• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragus

Banned
20 hours and 5 badges in. Finally, I have completed making my team.

i8rxfN6yIKy4A.png

Trying to breed a decent Swords Dance Garchomp (I need a good EQ er that's fast enough to sweep)

If anyone has a spare Yache berry could they trade one over? I have decent Pokemon to trade.

Also looking to trade My charizardite X away for a Blastoisnite.

Meteorain

A good tip is flying types are unaffected by arena trap so you can run.

But the route has visible encounters...that you can't avoid due to the wind. Gible that proves hard to catch as it will kill itself with take down (I should really GTS one of these) and generally have trolly-AI (it only uses take down when it is on 1HP for me, why did Sleep powder have to miss...).

Oh yes that Gible is a piece of shit. It would rather die than be caught. I wasted a bunch of Ultra balls when it had literally maybe 2-5hp and it refused to be caught. Had to kill it.

Hobobloke

Is there a list of what's exclusive to each version yet? Going to be picking up the game next week when I'm done with assignments and haven't decided on which.

teeny

I love most of this generations new pokes. Finished with:

Pangoro - Blueberry
Goodra - Pillsbury
Malamar - Ursula
Greninja - Waka
Talonflame - Fawkes
Gourgeist - Butternut

HBpS8jj.jpg

Gonna train up a few mons I like for the post game. Focus is on catching and evolving everything before battling, but the competitive side is tempting me this time round.

Stuart444

Just checking but when I hatch my Eevee and start training it, if it starts to evolve before it learns a fairy move, I should stop it's evolution (otherwise it will turn into Espeon/Umbreon) right?

Just checking but when I hatch my Eevee and start training it, if it starts to evolve before it learns a fairy move, I should stop it's evolution (otherwise it will turn into Espeon/Umbreon) right?
Yeah don't let it evolve if it hasn't gotten a Fairy Move.
Here's what I did.
-Super Train
-Level up to get Baby Doll Eyes (Lv9 iirc)
-Raise affection to 2 hearts in Amie
-Level up

Again, thank you :D
Enjoy your Mega Gengar :)

Portugeezer

Hey GAF I'm not playing right now, but there is once city (near around Route 15) where some guy says something like "you Pokemon is working hard, but he has to work a little harder to get something special from me", what is that?

Though certain textures at time look like a SNES game - shame on you Gamefreak/Nintendo - I don't I think it's due to hardware limitations, I don't think it's to do with the power of the system.

(has anyone been on the building that shows the whole area, where that dude lost his Furfrou... the view looks like this)
link-to-the-past-world-map.png

They almost certainly did it due to battery issues. Imagine only having 2.30 hours before the red light started flashing on the 3DS; doesn't really fit Pokemon. With 2D you can get about 5 hours which is much better.

MegaMelon

Currently using a Modest Ralts synchronizer for Yveltal. Please game, I just want a modest x/x/x/31/x/31 Yveltal. Stop giving me 31 iv attack modest ones!

MarkusRJR

What stats should I EV train on a Mawile? I'd imagine them being Atk and Def going off my current stats but I'd thought I'd ask, considering I'm not sure if he learns some bad as special fairy moves or not.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
There are plenty! Just leave your friend code and i'll add you.
May I ask you to save one for me then, please? My FC is: 0877 - 0714 - 7081

I'm heading off to work now, so I'll be able to trade tonight, or whenever you can tomorrow.

Aad

So can everyone post their teams? I want some ideas forming my own.

So far I have:
Greninja
Charizard

Playing Pokémon X. Any advice?

Shengar

I want the Dratini but my internet connection are crap as fuck that it might annoyed XDDX off D:

Also my team
Chesnaught
Fiarrow
Florges
Clawitzer
Dragalge
Aegislash

Hoax

Neo Member
Anyone can help me out with evolving haunter and kadabra? I'm all alone in this 3ds world... so cold! I think i sent a pm to KHlover but might have gone wrong! :x

Also my team!

Charizard
Pangoro
Kadabra
Graninja
Haunter
Goomy

Vooduu

So can everyone post their teams? I want some ideas forming my own.

So far I have:
Greninja
Charizard

Playing Pokémon X. Any advice?

Story/Gyms/Elite 4, use whatever you like and blow through the game.

As far as meta/post game, I have Greninja, dropping Charizard for Venusaur (as soon as I find a Bulba >.<), dropped Tyrantrum for Fennekin, Noivern, Lucario, and Gengar.

Edit: Noivern is a total monster.

JoeM86

Is there anything you guys haven't seen me write about yet? Actually struggling to think of what to do next outside of movesets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom