• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

I am disappointed at the lack of Amie pics in GAF.

Also does passing down Hidden Abilities still require same species parent or can you do it with Ditto?

It's possible with Ditto.

And for the new page...

Ok, so let's say I get three Ditto's. One has perfect iv's in HP and Attack, the next in Defense and Special Attack, the last one in Special Defense and Speed. Would it be possible to use these three ditto's to pass down their iv's to another Pokemon, letting that Pokemon have six perfect iv stats?

ramyeon

I don't have a legendary yet. When I do though...

That was fun though. Arcanine Thunder Fang had me thinking, "He knew exactly what I was gonna to do and I knew exactly what I was gonna do, then I did it." pretty shifty haha
Haha yeah Battle Spot has taught be to think ahead and expect people to switch out their first Pokemon. Now I've just resorted to using the opposite move that would be expected :p

emb

Alright, so according to Ramyeon, my friend safari is fire type. He said he saw a Pyroar and a Ponyta.

Ok, so let's say I get three Ditto's. One has perfect iv's in HP and Attack, the next in Defense and Special Attack, the last one in Special Defense and Speed. Would it be possible to use these three ditto's to pass down their iv's to another Pokemon, letting that Pokemon have six perfect iv stats?
Possible yes. Easy no.

When you breed, it picks out a few IVs from the IVs of both parents (I think 3, but it's possible pick the same one twice or something?). It's going to pick say, 3 out of the 12. So you have to progressively breed to get more 31s in more places, and hope for a little luck. But still, you're only passing down 3 at a time. Good news is that destiny knot turns that into five now. Still, you have to hope it pick's Ditto's. Power items (anklet, lens, etc) automatically pass down one IV. It's a bit tricky to get them all at once, and I'm guessing it still will be.

DaBoss

Possible yes. Easy no.

When you breed, it picks out a few IVs from the IVs of both parents (I think 3, but it's possible pick the same one twice or something?). It's going to pick say, 3 out of the 12. So you have to progressively breed to get more 31s in more places, and hope for a little luck. But still, you're only passing down 3 at a time. Good news is that destiny knot turns that into five now. Still, you have to hope it pick's Ditto's. Power items (anklet, lens, etc) automatically pass down one IV. It's a bit tricky to get them all at once, and I'm guessing it still will be.

Ohhhh, this is news to me. So Destiny Knot will choose 5 IVs from the parent that is holding it?

EDIT: I see it makes it so it takes 5 from either parents.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Still, since you're effectively trying to min max the hell out of two or three anyway, there's no real point in trying to get max IVs in all right? Not like the small increase will help that much.

Ibuki

Banned
BW3lxP7CYAATP_I.jpg

You guys don't even want to hear the horror and torment I went through to get this. :p

trixx

Still, since you're effectively trying to min max the hell out of two or three anyway, there's no real point in trying to get max IVs in all right? Not like the small increase will help that much.

Yea i dont know anything about iv's but you usually main 2 stats when ev training so there wouldn't be a point in getting perfect iv's im guessing

BW3lxP7CYAATP_I.jpg

You guys don't even want to hear the horror and torment I went through to get this. :p
Actually, I do.

A friend of mine recently caught a shiny one too. I'm envious.

Oh wow, so Destiny Knot + a Pokemon holding whatever power item would make it possible to give perfect IVs.

Hmm, I think I'm going to try this and breed an Aegislash with everything except Speed being good.
But what about one of them holding an Everstone to hold onto a good Nature?

I used to do a little IV breeding last gen too, I am confused on what changes they made this generation to it all.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
BoomBurst (Normal) - 140 BP, 100% accuracy, bypasses substitute

@_@ Whelp gonna get a Noivern for sure

Ibuki

Banned
Actually, I do.

A friend of mine recently caught a shiny one too. I'm envious.

If this meant you want to hear the story, here it goes. So I helped a gaffer the other day transfer his pokemon to a new save file on the same cartridge. In return for helping he gave me his Japanese Yveltal. So I am just browsing the GTS minding my own business, and the Sneasel is staring me in the face. They were asking for Xerneas Level 91 and up. I was like, how can I make this happen before someone beats me? I spent a few hours trying to trade my Yveltal for a suitable Xerneas, which didn't work. To my surprise the Sneasel was still up for trade. I was trying to use Pokemiles to get Rare Candies to beef up the level 64 Xerneas I ended up getting. Turns out Global Link doesn't want to sync for another 2 hours for me. I finally get the sync to go through, after so much stress, and I quickly level up the Xerneas. I get back to the GTS and luckily the Sneasel is still available for trade.

TL;DR: I was scared for like 4 hours before I could get what the trader wanted in return for his Shiny Sneasel.

emb

Most of the time this is true. But better defenses never hurt. Usually only the extra attack stat is truly useless. That said, it's not worth focusing and wasting hours on the less critical stats, imo.

Korosenai

Oh wow, so Destiny Knot + a Pokemon holding whatever power item would make it possible to give perfect IVs.

Hmm, I think I'm going to try this and breed an Aegislash with everything except Sp. Atk and Speed being good.

One last question.... So let's say I want to breed a Hasty Protean Froakie and put evs into Speed, Sp. Atk, and Atk. Since I want it to have good speed, sp. attack, and attack, should I just worry about the iv's for those stats and ignore the others?

DaBoss

But what about one of them holding an Everstone to hold onto a good Nature?

I used to do a little IV breeding last gen too, I am confused on what changes they made this generation to it all.

You're right, but I have a Honedge with perfect Atk, Def, and Sp. Def. Only thing it needs is HP.

If this meant you want to hear the story, here it goes. So I helped a gaffer the other day transfer his pokemon to a new save file on the same cartridge. In return for helping he gave me his Japanese Yveltal. So I am just browsing the GTS minding my own business, and the Sneasel is staring me in the face. They were asking for Xerneas Level 91 and up. I was like, how can I make this happen before someone beats me? I spent a few hours trying to trade my Yveltal for a suitable Xerneas, which didn't work. To my surprise the Sneasel was still up for trade. I was trying to use Pokemiles to get Rare Candies to beef up the level 64 Xerneas I ended up getting. Turns out Global Link doesn't want to sync for another 2 hours for me. I finally get the sync to go through, after so much stress, and I quickly level up the Xerneas. I get back to the GTS and luckily the Sneasel is still available for trade.

TL;DR: I was scared for like 4 hours before I could get what the trader wanted in return for his Shiny Sneasel.
:lol That's pretty hilarious.

I need to tinker around with the GTS; due to Wonder Trading, I haven't even touched that part of the game yet.

You're right, but I have a Honedge with perfect Atk, Def, and Sp. Def. Only thing it needs is HP.
You have my sword. Good luck.

Tusk

It's so annoying that the site doesn't use standard user/pass fields so that Chrome can save my password. And that it kicks me out after 30 minutes of inactivity, and that there's no "Remember Me" option in sight. And that I have to choose my game card every time I log in.

Yeah. It gets irritating for me, aswell. :p The old PGL had a "remember me" option, I don't see why they removed it now.

Ibuki

Banned

I need to tinker around with the GTS; due to Wonder Trading, I haven't even touched that part of the game yet.

Wonder Trading is what I did to pass the time in between trying to Sync for the rare candies. I also needed to get rid of a lot of Chespins. It is really nice for filling my dex. :p

DaBoss

One last question.... So let's say I want to breed a Hasty Protean Froakie and put evs into Speed, Sp. Atk, and Atk. Since I want it to have good speed, sp. attack, and attack, should I just worry about the iv's for those stats and ignore the others?

Well the Speed, Sp. Atk, and Atk are the ones you really want to focus on, but it doesn't hurt to have good HP, Def, or Sp. Def. Unless there is something with your strategy.

Haha, thanks.

emb

Hmm, I think I'm going to try this and breed an Aegislash with everything except Sp. Atk and Speed being good.
Sorry, I think I was misleading before the edit. From the sound of that topic, it picks 5 IVs between the parents; that is, 5 out of the total twelve both have. Still an improvement, but not as amazing as haven't one parent pass 5. Not sure if power items count as one of the five or not.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Pokemon Amie and Super Training are addicting. I played for 4 hours yesterday and barely got to Sycamore, lol.

Also the frame rate using 3D during battles is truly awful.

Gsnap

Quick question about EV training.

I caught a helioptile in friend safari. I gave it 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, and the rest in HP.

So then I can level it up any way I want now right? The EVs are set and it doesn't matter if it battles or if I use rare candies?

Korosenai

Quick question about EV training.

I caught a helioptile in friend safari. I gave it 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, and the rest in HP.

So then I can level it up any way I want now right? The EVs are set and it doesn't matter if it battles or if I use rare candies?

Correct.

KHlover

Banned
AHAHAHAHAHA

I caught Yveltal with a Repeat Ball at full health without any Status Modifications at my 5th try.

It legitimately took me longer with a Super Ball to catch Relaxo sleeping and at low health :D

Tirael

Would an extremely nice person trade me a Ditto? I'm early in the game so I don't have access to them. I don't have much to offer though...

2552-1098-4530

I am out of ideas on what pokemon I want from GTS; I have gotten everyone I wanted and is available in either game at a fair price.(with people practically giving some away as well.) I remember being able to get all six starters very quickly.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So real quick: any suggestions for |OT2| subtitle?

Pokemon X+Y |OT2| Would you like to leave a tip?

Pokemon X+Y |OT2| Free Tauros cologne offer inside!

Pokemon X+Y |OT2| IV got a feeling

Pokemon X+Y |OT2| You are not stylish enough to enter

DaBoss

So real quick: any suggestions for |OT2| subtitle?

lol I just tried to think for 5 min and couldn't come up with anything.

Cool, thanks.

Rare Candies don't give any EVs.

Pokemon X+Y |OT2| Would you like to leave a tip?

Pokemon X+Y |OT2| Free Tauros cologne offer inside!

Pokemon X+Y |OT2| IV got a feeling

Pokemon X+Y |OT2| You are not stylish enough to enter

First one is a winner.

EDIT: Just seen the last one, that one is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom