• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSLink

Banned
1. Trade a Luvdisc for the Steelix from that dude in the Rock gym town above Route 8.
2. Have only the Steelix in your party and have it faint in battle to a fire attack.
3. When you come to in the Pokécenter, he'll be an Onix holding a Metal Coat.

Ahahaha wtf at that glitch to get a Metal Coat.
EDIT: Oh never mind. That'd be hilarious if that could work though, or if a Flamethrower could de-evolve Onix.

Speaking of which, it is kinda disappointing that Knock Off doesn't work on mega stones if they don't use their stone right away. :/

Shengar

1. Trade a Luvdisc for the Steelix from that dude in the Rock gym town above Route 8.
2. Have only the Steelix in your party and have it faint in battle to a fire attack.
3. When you come to in the Pokécenter, he'll be an Onix holding a Metal Coat.

Added. Quote for my FC.
4339-2494-8201

What's this I don't even @___@

Mr. Fix

Reposting for the new page:

Would it be fine if I skipped Black 1 and go straight into Black 2? The only reason why I'd want to go back is to see how Alder, Ghetsis and N play into the story (so not a huge deal, lol). No extra content is lost between the two?

1. Also, because the online scales levels to 50, would my team of EV trained pokemon be able to go toe-to-toe with say, a friend's level 60 team?

2. I mean, the EV bonuses are all there, they just don't physically show in the numbers, correct?

3. And that means that leveling up wouldn't actually make my pokemon stronger in this case, and its only purpose would be to learn new moves/evolve?

FSLink

Banned
Reposting for the new page:

1. Also, because the online scales levels to 50, would my team of EV trained pokemon be able to go toe-to-toe with say, a friend's level 60 team?

2. I mean, the EV bonuses are all there, they just don't physically show in the numbers, correct?

3. And that means that leveling up wouldn't actually make my pokemon stronger in this case, and its only purpose would be to learn new moves/evolve?

Yeah, go ahead and skip to Black 2. Story isn't that important in Pokemon and you get the nice gameplay improvements.

Yes, and probably better if yours are properly EV trained and his aren't done gaining EVs/aren't properly trained. Leveling doesn't really matter for WiFi battles due to the auto-level to 50. As long as it's EV trained, moveset good to go, you're pretty much "done" as far as training it.

I asked this earlier and got no answer but is anyone familiar with how long it takes for active pokerus to spread amongst the pokemon residing in your party? I want to spread and infect everywhere :)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Sorry, unknownstranger, don't know if you wanted Scizor to learn the new moves or not, so I kept everything the same just to be safe.

I think you're right. I can't check myself since mah 3DS is far away and too lazy to grab it.

Yeah, there isn't. Just checked ;_;

Also, you should add me.

I asked this earlier and got no answer but is anyone familiar with how long it takes for active pokerus to spread amongst the pokemon residing in your party? I want to spread and infect everywhere :)

Takes about 1-5 wild battles per Pokemon in your party. Sometimes two can be infected at once, depending on where you have the infected one in your party.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw my second shiny today, what the hell? It was a Durant, and this time I caught it!

I don't really want it, so if anyone else does, let me know. I'm not sure what I'd want to trade it for, but I'll think about it, and feel free to make some offers.

Takes about 1-5 wild battles per Pokemon in your party. Sometimes two can be infected at once, depending on where you have the infected one in your party.

Hmm so worse case scenario is 30 wild poke battles for full contagion infection eh?....Its worth it. Thanks for the answer!

Gsnap

Game Sync finally worked. Here's my team for the Elite 4.

OMrjQEA.png

Gsnap

no fairy type

shit team

:p

haha. Who needs fairies when Aurorus has hyper beam?

It actually kinda sucks, because so far, the fairy types haven't had designs that I've liked, with a few exceptions like sylveon. I base my single player team on style.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
haha. Who needs fairies when Aurorus has hyper beam?

It actually kinda sucks, because so far, the fairy types haven't had designs that I've liked, with a few exceptions like sylveon. I base my single player team on style.
I looooove the fairies, especially Aromatisse, but also Florages and Klefki (though Klefki is pretty weak). Fairies aren't just strong against dragons, too. Aromatisse is my go-to for fighting type and dark type.

But yeah, you can of course use whatever pokemon you want. :)

jrDev

Is there a reason to waste money tipping people?

Also, am I not able to poison a Pokemon when they are paralyzed and vice versa?

Gsnap

I looooove the fairies, especially Aromatisse, but also Florages and Klefki (though Klefki is pretty weak). Fairies aren't just strong against dragons, too. Aromatisse is my go-to for fighting type and dark type.

But yeah, you can of course use whatever pokemon you want. :)

That fairy rock was kinda cool. Forgot its name.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is there a reason to waste money tipping people?

Also, am I not able to poison a Pokemon when they are paralyzed and vice versa?

You can only have one status effect at a time out of poison, sleep, paralysis, burn, frozen. You can have one of those with confusion, attraction, curse, etc though.

That fairy rock was kinda cool. Forgot its name.

Carbink

Neiteio

QUESTION:

Raising a Shellder. Forgot to breed Rock Blast and already fully EV trained. I think I would like Spike Cannon instead. It's a Skill Link set. However, only Cloyster learns Spike Cannon, at Lv. 13. I need to raise Shellder many levels higher to learn other moves like Shell Smash and Razor Shell, moves he can't learn as Cloyster. Can the Move Relearner recall Spike Cannon when I evolve to Cloyster later, even though I hadn't learned it previously since I was still a Shellder when Cloyster would've normally learned it? Or does the Pokémon have to have had the move in its four moves at some point for it to show up on the Move Relearner list?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just spent the past half hour doing Wonder Trade and reading GAF, lol. Wonder Trade is pretty addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom