through was LeafGreen GBA. Thinking of getting this, but part of me wonders if it is better to give Black 1/2 a try first instead. I was always intrigued by that game for whatever reason and here we already are a generation beyond...

So X/Y first or Black/White?

Black/White, because you probably wouldn't be able to play older game once you play XY.

zewone

Hi, I'm offering Timid Joltiks with Spider Web (can also breed modest ones if someone wants)

I'm looking for other Safari stuff, mainly Magician Fennekin, Protean Froakie, Shadow-trap Litwickand Multi-scale Dratini.
I also wouldn't say no to other interessting offers.

FC: 4811-8390-6507 (zero, in-game Robert)

I have Protean Froakies I can trade you.

2509-1990-6539

Fey

Banned
Really? Whoa. I got upset it wasn't Grass/Fairy and just passed it by.

E4 spoilers:
With the exception of the Fire and Steel members, I used Florges 95% of the time for the E4+Champ. Mega Gardevoir also took out my entire team except Florges. She was my last Mon standing. :')

If it was Grass/Fairy, I'd probably be telling a different story.

Poor Grass. ;___;

Better than Sylveon?

No idea. :s I wanted Sylveon to be my Fairy type when I saw you can catch Eevee in the wild, but I got bored with Pokemon-Amie.

Gsnap

Here's a question. Has anybody seen whimsicott, or is it available, and is it grass/fairy? Because it totally deserves it.

Azure J

E4 spoilers:
With the exception of the Fire and Steel members, I used Florges 95% of the time for the E4+Champ. Mega Gardevoir also took out my entire team except Florges. She was my last Mon standing. :')

If it was Grass/Fairy, I'd probably be telling a different story.

Poor Grass. ;___;

You know, this is the truth really. I have a serious "Gen 1" team building mentality I've kept ever since reading Nintendo Power broke down a good way to design teams in Red/Blue/Yellow (back then it was to have dedicated Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Rock and Psychic types) that I need to break out of. It's a whole new world and some types just aren't cutting it.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. Dying when fighting the legendary brings you to a pokemon center and you can go right back to the fight, the legendary is still there. This is good because if you are going for a good nature, it skips that minute long introduction to the legendary.

Speaking of that, I hate that I can see the actual nature during battle, and that I have to finish the fight with the team flare dude, followed by another cutscene, before seeing the nature.

Just looking at the stats isn't indicative enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom