• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting this, as I posted a couple of pages ago, and I'm really hoping somebody might have some insight. :)

Started messing around with Pokemon Amie last night, and while my party is now maxed out in affection, I have a few questions:

1) Do the benefits from max affection have an effect in battling other players locally/online, or is it just in-game?

2) Does affection impact the move "Return", and Pokemon that evolve by being happy, or is that a seperate stat that still functions as it did in previous games?

3) Does anybody have a good "routine" for Amie that makes maxing out affection as quick as possible? I've had a think, and this is the best routine I can think of:

- Have only three Pokemon in my party
- Pet each Pokemon as much as possible, and feed them each 6 of the highest affection candy (the maximum possible)
- Using any Pokemon, complete three rounds of the headbutt game (since you only have three Pokemon in your party, the same three Pokemon will play and benefit each time). Assuming you do well, you'll get 18 of the high affection candy, and all three Pokemon will then have their "Fullness" and "Enjoyment" stats empty.
- Repeat

If anybody knows a faster way, I'm all ears!

DaBoss

Reposting this, as I posted a couple of pages ago, and I'm really hoping somebody might have some insight. :)

Started messing around with Pokemon Amie last night, and while my party is now maxed out in affection, I have a few questions:

1) Do the benefits from max affection have an effect in battling other players locally/online, or is it just in-game?

2) Does affection impact the move "Return", and Pokemon that evolve by being happy, or is that a seperate stat that still functions as it did in previous games?

3) Does anybody have a good "routine" for Amie that makes maxing out affection as quick as possible? I've had a think, and this is the best routine I can think of:

- Pet each Pokemon as much as possible, and feed them each 6 of the highest affection candy (the maximum possible)
- Using any Pokemon, complete three rounds of the headbutt game (since you only have three Pokemon in your party, the same three Pokemon will play and benefit each time). Assuming you do well, you'll get 18 of the high affection candy, and all three Pokemon will then have their "Fullness" and "Enjoyment" stats empty.
- Repeat

1) Doesn't work online. Not sure if it works in battle facilities.
2) I doubt they would change it to affection. It probably still is based on happiness.
3) No clue, but some people did post some fast ways earlier, you'll probably have to search through the posts though. Though it sounded similar to what you posted, IIRC.

Unbounded

- Repeat

On 1, I remember trying an online battle with an affection-max pokemon, nothing really happened, though that could just be that battle.

Growlie19

- Repeat

1) Nope, I've battled online with my in-game team and they never looked back at me or got crits for me.

2) I'm pretty sure that happiness is a separate stat from affection. don't quote me on that, though.

3) That's pretty much it.

Acid08

Banned
Anyone have a Timid or Modest natured Nidoran/Nidorino they'd be willing to trade? I've been trying for two days now and haven't had any luck. Now they aren't even showing up in the wild anymore :/

Mr-Joker

Banned
Lysandre battle theme is so much better than that crappy boring champion.

The Eevee is already in the PC. I can just leave it there, right?

Yes, any infected Pokémon in the PC will keep the Pokérus.

Also, how do I give that to other Pokemon?

Just have the infected Pokémon in your party and it will pass it on.

Pokeball breeding is bothering me a lot more than it should lol

Why is a level 1 baby in an Ultra Ball?

It's a new feature added into breeding, Mother now pass down the Pokéball, which is good as I hated how I didn't have the option to chose.

It's a new feature added into breeding, Mother now pass down the Pokéball, which is good as I hated how I didn't have the option to chose.

It mainly bothers me because I got a female Frogadier through Wonder Trade and bred some Froakie. I'm guessing the person caught it in Friend Safari because my now Greninja is inside a Return Ball. It's so ugly :(

SoulUnison

Banned
Anyone figure out how to remove a PSS Friend from your list?
Deleting the Friend Card through the 3DS doesn't do it.

They just sit there forever being "offline."

Dorj

Banned
I'm the champion!

Gotta say the E4 was waaaaaay harder than the champion, mostly because I was severely underleveled for the fight. Most of my team were mid 50s, with my volcarona being the only 60<.

The fight with
gyarados
was especially dumb. It nearly wiped out my whole party, and the only way I won was to switch between setting up chesnaught's and aegislash's shield moves and reviving them each turn. :p

Anyway, that was fun!

Final team.

jKjbz7B.png

Would you breed me your moth? ;__;

Is Swinub/Piloswine found in the safari? I want a Mamoswine, but would like to avoid breeding as I don't have access to any good Dittos.

Also I need more leveled up friend safaris. :/

pariah164

Ahhh crap. Just realized that I really want my shinies in Luxury Balls... If I'm doing the Masuda Method, could I go catch a female Espurr with a Luxury Ball, then use that for breeding, rather than using my Meowstic?

EDIT because I am more tired than I thought.

I'm loving this game SO DAMN MUCH. I'm about 38 hours deep with six badges. Love that I can EV train pokemon right off the bat so I don't feel like I'm using an unoptimized and worthless team throughout the main campaign.

Blasty

Is Swinub/Piloswine found in the safari? I want a Mamoswine, but would like to avoid breeding as I don't have access to any good Dittos.

Also I need more leveled up friend safaris. :/

One of the friend safaris I got from a Gaf-er has a Piloswine in it. I can catch one for you.

yami4ct

Just hatched a shiny Rotom! Yay. My second legit shiny ever. Sadly, it's a Lax nature so not sure what I can do with it. Still, fantastic.

Gartooth

Does anyone know the complete type breakdown for Aurorus (rock/ice)? Particularly I want to know which types are super effective against it because it seems to die pretty quickly for me despite all the training I've given it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Does anyone know the complete type breakdown for Aurorus (rock/ice)? Particularly I want to know which types are super effective against it because it seems to die pretty quickly for me despite all the training I've given it.

4x steel, 4x fighting, 2x grass, 2x water, 2x ground, 2x rock

for good measure, resists normal, ice, poison, flying. All 1/2 damage.

daripad

Weak x4 to steel and fighting. Weak x2 to rock, ground and grass. Resistant x1/2 to Normal

Roto13

Steel and fighting will obliterate it. (4x damage.) It's also weak to Rock, Ground, Grass, and Water.

Shoyz

"The more medals you unlock, the more items that can be exchanged for Poke Miles will become available"

Did I unlock all of these instantly or something? See nothing new, 68 medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom