• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ah! Played through the mirror cave yesterday. Finally something that was somewhat of a challenge (I'm horribly overleveled I guess so it's sorta my fault :()

Had my first two team members actually faint in there :O

I wish they had included some sort of hard mode for the story playthrough, though I get that it's supposed to have a broad appeal and all.

This is my first time playing a pokemon game, I am by all means scrub league player (probably why I waste so much time out in the wild getting overleveled as well) and I feel I should be punished more for it :p

Delphox is so clutch, oh my God. I see the value of EV training now, and I love the fact that Super Training exists to make it so easy. I was doing a ranked battle, both sides down to our last Pokemon. Now, I had already used Mega Charizard, and I realized that my opponent had a
Gardevoir
, so I figured Mega
Gardevoir
. I was correct. That was his last ditch. I used Hidden Power
Dark
before remembering that
Gardevoir is part Fairy now.
Fuck. It doesn't do too much. He uses Calm Mind, and now I'm really like "fuck," what do I do now? But I still had some sunlight left from Mega Charizard, so I take advantage of it and hit with a Flamethrower anyways (I should note - my Delphox is EV trained, but with a neutral nature... even still, it's faster than anything he has, easy). Does some decent damage, his health is yellow, and he hits me with
Psychic
... takes me down maybe to 2/5ths of my life. Not low enough to take advantage of Blaze, but low enough that if he hit me again, I'd be done.

So I hit him with Psyshock, after recognizing a couple of things
he hit me with Psychic, and I wasn't resistant
, so it could do decent damage to him as well. Plus
Mega Gardevoir
appeared to be all about the special stats, so I'd hit the physical. It was enough to grab the win. Sogood.

nubbe

sakurai_zps35514482.png

Pokemon Stadium U confirmed

Neiteio

Delphox is so clutch, oh my God. I see the value of EV training now, and I love the fact that Super Training exists to make it so easy. I was doing a ranked battle, both sides down to our last Pokemon. Now, I had already used Mega Charizard, and I realized that my opponent had a
Gardevoir
, so I figured Mega
Gardevoir
. I was correct. That was his last ditch. I used Hidden Power
Dark
before remembering that
Gardevoir is part Fairy now.
Fuck. It doesn't do too much. He uses Calm Mind, and now I'm really like "fuck," what do I do now? But I still had some sunlight left from Mega Charizard, so I take advantage of it and hit with a Flamethrower anyways (I should note - my Delphox is EV trained, but with a neutral nature... even still, it's faster than anything he has, easy). Does some decent damage, his health is yellow, and he hits me with
Psychic
... takes me down maybe to 2/5ths of my life. Not low enough to take advantage of Blaze, but low enough that if he hit me again, I'd be done.

So I hit him with Psyshock, after recognizing a couple of things
he hit me with Psychic, and I wasn't resistant
, so it could do decent damage to him as well. Plus
Mega Gardevoir
appeared to be all about the special stats, so I'd hit the physical. It was enough to grab the win. Sogood.
Nice war story. :)

Busaiku

Pikachu easily destroyed the entire Elite 4.
Should've just gone with him.

Only time he was out of the battle was when he was forcefully switched.

Dranakin

Hmmmmm...can't seem to trade on GTS at all. I can deposit and seek other Pokemon, but when I initiate a trade, I get the communication error and have to shut down my game.

pizza dog

Banned
Team Flare showdown happening right now. I'm so glad this game just straight up confirms Pokémen were used in war in the world's past. Guess that makes Pokémon Conquest canonical :D

this guy

It was the same in Black/White 2 as well. Honestly thought they should have toned it down a bit to give Gen VI pokemon more spotlight.
Yea I can understand that, but I like it. The first 251 Pokemon hold a soft spot in my heart, so being able to capture a Pidgey, Pikachu, and even Dunsparce with Serene Grace right off the bat is neat.

Busaiku

Oh whew, I'm so glad.
When I read that Shauna gave you the Pokemon weak to your starter, I thought she was gonna give me her Froakie.
I would've felt really bad if she gave up her lil Froakie.

Morokh

Playing this game without the Exp Share makes for a quite interesting jump in level when you reach Victory road, even if you did grind a bit.

Got myself in a bit of trouble when wanting to take a peak at the E4, saved in what I thought was the room before them, when it was actually the blue room where you reach them all .... was under leveled and unprepared item wise, and couldn't go back ... xD tried my luck and got wiped by the Leviator :( ... I was MAD ! >_<

Also Vivillon was quite useful through the adventure, but since the 6th gym he really fell behind in usefulness (and he shares many weaknesses with others in my team), may have to replace him before I go back there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I picked Chespin which I regret, I shoulda went with froakie.
Yeah, I went with Froakie luckily!

That is a Mystery Gift. To get that, go to the beginning screen and select "Mystery Gift" them get it via the Internet. After that, you can just pick it up at any Pokemon Center.
Yeah, I had to reset the game to get to it. I thought it would be in the in-game menu for some reason.

Atlantis

Also Vivillon was quite useful through the adventure, but since the 6th gym he really fell behind in usefulness (and he shares many weaknesses with others in my team), may have to replace him before I go back there.

Not sure what level you are, but with Sleep Powder, Hurricane, Quiver Dance, and CompoundEyes he kicks a bit of butt.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
My Charizard gets ~120, my Pumpkaboo gets ~40. Both max EV'd now. Unless there's more differences.

yeh! each stat gives something different, so charizard does 120 damage with a soccer ball hit (ill assume thats what you mean) because he has a higher special attack stat, but pumpkaboo might be able to shoot quicker (speed) or might take less damage when hit by a soccer ball

Now I am close to the end of the game and am very disappointed with the new pokemons for most part. The psychic type has gotten the least interesting pokemons. I appreciate the new unique ghost types but psychic pokemons have always had interesting designs traditionally.
The only psychic pokemon I am interested in in this game is the starter fox which I want to get through trading.

I find myself changing clothes quite regularly. When she's walking around in the mountain regions and I see her breathing cold hair and wearing hot pants, I just think, you poor girl! Out on some jeans! Now I need the trench and she's all set.

Sadist

Some poor girl challenged me to a battle with a Froagadier, Pidgeotto and Pikachu. She was so confident. My Charizard didn't give a fuck. Felt bad, so I gave her a Squirtle :(

Saprol

Some poor girl challenged me to a battle with a Froagadier, Pidgeotto and Pikachu. She was so confident. My Charizard didn't give a fuck. Felt bad, so I gave her a Squirtle :(
I've only been challenged once. Felt bad seeing his levels at party preview and even worse when he led with his Pancham against Tyrantrum.

Odd question, but I couldn't find any information on it anywhere. Is there a way to re-watch cutscenes at any point?
Holo caster ones can be re-watched. Use the key items holo caster; not the PSS version...

I should note the Holo caster has both gyro and 3D enabled. Take that Mario and Luigi Dream Team Bros...

Hmmmmm...can't seem to trade on GTS at all. I can deposit and seek other Pokemon, but when I initiate a trade, I get the communication error and have to shut down my game.
Are you filtering by what you have? I find that when I do that I get communication error.

Another annoyance is that damn Blaziken. The speed boost ability is really OP. And EVERYONE uses it haha.
Yeah, it's really annoying when they have megas and Legendaries. :(
Edit: What the heck is wrong with Mobile GAF?!
Reply button disappearing after pressing refresh button! :(

Finally caught my first shiny of the game, after accidentally killing the Shiny Tentacool I met a couple days back :p

That's beautiful! Still waiting for my first Gen 6 shiny. Only had a single shiny on Gen 5, and that was from Masuda Method + Shiny Charm breeding...

Another annoyance is that damn Blaziken. The speed boost ability is really OP. And EVERYONE uses it haha.

Ha, mine is still a Torchic in my Fire box, waiting to be loved.

ramyeon

Yeah, it's really annoying when they have megas and Legendaries. :(
Edit: What the heck is wrong with Mobile GAF?!
Reply button disappearing after pressing refresh button! :(
Yeah, every team I've fought so far has had a Starter/Charizard/Blaziken/Legendary combination...
That's beautiful! Still waiting for my first Gen 6 shiny. Only had a single shiny on Gen 5, and that was from Masuda Method + Shiny Charm breeding...

Ha, mine is still a Torchic in my Fire box, waiting to be loved.
Haha me too, I boxed mine right away. I'd feel bad using it online tbh. As with any legendaries.

I've only been challenged once. Felt bad seeing his levels at party preview and even worse when he led with his Pancham against Tyrantrum.

Ha, I was challenged once ... by some guy with a "mega team" (As in, all of his Pokemon were ones we know have mega-evols. Blaziken/ Blast/ Aerodactyl/ Venus and some others).

What did I have? My over leveled Delphox, decent level Talonflame and Lapris, my Panda HM slave some noob-mon I was training and a Gloom. Left the Gloom cause I thought the match wasn't gonna go my way anyway so why bother. This happened when I was horde farming.

He took out my Delphox with his MEGA-Blastoise after she ripped through his Venus and Blaziken ... and even that was a very close one. Talonflame finished it off before the jerk rage quit on me :p

Oh God, Route 13 is the worst.
A good tip is flying types are unaffected by arena trap so you can run.

But the route has visible encounters...that you can't avoid due to the wind. Gible that proves hard to catch as it will kill itself with take down (I should really GTS one of these) and generally have trolly-AI (it only uses take down when it is on 1HP for me, why did Sleep powder have to miss...).

I hate trying to catch Pokemon from hordes so much. My 87 Talonflame died to a horde of level 11 stunky because I got poisoned and every one I killed had aftermath. -_-'

A good tip is flying types are unaffected by arena trap so you can run.

But the route has visible encounters...that you can't avoid due to the wind. Gible that proves hard to catch as it will kill itself with take down (I should really GTS one of these) and generally have trolly-AI (it only uses take down when it is on 1HP for me, why did Sleep powder have to miss...).

Come back later and mindlessly chuck ultra balls like I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom