• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

Noibat has to be one of the most incredibly difficult Pokemon to catch in the series, its encounter rates are awful. I spent over an hour in Terminus Cave chugging Max Repels and transitioning between floors in order to exploit a certain tile that always has a Pokemon falling from the cave ceiling. I kept getting Ariados over and over again, and almost quit out of agony to the point where I thought a shiny Ariados would be more likely.

Finally got a Noibat after far too long, and my intuition said to me that the next immediate encounter would be a Noibat just to make me crazy, and of course it was. At the very least I now have a male and female Noibat, so I won't have to worry about doing this to myself again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Noibat has to be one of the most incredibly difficult Pokemon to catch in the series, its encounter rates are awful. I spent over an hour in Terminus Cave chugging Max Repels and transitioning between floors in order to exploit a certain tile that always has a Pokemon falling from the cave ceiling. I kept getting Ariados over and over again, and almost quit out of agony to the point where I thought a shiny Ariados would be more likely.

Finally got a Noibat after far too long, and my intuition said to me that the next immediate encounter would be a Noibat just to make me crazy, and of course it was. At the very least I now have a male and female Noibat, so I won't have to worry about doing this to myself again.

Hah, funny enough, I always keep getting noibat in the cave phenomena... but it's in Victory Road.

What's this exploitable cave phenomenon you're talking about?

It is insulting that Cottonee isn't catchable in this game, but Petilil is.

It just knows which Gen V grass creature is superior!

Gartooth

Hah, funny enough, I always keep getting noibat in the cave phenomena... but it's in Victory Road.

What's this exploitable cave phenomenon you're talking about?

You know how you encounter Noibat only when a Pokemon falls from the ceiling? Well those encounters still happen even when a repel is activated (to weed out other Pokemon encounters) and in addition these encounters usually happen on the same tile as before. I saw that there is one tile with one of these drop encounters near stairs to another part of the cave. In other words, if I wanted to find a Pokemon on that tile all I would have to do is leave that area of the cave by taking the stairs, and then come back and I would see that the encounter has been reset so I could activate a battle on that same tile again.

Boss Doggie

I never thought that Dragalge would be that slow o_O

Any recommended Nature for Clawitzer?

Modest.

You know how you encounter Noibat only when a Pokemon falls from the ceiling? Well those encounters still happen even when a repel is activated (to weed out other Pokemon encounters) and in addition these encounters usually happen on the same tile as before. I saw that there is one tile with one of these drop encounters near stairs to another part of the cave. In other words, if I wanted to find a Pokemon on that tile all I would have to do is leave that area of the cave by taking the stairs, and then come back and I would see that the encounter has been reset so I could activate a battle on that same tile again.

Ahh thanks! I wonder if I can do the same in the Victory Road cave.

MarkusRJR

Holy shit. Trying to get a Mawile with intimidate and a decent nature is so fucking impossible. Way worse than trying to catch an Eevee with adaptability and a good nature. Been trying for 2 1/2 hours and only have shitty ones. Fuck this cave, wild encounters take forever to find and maybe 5% of the time I get a Mawile, let alone one with the right nature or ability.

What's the main draw of this IV thing, just for battling other trainers? I mostly play to catch all the guys, but I've never battled another player.

It's only really needed for getting optimal stats in serious competitive play.

Or, like in my case, being OCD and a perfectionist :/

Zelias

Banned
Snagged an Anticipation Eevee last night in the Friend Safari. Has near perfect stats to become a Sylveon (perfect HP, SDef, Speed IVs) and a -Atk +SDef nature. Shame Pixilate sucks on it, there really needs to be a special version of Return :/

bjork

It's only really needed for getting optimal stats in serious competitive play.

Or, like in my case, being OCD and a perfectionist :/

Ah, ok. Good to know, I usually try to do "everything" in a game but there's so many variables in Pokemon games that it seems like it would require way more time than I could ever invest. Not too worried about nature or ability, though if I could have an entire pokedex that couldn't be hit with confused status, I would enjoy the entire series way more.

Damian.

Banned
Trying to get on Pokemon Global Link. I made an account a year or more ago, and trying to log in now greets me with:

Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later.
If this message continues to appear after a few hours, please contact customer service.

After a couple of days, it still comes up. I have contacted customer service, but they auto-replied with a list of what they can help me with, nothing about this problem on that list. Any way to quickly resolve this, or should I just make a new account and link Pokemon X to it? I have never linked a previous game to this account, so I wouldn't mind starting over.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, caught Drapion in the wild and Gulpin was in a horde. Spritzee and Electabuzz appeared in my friend safari zones.

Edit; aww, almost last post

I don't see any color difference on that Drapion unless it's due to the photo, could have easily missed it.

i do hope xy2 is more balanced for exp share.

i know blaziken is an event pokemon... but it shouldn't be 47 when leaders and trainers have low 30s... and i haven't even been grinding, just fighting whatever trainers are on the road.

This is confirmed? So all wild pokemon have 2 31s? Also how are you guys checking your IVs other than the dude in that one city?

Nope, only wild baby Pokemon, so Pokemon that can't breed. Nidorina/Nidorino also count in this category.

And what's this Destiny Knot thing? Source?

WonderPup

Holy shit. Trying to get a Mawile with intimidate and a decent nature is so fucking impossible. Way worse than trying to catch an Eevee with adaptability and a good nature. Been trying for 2 1/2 hours and only have shitty ones. Fuck this cave, wild encounters take forever to find and maybe 5% of the time I get a Mawile, let alone one with the right nature or ability.

Are you using a Synchronizer? That could help cut down on some of the work for you.

Boss Doggie

Nope, only wild baby Pokemon, so Pokemon that can't breed. Nidorina/Nidorino also count in this category.

Masuda made a mention about Destiny Knot being important in breeding and all that. Serebii confirmed it it seems.

Nidoqueen you mean. I think Nidorino and Nidoking are in an egg group that is not the "can't breed" one.

The destiny knot thing was tweeted by Masuda. One parent holding means 5 IVs are chosen from parents rather than 3. I guess for the impatient power items will still be better.

Does Togepi count?

So how are people checking IVs? Going into a lv 50 battle to check?
It does as it is in the "can't breed" egg group. I heard it was 3 IVs (2 IVs being non-babies in friend safari).

As for checking, there is an NPC somewhere who comments on IV. Otherwise it is maths of some kind (could also rare candy, check IVs+soft reset)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom