• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You can fight the Luminose Cab Drivers if you don't have enough money to pay them. 0.o

One of them uses a Level 66 Krookodile.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
QUESTION:

Raising a Shellder. Forgot to breed Rock Blast and already fully EV trained. I think I would like Spike Cannon instead. It's a Skill Link set. However, only Cloyster learns Spike Cannon, at Lv. 13. I need to raise Shellder many levels higher to learn other moves like Shell Smash and Razor Shell, moves he can't learn as Cloyster. Can the Move Relearner recall Spike Cannon when I evolve to Cloyster later, even though I hadn't learned it previously since I was still a Shellder when Cloyster would've normally learned it? Or does the Pokémon have to have had the move in its four moves at some point for it to show up on the Move Relearner list?

You should be able to learn it like that. Worst case, you can always check and not commit to anything.

QUESTION:

Raising a Shellder. Forgot to breed Rock Blast and already fully EV trained. I think I would like Spike Cannon instead. It's a Skill Link set. However, only Cloyster learns Spike Cannon, at Lv. 13. I need to raise Shellder many levels higher to learn other moves like Shell Smash and Razor Shell, moves he can't learn as Cloyster. Can the Move Relearner recall Spike Cannon when I evolve to Cloyster later, even though I hadn't learned it previously since I was still a Shellder when Cloyster would've normally learned it? Or does the Pokémon have to have had the move in its four moves at some point for it to show up on the Move Relearner list?
It should be able to but I would redo it for rock blast personally...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Does anyone have a Victory Road habitat listing?
Serebii is missing Surf/Fishing stuff.

I remember seeing Lombre while surfing, and Poliwhirl while fishing. Just off the top of my head, didn't do either for too long. Y version, if that matters.

vall03

So, after several hours of Ditto hunting, I concede that I won't be able to get a Mild and Quirky one. I think I have them back in my White file. Now I have a few extra Dittos I'm willing to trade.

I have 3 Timid, 1 Modest, 1 Adamant, 1 Jolly, 1 Bold Dittos. Anyone interested in them? I also have other Ditto natures, but I think these ones are the most used ones. Don't know their IVs though.

Neiteio

You should be able to learn it like that. Worst case, you can always check and not commit to anything.

It should be able to but I would redo it for rock blast personally...
Thanks guys. And I am considering starting him over for Rock Blast. EV training is a lot of fun in this game so it's easier to make that decision. Seriously, Super Training is like Kid Icarus Uprising, it's great. :)

YoungMoney

So, after several hours of Ditto hunting, I concede that I won't be able to get a Mild and Quirky one. I think I have them back in my White file. Now I have a few extra Dittos I'm willing to trade.

I have 3 Timid, 1 Modest, 1 Adamant, 1 Jolly, 1 Bold Dittos. Anyone interested in them? I also have other Ditto natures, but I think these ones are the most used ones. Don't know their IVs though.

what you looking for? need an adamant ditto.
FC 4871-4462-0432

Neiteio

Eh, on second thought, looking into what I'd need to do to get Rock Blast on Shellder, I don't think it's worth it, even if I hadn't already started breeding/trading. It was hard enough hatching a Skill Link Shellder (nature wasn't hard, though; just had Jolly Ditto hold an Everstone).

I think I'll go the Spike Cannon route, assuming Skill Link applies, since it provide some extra coverage after Shell Smash. This is assuming it can be brought up by the Move Relearner once I evolve into Cloyster. Can anyone confirm whether the Move Relearner offers to help your Pokémon remember moves they never were prompted to learn while being raised? (In this case, because I kept Shellder until many levels past when Cloyster would've learned Spike Cannon)

Thanks guys. And I am considering starting him over for Rock Blast. EV training is a lot of fun in this game so it's easier to make that decision. Seriously, Super Training is like Kid Icarus Uprising, it's great. :)

It can be a bitch starting out if they have poor base stats.

Neiteio

It can be a bitch starting out if they have poor base stats.
I usually just have them Core Train on one of the Large bags from a previous Pokémon. Once they get that initial +12, I go straight to the lv. 2 game, and then after a round of that, and using whatever bag I get, I can straight to the lv. 3. Just remember to charge your shots.

Eh, on second thought, looking into what I'd need to do to get Rock Blast on Shellder, I don't think it's worth it, even if I hadn't already started breeding/trading. It was hard enough hatching a Skill Link Shellder (nature wasn't hard, though; just had Jolly Ditto hold an Everstone).

I think I'll go the Spike Cannon route, assuming Skill Link applies, since it provide some extra coverage after Shell Smash. This is assuming it can be brought up by the Move Relearner once I evolve into Cloyster. Can anyone confirm whether the Move Relearner offers to help your Pokémon remember moves they never were prompted to learn while being raised? (In this case, because I kept Shellder until many levels past when Cloyster would've learned Spike Cannon)

If you breed a female shellder with skill link it has an 80% chance of passing it on.

pariah164

So, I got two boxes of Espurrs from failed Shiny breeding times. They are all in Luxury Balls. I am tempted to Wonder Trade them, but knowing me, someone will go "WHO THE BALLS IS SENDING ALL THESE ESPURRS OVER WONDER TRADE?!"

... I don't want to incur any wrath.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Do you get to expand your storage space in the game? seven boxes doesn't seem like enough. Are they really pushing the pokebank that much?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I usually just have them Core Train on one of the Large bags from a previous Pokémon. Once they get that initial +12, I go straight to the lv. 2 game, and then after a round of that, and using whatever bag I get, I can straight to the lv. 3. Just remember to charge your shots.

The level 1 games are super easy to finish though and you can more often than not get the L bag of whichever stat you want.

t26

It works as long as the pokemon can learn it. According to serebii Cloyster can relearn Spike Cannon.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/091.shtml

TBH Spike Cannon is a pretty useless move, here is a much better move list http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/cloyster

Neiteio

It works as long as the pokemon can learn it. According to serebii Cloyster can relearn Spike Cannon.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/091.shtml

TBH Spike Cannon is a pretty useless move, here is a much better move list http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/cloyster
Spike Cannon, if it works with Skill Link, would be a guaranteed five hits, at 20 BP a pop, for 100BP with 100% accuracy. After Shell Smash, and with max Attack EVs, it'd pack a punch. Although perhaps Return would be just as suitable.

Thing with the Smogon link you posted is the only move they list that I don't have is Rock Blast. I was already planning on Shell Smash, Icicle Spear and either Razor Shell or Hydro Pump. Since I missed Rock Blast, maybe I should just include both Razor Shell and Hydro Pump, for breaking physical walls and special walls, respectively.

Maybe Toxic would be nice? Or Explosion to go out with a bang?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I don't suppose anyone knows how to start the looker detective agency quest?

and don't say fly to lumiose city in post game or i'll hurt you.

:(

sighs.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't suppose anyone knows how to start the looker detective agency quest?

and don't say fly to lumiose city in post game or i'll hurt you.

:(

sighs.
Beat the game, go talk to the professor and receive the TMV pass.
In Kiloude City go in the battle Mansion and win at least 1 battle.
Then in Kiloude City go north and you will find you rival, beat him.
He will then ask you to go talk to the professor in Anistar city in front of the huge Crystal.
Then fly to Lumiose

Neiteio

Hmm, Cloyster can learn Poison Jab, an 80BP/100% Acc physical move that with his EV investment in Attack and Shell Smash boost could help me ward off the Fairy menace.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What is with the distribution of poison and steel moves? Everything and it's grandma is now fairy and hardly anyone gets access to the only super-effective moves.

Mr. Fix

Yeah, go ahead and skip to Black 2. Story isn't that important in Pokemon and you get the nice gameplay improvements.

Yes, and probably better if yours are properly EV trained and his aren't done gaining EVs/aren't properly trained. Leveling doesn't really matter for WiFi battles due to the auto-level to 50. As long as it's EV trained, moveset good to go, you're pretty much "done" as far as training it.

Oh snap, thanks a ton!

Why is every npc in every Pokemon game a complete moron?

"H-how did you beat me? It must be the strong bond you have with your Charizard!"

Hey, maybe it's because your team consists of only two under leveled pokemon and they're both bug type, you fuckin idiot.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Beat the game, go talk to the professor and receive the TMV pass.
In Kiloude City go in the battle Mansion and win at least 1 battle.
Then in Kiloude City go north and you will find you rival, beat him.
He will then ask you to go talk to the professor in Anistar city in front of the huge Crystal.
Then fly to Lumiose

Thank you very much for this :) I've read so many sites and threads over the googles this last few hours, and all people said was "fly to lumiose"

t26

Spike Cannon, if it works with Skill Link, would be a guaranteed five hits, at 20 BP a pop, for 100BP with 100% accuracy. After Shell Smash, and with max Attack EVs, it'd pack a punch. Although perhaps Return would be just as suitable.

Thing with the Smogon link you posted is the only move they list that I don't have is Rock Blast. I was already planning on Shell Smash, Icicle Spear and either Razor Shell or Hydro Pump. Since I missed Rock Blast, maybe I should just include both Razor Shell and Hydro Pump, for breaking physical walls and special walls, respectively.

Maybe Toxic would be nice? Or Explosion to go out with a bang?

Right but why have both Spike Cannon and Icicle Spear? Spike Cannon does less damage and is a normal type move. If something resist ice attack just use hydro pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom