• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoyz

yeh! each stat gives something different, so charizard does 120 damage with a soccer ball hit (ill assume thats what you mean) because he has a higher special attack stat, but pumpkaboo might be able to shoot quicker (speed) or might take less damage when hit by a soccer ball

Late response but Charizard is mixed up whereas Pumpkaboo was trained in SP. Attack and Defense, so no idea.

At first I was disappointed that when looking for a shiny Phantump or Lampent I ended up getting the Dusclops instead, but not so much after seeing it's fantastic evolution change:
RtfukIj.png
->
r8gsILW.png

Portugeezer

Any hold items which increase accuracy?

If so where can I find it?

I can only find once which increase critical hit or increase chance of enemy moves missing.

Morokh

#gamechanger

Serebii said:
Another new feature is the furthering of IV transfer. Previously, when the parent Pokémon had power items attached, it guaranteed the transfer of one of the IVs, while several IVs were guaranteed to pass down. However, as of X & Y, if you have one of the parents hold the Destiny Knot item, then 5 IVs total from either parent will be guaranteed to be transferred

Anybody happen to have a female Scyther with the Technician ability they'd be willing to trade? If anybody needs an incentive I can offer a Larvesta, Vulpix, or any gen 1 starter. I'd have to breed the Vulpix or Charmander first, but I have females ones that I can breed quickly. Just let me know what you need.

My FC: 3067-4732-1227

WonderPup

That the two all 31IV Dittos I have on SoulSilver are going to make things boring rather than easy.

Boring? I always felt that standard breeding was boring -- biking back and forth, waiting on stuff to hatch; flying to the IV judge; repeat.

I like what they're doing this generation. They can make RNG exploitation impossible, as far as I'm concerned, if they make breeding easier and more enjoyable.

I'm really happy we got a Pokemon with Flame Body that can use Fly, too. It just cuts down on the hassle.

Dorj

Banned
After an eventful night of trading I'm able to offer some interesting Mons (will be breed):

Fennekin - Magician
Froakie - Protean
Charmander - Solar Power
Vulpix - Drought
Growlithe - Justified
Snorunt - Moody
Litwick - Infeltrator
Eevee - Anticipation
Joltik - Swarm, Timid
Riolu - Prankster
Throh - Mold Breaker
Sawk - Mold Breaker
Machop - Steadfast
Mienfoo - Reckless
Tyrogue - Vital Spirit
Sneasel - Pickpocket

Petilil
Pidove
Larvesta
Wurmple
Spheal
Ponyta
also every normal Kanto ad Kalos starter

Mons will also come with free Pokerus, yay~

Looking for:
Shiny Magikarp
Magikarp - Rattled
Shroomish - Quick Feet
Dratini - Marvel Scale
Heracross - Moxie
Togepi
Tynamo
Adamant Technican Scyther holding Metal coat (;D)
other interessting stuff~

FC: 4811-8390-6507

Boring? I always felt that standard breeding was boring -- biking back and forth, waiting on stuff to hatch; flying to the IV judge; repeat.

I like what they're doing this generation. They can make RNG exploitation impossible, as far as I'm concerned, if they make breeding easier and more enjoyable.

I'm really happy we got a Pokemon with Flame Body that can use Fly, too. It just cuts down on the hassle.

Perhaps you are right, but that feeling when you hatched a pokémon with 28-31 in all six IV after hours of breeding was great.

In my case, I already spent many hours to create those Ditto (or maybe I traded them with someone?), so someone who doesn't have anything similar will still have to breed for a while.

edit: which one?

Metallix87

After an eventful night of trading I'm able to offer some interesting Mons (will be breed):

Fennekin - Magician
Froakie - Protean
Charmander - Solar Power
Vulpix - Drought
Growlithe - Justified
Snorunt - Moody
Litwick - Infeltrator
Eevee - Anticipation
Joltik - Swarm, Timid
Riolu - Prankster
Throh - Mold Breaker
Sawk - Mold Breaker
Machop - Steadfast
Mienfoo - Reckless
Tyrogue - Vital Spirit
Sneasel - Pickpocket

Petilil
Pidove
Larvesta
Wurmple
Spheal
Ponyta
also every normal Kanto ad Kalos starter

Mons will also come with free Pokerus, yay~

Looking for:
Shiny Magikarp
Magikarp - Rattled
Shroomish - Quick Feet
Dratini - Marvel Scale
Heracross - Moxie
Togepi
Tynamo
Adamant Technican Scyther holding Metal coat (;D)
other interessting stuff~

FC: 4811-8390-6507

I'll add you when I get out of work. Im going to start breeding Modest Togepis tonight.

WonderPup

Perhaps you are right, but that feeling when you hatched a pokémon with 28-31 in all six IV after hours of breeding was great.

In my case, I already spent many hours to create those Ditto (or maybe I traded them with someone?), so someone who doesn't have anything similar will still have to breed for a while.

edit: which one?

Talonflame. I at least assume it can use Fly (I'm not far along enough to have that yet). I'm looking forward to not swapping between Wingull and Slugma. That was one of the most cumbersome parts of breeding in the past generations.

And yeah, I never got six IVs in that range, but at the VGC Southeast Regionals a couple of years ago, I was able to make it to the top 16 with bred Pokemon. I felt pretty good about it, considering most people who made it that far had RNG'd. I think my best was 4 31s on a Whimsicott.

Talonflame. I at least assume it can use Fly (I'm not far along enough to have that yet). I'm looking forward to not swapping between Wingull and Slugma. That was one of the most cumbersome parts of breeding in the past generations.

And yeah, I never got six IVs in that range, but at the VGC Southeast Regionals a couple of years ago, I was able to make it to the top 16 with bred Pokemon. I felt pretty good about it, considering most people who made it that far had RNG'd. I think my best was 4 31s on a Whimsicott.

Well, I'm just a casual player, I've never been at competitions of any type. I just enjoy the theory and the process of breeding, and I've probably bred under 10 pokémon for which I cared about IVs since gen IV, but I spent a long time with every one of them. Also, the dittos and items helped a lot.

I think too that top 16 is great with only bred pokémon. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the winners were sporting a few all 31IV RNG'd pokémon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So now that wild baby pokemon ensures 2 max IVs and now Destiny Knot ensures 5 IVs being passed down... based Gen VI.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Do I have to go through that cave in which noibat, noibat, larvitar, and durant are located (post 7th gym and the legendary) in order to get to the next city for the last badge?

For some reason my team got fucked up in there. Aside from that, I don't see a clear cut way to get out to another side, so I assume it's there just for a type of exploration? Or do I have to go through it?

bjork

What's the main draw of this IV thing, just for battling other trainers? I mostly play to catch all the guys, but I've never battled another player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom