• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tusk

So, I'm watching the first ep of the XY anime on youtube and just from the beginning, I can already tell Serena has more of a character than Iris. :p

jred2k

Basically, there's additional values associated with your stats (the game refers to these as Base Stats and the community calls them effort values or EVs). Every time you complete a training session, feed a Pokemon vitamins or receive experience from defeating a Pokemon, you gain these points in the corresponding stat (the amount given by opponent Pokemon varies depending on the species). These values are then used to calculate for additional points in your Pokemon's stats - at level 100, 4 EVs (or base stats or whatever) gives an additional point in a stat. At lower levels the number required is much higher.

When breeding, species of the offspring is based on the female, while the male partner provides inheritable moves.

This is an awesomely helpful post. Would you happen to know a good place to find a summary of natures and abilities?

Teknoman

true. I do enough dumb stuff myself in battles to not be too harsh. It's just funny.

I know the feeling from the other side too though. I managed to steam roll a Charizard with Rollout Quilladin, and then managed to blast through the rest with the same attack, laughing all the way.

Of course I also got stonewalled by a Carbink since I had no idea it was a fairy type. Looked like a rock/ice to me lol.

daftstar

After much though, I finally decided to get a 3DS XL with Pokemon Y. Just reached Lumiose City and I'm loving it so far. The EXP. share really makes me switch Pokemon in battle, something I never did in the past (just used the starter all the way).

I caught a female Litleo and my question is whether it's evolved form varies by gender? It would make sense that the male gets a mane as opposed to a female...

Here's my Friend Code: 0963-0329-7078

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, so it turns out that the ralts
diantha
gives you actually has incredibly good IVs and natures.

So that's one breeding headache solved.

SaberVulcan

Man. Dream abilities are not being kind to me. Bred a box full of Drilburs with 2x Mold Breaker parents... none had it. Then took a break to catch some Dragonairs for Multiscale... nothin.

Guess tomorrow I will dump most of them into Wonder Trade and see how many Caterpies I guess.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just got an Eevee from someone who nicknamed it 8===D lol

Please tell me you can change nicknames.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, just to be sure, the parent who holds everstone passes down the IVs/nature/skill right?

Because I have synchronise on ralts when I would much rather have trace, and I'm wondering if I can keep it's nature and IVs while passing on trace from the other parent.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got an Eevee from someone who nicknamed it 8===D lol

Please tell me you can change nicknames.
Haha, I almost nicknamed I pokemon that with the intention of putting it up on wonder trade. I very likely will still do that.

Berordn

So, just to be sure, the parent who holds everstone passes down the IVs/nature/skill right?

Because I have synchronise on ralts when I would much rather have trace, and I'm wondering if I can keep it's nature and IVs while passing on trace from the other parent.

Everstone only guarantees nature if I remember right, but it's from the parent that holds it.

SaberVulcan

Everstone just guarantees the nature. You can only guarantee 1 IV from a parent by equipping the corresponding Power item. http://i.imgur.com/zJ7tzWD.png this might help explain it.

What? The Friend Safari? The Battle Institute? The Battle Maison and Chateau? The Looker missions in Lumiose?

Is that it? Very underwhelming. The post game content with Black and White were good.

But this...I just feel no reason to keep playing after I beat the Elite Four. I guess I could get the moves I want Yanmega to know...but thats about it.

PS: I'm probably the only one, but I never liked the Battle ________ places. Don't know why.

Raven77

So I want to make a pokemon specifically used when I'm hunting and trying to catch pokemon.

Who early on can learn False Swipe AND Infestation? I am only around Route 7 and the Parfume Palace area.

Sats

Banned
Is that it? Very underwhelming. The post game content with Black and White were good.

But this...I just feel no reason to keep playing after I beat the Elite Four. I guess I could get the moves I want Yanmega to know...but thats about it.

PS: I'm probably the only one, but I never liked the Battle ________ places. Don't know why.

Have you tried going to every town to see if there is anything else that will interesting you?

What exactly is it you want in a Pokemon post-game?

ohlawd

BW had a postgame? I'm drawing a blank here.

SaberVulcan

So, what are those items and where can I find them?

Oh god, this breeding rabbit hole *rimshot* is deep and terrifying. D:

The battle...thing in the Safari town. Each one costs 16 BP.

.... Yea i think ill just stick to breeding for natures and doing super training lol

Yeah thats basically all I did back in Pearl, bred for natures and 1-2 good IVs.. had a Ditto with 31 speed so that made things easier. Super training didnt exist back then though, but re-challenging trainers was probably faster anyway. Fight the guy with 6 magikarps wearing the 2x EV item over and over was pretty reliable.

Berordn

The following Pokemon games are the only ones with a decent postgame

Emerald
Platinum
HeartGold/SoulSilver

Any Pokemon game not listed have equally atrocious postgames.

You're forgetting Black and White Version 2, which had a lot of postgame content. Tons of map areas unlocked, a bunch of dungeons, a gigantic legendary roster to hunt down. It was great.

It had a pretty big section of the map that got unlocked, but nothing particularly interesting happened there. There was the little subplot with Looker investigating the sages, but nothing else.

X/Y don't have as much of an map unlock, but there's probably just as much postgame content in it as B/W had. Version 2, on the other hand - it can't even begin to compare to that.

DaBoss

So, what are those items and where can I find them?

Oh god, this breeding rabbit hole *rimshot* is deep and terrifying. D:

The names are here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EV-enhancing_item

You can get them in the Battle Mansion which is post-game.

.... Yea i think ill just stick to breeding for natures and doing super training lol

It's really easy to do. You should read up about it. Bulbapedia and Serebii have easy descriptions.

Have you tried going to every town to see if there is anything else that will interesting you?

What exactly is it you want in a Pokemon post-game?

More areas to explore after the Elite Four, The ability to fucking battle people again that you've already battled.
The Elite Four to have stronger god damn Pokemon the second time around.
Come on.

After you beat the Elite four, a whole new side of Unova opens up to explore.

Or is that BW2?

ohlawd

It had a pretty big section of the map that got unlocked, but nothing particularly interesting happened there. There was the little subplot with Looker investigating the sages, but nothing else.

X/Y don't have as much of an map unlock, but there's probably just as much postgame content in it as B/W had. Version 2, on the other hand - it can't even begin to compare to that.

Now I remember. Confirms it then; BW had a crap postgame.

edit: BW2 wasn't that big on postgame either I feel. The new areas weren't substantial. But it did have the Pokemon Tournament and GF did a good job hitting my nostalgia nerves.

Alright I'll concede. BW2 had an okay postgame, not decent so I won't list it with other 3.

Sigmaah

If anyone wants me to get them a modest fennekin I can. Everstone correct?

Also looking for Larvesta, if anyone has it please lemme get one lol.

Trying to catch a timid nature Lampent. Caught like 15 so far and no luck.

Sats

Banned
You're forgetting Black and White Version 2, which had a lot of postgame content. Tons of map areas unlocked, a bunch of dungeons, a gigantic legendary roster to hunt down. It was great.

Also X/Y has many areas that we have no idea what to do, or what triggers their events, so maybe people should try exploring more?

We've got the power plants, all the secret cave rooms, and especially big is the mysterious item that we are told comes from none of the other regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom