• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats

Hmm, I haven't found a single Golett yet. Is there a spot where they appear frequently? I'm trying to get a Light Clay.

Gartooth

It literally has the worst typing of all typings that have been done

It's painful to deal with it too considering I absolutely love using it when its not dying every 30 seconds. The horrible typing combined with its terrible speed just stop it in its tracks from ever being a core part of my team which is really upsetting.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What do you need that much Honey for? Am I missing something?

Honey makes pokemon appear in hordes, which is an entirely different set of evolutions on the later routes (usually the pre evolutions of the pokemon on the same route), which means I dont need to go through the trouble of breeding all of those pokemon who dont normally appear in the non-horde encounters, but I am also having the hunch that some pokemon ONLY appear in hordes or at least more often in the pre evolution horde encounter than the normal one.

Why do you need so much honey when you can just have Combee use Sweet Scent?

Sweet Scent only causes random pokemon to appear.

So, anyone running around with 6 combees? Does it work and give 6 times as much honey?

DMG-01

Even creepier,
there is a hex maniac (the same sprite) standing in Richissime Hotel asking you to leave because she won't be able to hear the elevator.

It would actually be nice if someone with JPN copy of the game would confirm the dialogue is the same in JPN version or are translators just having fun. Because it's VERY disturbing

I rode the elevator, but didn't see her? Do I need to have triggered the other encounter first?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Resists Ice too

Resists normal, ice, poison, flying

It's painful to deal with it too considering I absolutely love using it when its not dying every 30 seconds. The horrible typing combined with its terrible speed just stop it in its tracks from ever being a core part of my team which is really upsetting.

I hear you man. Love the design, and the ability is interesting as well, but it just dies too damn easily. To physical attacks at least, it seems like it can take a couple special attacks though thanks to nice HP and a passable special defense stat. The speed definitely sucks though.

todd360

Hey i traded a squirtle i got in wonder trade for a ditto on GTS and its not in my box. Squirtle is gone but I don't have the ditto. What happened?

SoulUnison

Banned
Anyone figure out how to remove a PSS Friend from your list?
Deleting the Friend Card through the 3DS doesn't do it.

They just sit there forever being "offline."

Salsa

welp lost my first battle™ against my bud (with whom ive been playing pokemon since red/blue)

and it was 4 of mine against 3 of his

fuck

this is the bane of my existence guys. I also lost the first battle™ in black/white 2. (tho not in the previous 2 games) I wont hear the end of this for months. The handicap makes it so much worse.

DMG-01

Even creepier,
there is a hex maniac (the same sprite) standing in Richissime Hotel asking you to leave because she won't be able to hear the elevator.

It would actually be nice if someone with JPN copy of the game would confirm the dialogue is the same in JPN version or are translators just having fun. Because it's VERY disturbing

I rode the elevator, but didn't see her? Do I need to have triggered the other encounter first?

She's on the top floor, right room.
Ah, I found her both times.

The first time she says:
あなたは 違う……
Meaning something like "You're wrong/You're not the right [person]/etc."

The second time she says:
…… …… ……
…… …… ……
……ダマレ
……エレベータ ノ
……オトガ キコエヌ

Which is something like "Be quiet, I can't hear the elevator."

What's interesting is that the second time she speaks using only katakana which is something, from my limited Japanese experience, that's reserved for robots/aliens/maybe ghosts/spirits. I'm taking that to mean she might be possessed or in a trance.

Disclaimer: I'm by no means fluent, so take my words with a grain of salt.

unreon

Anyone able to help me with this?

I just turned on my 3DS and I'm on the Home Menu, but it won't read the Pokemon X cartridge at all. It's definitely in there, and I've tried popping it out then back in, blowing air on the cartridge/receiver, and restarting my 3DS.

Still no go.

Anyone know what's going on, or have heard about this issue elsewhere?

Elija2

There's a way to disable it, it's called plugging in the 3DS charger.

I like to play until the very last drop of juice.

The 3DS has pretty bad battery life anyway and the Internet functions of this game make it even worse, so it's not weird for the battery to dip below that threshold. The battery nagging in this game is worse than the recent Mario and Zelda games.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone explain to me what the Super Training does? I never did EV training in the older Pokemon games, so I'm pretty confused as to what the benefit is.

I just did all the training courses (soccer mini game) for the various stats of one of my Pokemon. I keep seeing that each stat is increasing by +4, but I don't notice it increasing in the Pokemon's summary page.

So, I'm a little confused in terms of what Super Training actually does. Anyone willing to break it down for me? I tried reading the guide on Serebii but I don't quite understand it fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom