• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsnap

finally beat the E4

Aegislash and Aurorus were the MVPs. One hyper beam from Aurorus destroyed every dragon. And Aegislash's Iron Head rips through the champions mega-gardevoir.

Great game overall, and I haven't even begun breeding and things like that. My only issue is the story. In other Pokemon games I didn't fault the story because it seemed like the devs didn't care about it. In this game it seems like they cared a lot but simply couldn't deliver. It could have been the best story in the series if they had just given everything more development and character. Everything just comes out of nowhere and then it's over.

Good game overall. Time to start breeding and EV training a good competitive team. : )

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
8 Badges collected, now on to Victory Road and soon world domination!

I am 2 pokemon away from being the ultimate dragon trainer, a feat that has had its ups and downs. Clearly the 8th gym being
Ice
does not help my cause here, but me and mine have overcome everything thrown at us. Goodra was beasting, taking Ice Beams to the face without a hitch. Here's the team so far!

Caelus Lv. 66
tyrantrum.png
Tennant Lv.60
goodra.png
Smith Lv. 62
691.png
Cloud Lv. 62
flygon.png

Oathkeeper Lv. 60
aegislash.png
Eccleston Lv. 68
chesnaught_sprite_by_jellojolteon2000-d6p3lbl.png

Ultimadrago

8 Badges collected, now on to Victory Road and soon world domination!

I am 2 pokemon away from being the ultimate dragon trainer, a feat that has had its ups and downs. Clearly the 8th gym being
Ice
does not help my cause here, but me and mine have overcome everything thrown at us. Goodra was beasting, taking Ice Beams to the face without a hitch. Here's the team so far!

As Dragon is my favorite type, I wish you the best on your endeavor!

Renoir

does any one know a way to figure out a pokemon typing without always looking on line?

so far anything with yellow and black > lighting
anything red > fire

i fought a hippo, i would think it would be a water type but that shit was rock.

fc: 3153 3811 3474

georly

This is seriously the hardest game I've ever played. I get stuck for hours every 5 minutes of progress. It's awful. I'm about to quit for the day even though I just got it.

Every time I catch a pokemon, it asks for a nickname, and it takes me HOURS to think of one that is fitting. I'm on my 3rd pokemon and I don't know if I can handle any more.

Berordn

Can anyone explain to me what the Super Training does? I never did EV training in the older Pokemon games, so I'm pretty confused as to what the benefit is.

I just did all the training courses (soccer mini game) for the various stats of one of my Pokemon. I keep seeing that each stat is increasing by +4, but I don't notice it increasing in the Pokemon's summary page.

So, I'm a little confused in terms of what Super Training actually does. Anyone willing to break it down for me? I tried reading the guide on Serebii but I don't quite understand it fully.

Basically, there's additional values associated with your stats (the game refers to these as Base Stats and the community calls them effort values or EVs). Every time you complete a training session, feed a Pokemon vitamins or receive experience from defeating a Pokemon, you gain these points in the corresponding stat (the amount given by opponent Pokemon varies depending on the species). These values are then used to calculate for additional points in your Pokemon's stats - at level 100, 4 EVs (or base stats or whatever) gives an additional point in a stat. At lower levels the number required is much higher.

Why does that matter? Totally new to this game, lot to learn.

When breeding, species of the offspring is based on the female, while the male partner provides inheritable moves.

Tonezorz

What kind of stuff should I ask for in return for female starters on the GTS? Got lucky and have extra female Charmander and Squirtle so far.

I haven't even progressed past the daycare yet.

Elija2

Has the Pokemon Global Link website been down since release for everyone else? The game keeps telling me to register my Game Sync ID but the site doesn't work for me. It seems odd that it would be down this whole time though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I saw my first ever shiny! A Graveler.

It blew itself up immediately.

Gsnap

ugggggghhhhhhhh...... Just lost my first online match. In spoilers if you care..
It was randoms and he had Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja. I had Pangoro, Aegislash, and Greninja.

He killed my pangoro because I was stupid. But then the fool uses close combat on aegislash. So I one shot him with sacred sword. Then he pulls out mega charizard X. So We're both switching back and forth trying to get the upper hand, and then he manages to burn my greninja. I kill his greninja with mine, but my greninja's leftovers weren't enough and the burn kills me. Then it's Aegislash vs. a weakend charizard X. I was sol close... If only I hadn't been burned.

Oh well. Guess I need to start practicing.

Regiruler

Is it possible to leave out the second exit of terminus cave in the first visit there, or is that area accessed through the guy blocking your way?

Teknoman

Ah, I found her both times.

The first time she says:
あなたは 違う……
Meaning something like "You're wrong/You're not the right [person]/etc."

The second time she says:
…… …… ……
…… …… ……
……ダマレ
……エレベータ ノ
……オトガ キコエヌ

Which is something like "Be quiet, I can't hear the elevator."

What's interesting is that the second time she speaks using only katakana which is something, from my limited Japanese experience, that's reserved for robots/aliens/maybe ghosts/spirits. I'm taking that to mean she might be possessed or in a trance.

Disclaimer: I'm by no means fluent, so take my words with a grain of salt.

Well there is a robot maid that challenges you in the battle chateau. She doesnt look any different, just speaks in all caps, and talks about being programmed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ugggggghhhhhhhh...... Just lost my first online match. In spoilers if you care..
It was randoms and he had Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja. I had Pangoro, Aegislash, and Greninja.

He killed my pangoro because I was stupid. But then the fool uses close combat on aegislash. So I one shot him with sacred sword. Then he pulls out mega charizard X. So We're both switching back and forth trying to get the upper hand, and then he manages to burn my greninja. I kill his greninja with mine, but my greninja's leftovers weren't enough and the burn kills me. Then it's Aegislash vs. a weakend charizard X. I was sol close... If only I hadn't been burned.

Fighting type moves can hit Aegislash? I thought fighting type moves don't work on ghost.

Teknoman

Do random battles level up your Pokemon to 50?

Fighting type moves can hit Aegislash? I thought fighting type moves don't work on ghost.

They can with specific abilities I believe. Or after using certain moves.

Gsnap

No it didn't work. I have no idea why he decided to use that move... But then again, I'm not so smart either, because I gambled that his lucario wouldn't kill my pangoro in one hit...

Sats

Banned
I've decided I'm going to try and train a Spinda. Since it has one of the best animation cycles in the game, and it is very cute.

Get on my level.

Regiruler

Is it possible to leave out the second exit of terminus cave in the first visit there, or is that area accessed through the guy blocking your way?

Quoting because this thread moves too fast.

I can't find the goddamn exit but the area leading up to
mewtwo
having an immediate exit would make no sense so it has to be in the normal area.

This is seriously the hardest game I've ever played. I get stuck for hours every 5 minutes of progress. It's awful. I'm about to quit for the day even though I just got it.

Every time I catch a pokemon, it asks for a nickname, and it takes me HOURS to think of one that is fitting. I'm on my 3rd pokemon and I don't know if I can handle any more.

*laughing* You poor poor thing... what have you gotten yourself into?

Berordn

Ah so its sorta like flat battle rules.

Also lol I dont blame him for using it, since some people still dont see to know Honedge line isnt just pure steel.

Online competition seems to be based on the flat battle rules instead of the free battle rules, which does set everything to level 50.

At least I think that's what it's called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom