• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Man where the hell you guys keep encountering shinies. I've played every gen extensively and I've never encountered a shiny in my entire life

But it is a boring game :'(

1.Get a max EV Tyrunt/Tyrantrum

2.Two/three shot balloons

3.Win at life

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Question: If you use a copy of one version and save a file in your 3DS, and then you put a copy of another version in your 3DS and save in that one, will the latter version's save override the former one?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Question: If you use a copy of one version and save in your 3DS, and then you put a copy of another version in your 3DS and play, will the latter version's save override the former one?

Games are saved on the cartridges, not the 3DS. Unless you're downloading them from the eshop where they'd be saved separately

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Games are saved on the cartridges, not the 3DS. Unless you're downloading them from the eshop where they'd be saved separately

I see. So, in that case, both copies would use the same friend code, right?

-Horizon-

So I hate Fennekins evos...they are especially so feminine for a male one i have...is there a way to not have to keep tapping b after a level up to prevent evolution? Like something permanent?
Give the pokemon an Everstone to hold, you get it from talking to some lady in a house early in the game.

Been playing this game since Wednesday and I love, love, love it~!

I'm not that far in, just got my second badge. I'm just messing around with breeding and super training mostly while I amble about the area. I'm trying to get my favorite Pokes to have ideal nature and EV training. Super training is very fun, but I wish I could obtain more reset bags...

On a related note...after recently breeding my Hawlucha, I hatched a SHINY Hawlucha~!. The first shiny I've ever got in a Pokemon game.

DMG-01

Here's the link incase you need it. They have both episodes uploaded, but they're each split into two parts for some reason. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7k5NLQDwNk

Thanks.

My thoughts on eps 1 & 2:
-Pikachu was of course level'd down again, but not as much as in BW, but he also didn't have a reason to be powered down like he did in BW (Zekrom zapped him in ep 1). I did appreciate Ash's strategy of occupying Bunnelby's ears so that he couldn't use them to ground Pikachu's attacks. Maybe Ash will be smart this season?
-Little girl (whatever her name is) is already better than Max since it looks like she gets a Dedenne. I still don't like her yet though.
-Shitoron (Elec gym leader) has potential, and I dig his gimmicky inventions. He seems to not be a gym leader though since Sycamore didn't know him. They'll probably handle it however they handled Iris being a gym leader/champion in BW. I didn't watch it so I don't know.
-It looks like the way they're handling Serena/Ash will make whatever shipping constituencies of the fandom very excited one way or another.
-Ash jumping off of Prism Tower was a total boss move.
-Froakie seems pretty cool. Cooler than I remember Treecko being.
-Team Rocket is just as groan-inducing as ever, but I did crack a short laugh when They got OHKO'd so quickly by the Garchomp right after they had just tried to control him.
-Who's that Pokémon got so nerfed that it's embarrassing. Matching side-by-side silhouettes isn't a challenge.
-I stopped watching BW way back when when the earthquake hit Japan and there was a long break, so barring any natural disasters I'll keep watching as more episodes come out.

Quest1

I told myself my first playthrough would be super causal and exploratory but my pokeOCD kicked in and I ended up trying to find perfect natures for each pokemon I wanted to use. Then I had to EV them because you can't buy reset bags. Then every time I ran into someone new to use, I stopped to EV again.

Tl;dr
30 hours in, 3 badges. BUT, 6 fully ev'd pkmn with pretty solid natures and an Adamant Tyrantrum that I'm pretty happy to have.

DMG-01

I told myself my first playthrough would be super causal and exploratory but my pokeOCD kicked in and I ended up trying to find perfect natures for each pokemon I wanted to use. Then I had to EV them because you can't buy reset bags. Then every time I ran into someone new to use, I stopped to EV again.

Tl;dr
30 hours in, 3 badges. BUT, 6 fully ev'd pkmn with pretty solid natures and an Adamant Tyrantrum that I'm pretty happy to have.

But you didn't go deep enough since their IVs are garbage in all likelihood. Quick, to the daycare!!

Shoyz

Ugh, tried doing a restaurant battle for the first time.

I'm supposed to win a triple battle in 3 turns, okay. I kill one each turn. Final pokemon..uses protect. Seriously? The restaurant waiter purposely made my food go to waste?

:v

Tl;dr

This is basically my playstyle verbatim.

Quest1

But you didn't go deep enough since their IVs are garbage in all likelihood. Quick, to the daycare!!

Not quiet yet. I know that's gonna be at least a bit easier with friend safari post game. Which is why I should be more casual about my in game team...

Speaking of safari: 3024-5265-5661
PM if you add me please!

DMG-01

Where can I get a Metal Coat?
1. Trade a Luvdisc for the Steelix from that dude in the Rock gym town above Route 8.
2. Have only the Steelix in your party and have it faint in battle to a fire attack.
3. When you come to in the Pokécenter, he'll be an Onix holding a Metal Coat.
Not quiet yet. I know that's gonna be at least a bit easier with friend safari post game. Which is why I should be more casual about my in game team...

Speaking of safari: 3024-5265-5661
PM if you add me please!

Added. Quote for my FC.
4339-2494-8201

Teknoman

Tl;dr

Thats what i'm going to do. Fully train my main party so I have something to fight with if any random tournaments happen, then continue on my journey. Wait awhile until EV training the rest of the Pokemon I want.

Pokeball factory

1. Trade a Luvdisc for the Steelix from that dude in the Rock gym town above Route 8.
2. Have only the Steelix in your party and have it faint in battle to a fire attack.

Thanks.

Ha, I just traded away the Luvdisc I had as I was typing this, lol. Are there any I can capture around route 8? I don't have a fishing rod yet, though

Dorj

Banned

wow, what a glitch

jwhit28

I kind of like the Super Training. For whatever stat I want to max out first I use Mewtwo and beat the game in like 15 seconds, then use the bags to raise the Pokemon's stats that I'm EV training. After I max out one stat that way (usually Attack or Sp. Attack unless my Pokemon doesn't need those) I just switch to doing the training with that Pokemon and it is smooth sailing.

I'm definitely looking into the EV training with hordes though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just so you know, I'm joking. I don't want you to actually waste your time trying that out. :p

Nope, subs aren't out yet. If you really wanted to watch it though, the dialogue isn't really that important.

I have no idea what this says about the anime. :p

Thanks.

My thoughts on eps 1 & 2:
-Pikachu was of course level'd down again, but not as much as in BW, but he also didn't have a reason to be powered down like he did in BW (Zekrom zapped him in ep 1). I did appreciate Ash's strategy of occupying Bunnelby's ears so that he couldn't use them to ground Pikachu's attacks. Maybe Ash will be smart this season?
-Little girl (whatever her name is) is already better than Max since it looks like she gets a Dedenne. I still don't like her yet though.
-Shitoron (Elec gym leader) has potential, and I dig his gimmicky inventions. He seems to not be a gym leader though since Sycamore didn't know him. They'll probably handle it however they handled Iris being a gym leader/champion in BW. I didn't watch it so I don't know.
-It looks like the way they're handling Serena/Ash will make whatever shipping constituencies of the fandom very excited one way or another.
-Ash jumping off of Prism Tower was a total boss move.
-Froakie seems pretty cool. Cooler than I remember Treecko being.
-Team Rocket is just as groan-inducing as ever, but I did crack a short laugh when They got OHKO'd so quickly by the Garchomp right after they had just tried to control him.
-Who's that Pokémon got so nerfed that it's embarrassing. Matching side-by-side silhouettes isn't a challenge.
-I stopped watching BW way back when when the earthquake hit Japan and there was a long break, so barring any natural disasters I'll keep watching as more episodes come out.

How is the anime these days? I think I stopped watching towards the end of the Advanced Saga. It seemed like each generation was a step down from the last. Has that trend continued?

Teknoman

Is that Steelix thing a glitch or is it actually something thats been around / something Game Freak meant to tie in with the way the universe works?

DMG-01

I have no idea what this says about the anime. :p

Pretty much all TV shows/movies aimed at kids (therefore, lacking in complex plots/details) are like that I'd imagine. TBQH, I know enough Japanese to understand a sizeable chunk of the dialogue, so that post of mine was partly conjecture.

How is the anime these days? I think I stopped watching towards the end of the Advanced Saga. It seemed like each generation was a step down from the last. Has that trend continued?

Not sure. I haven't watched much past the RSE seasons either, but this season seems like it may be alright. It's still rinse and repeat of all the old stuff since it's still aimed at kids, and new kids at that. But I enjoyed seeing the world of Pokémon realized in a slightly more realistic/alive take than in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom