• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Red button and Blue button. Guy with toned glasses giving me the choice. Lol Gamefreak.

Does it make a difference which button I press? I want a non-standard Game Over

None of the buttons get you out.

It's a JRPG. Don't expect otherwise.

ramyeon

Same here. I've played every gen, caught every Pokemon, etc. But I have no clue what IVs are. You people are all crazy!
I've been playing since R/B were first released, although I did skip R/S and B/W. I didn't even pay attention to EVs, IVs or even Breeding until this gen. Now I love it all haha.

Man, everyone on my friends list is ignoring my battle requests! Come on guys :p

emb

Same here. I've played every gen, caught every Pokemon, etc. But I have no clue what IVs are. You people are all crazy!
I'm sort of envious. After you learn about all that stuff, it's hard to shake the feeling that the Pokemon you're using are terrible and sacrificing points for no reason.

The funny thing is, I spend all sorts of time worrying about it and obsessing, and then very rarely actually use them. I had a friend that was equally into it for a while, but ultimately most of us just don't have time to get full teams together.

Korosenai

I've been playing since R/B were first released, although I did skip R/S and B/W. I didn't even pay attention to EVs, IVs or even Breeding until this gen. Now I love it all haha.

Man, everyone on my friends list is ignoring my battle requests! Come on guys :p
Ive played every gen, but I really didnt start ev training until last gen because of how much easier it got. Starting today this will be the first gen in which I iv train as well thanks to destiny knot and that judge in that one city.

Question, since im gonna iv train, should getting a ditto with perfect ivs in all six stats be at the top of my to do list?

emb

Ive played every gen, but I really didnt start ev training until last gen because of how much easier it got. Starting today this will be the first gen in which I iv train as well thanks to destiny knot and that judge in that one city.

Question, since im gonna iv train, should getting a ditto with perfect ivs in all six stats be at the top of my to do list?
If you can, sure. That would be awesome. But considering you can't breed Dittos and they aren't babies/legendaries, I don't think it's an efficient use of time. If you get lucky though, sure.

StayDead

Its probably a stupid question, but is it possible that through breeding here that I'll never even get a shiny? This is turning me insane now :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The friend safari kinda sucks.

I wished that they did the safaris like the ones in RBY again. That was actually a fun place to explore.

Berordn

how do you even get hidden abilities in the first place? horde battles? ability capsule?

Small chance for horde battles, chance in the friend safari. Ability capsule only seems to cycle through "normal" abilities.

The friend safari kinda sucks.

I wished that they did the safaris like the ones in RBY again. That was actually a fun place to explore.

It's addicting for me ;( I just wish I had more friends with more than two available Pokemon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's kinda fun to see what your friend's safaris have, but you're just walking around a square plot of land.

There's no adventure at all. :(

Fireblend

Banned
If anyone's interested in these still, here's my log book :p

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/N-153-0471-L/timeline/

I have an Altaria if anyone wants it, and a Floatzel.
Altaria was annoying to catch.

It's so annoying that the site doesn't use standard user/pass fields so that Chrome can save my password. And that it kicks me out after 30 minutes of inactivity, and that there's no "Remember Me" option in sight. And that I have to choose my game card every time I log in.

Itd be like winning the jackpot, huh? Lol
For now the best bet would be to consider that Ditto can show up in some Normal type friend safari. 2 perfect IVs is better than 0. If you're patient with this (and catch multiples) then that will be enough to get 5 perfect IVs onto something.

ramyeon

Agh, that was ugly. dat goddamn Scizor

Went ham at the end with Thrash, I didn't give a fuck lol
Haha yeah my Scizor is pretty brutal, has Bug, Steel and Flying type moves so it's useful. Arcanine as well with Thunder Fang :p It was fun though! Much better than facing wave after wave of legendaries on battle spot haha.

trixx

Small chance for horde battles, chance in the friend safari. Ability capsule only seems to cycle through "normal" abilities.

It's addicting for me ;( I just wish I had more friends with more than two available Pokemon.

So ability capsule is useless

Korosenai

Alright, so according to Ramyeon, my friend safari is fire type. He said he saw a Pyroar and a Ponyta.

For now the best bet would be to consider that Ditto can show up in some Normal type friend safari. 2 perfect IVs is better than 0. If you're patient with this (and catch multiples) then that will be enough to get 5 perfect IVs onto something.

Ok, so let's say I get three Ditto's. One has perfect iv's in HP and Attack, the next in Defense and Special Attack, the last one in Special Defense and Speed. Would it be possible to use these three ditto's to pass down their iv's to another Pokemon, letting that Pokemon have six perfect iv stats?

Good my Pokemiles have appeared. 32x Rare candies get.

On GTS I just got a Slurpuff nicknamed Diabetes...I'm keeping that one for now. Should I give it Pokeus, too?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I am disappointed at the lack of Amie pics in GAF.

Also does passing down Hidden Abilities still require same species parent or can you do it with Ditto?

this guy

Got my Naughty nature Charmander for Charizard X! It's got an attack IV of around 5 (sigh), but speed, special attack, and hp IVs in the high 20s-31. Not bad at all.

Haha yeah my Scizor is pretty brutal, has Bug, Steel and Flying type moves so it's useful. Arcanine as well with Thunder Fang :p It was fun though! Much better than facing wave after wave of legendaries on battle spot haha.

I don't have a legendary yet. When I do though...

That was fun. Arcanine Thunder Fang had me thinking, "He knew exactly what I was gonna to do and I knew exactly what I was gonna do, then I did it." pretty shifty haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom