• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

All these shinies are making me even sadder. This has to be 300 Eevees I've hatched at this point. I realise it could take me forever but I thought my luck wouldn't be this bad T_T

Ibuki

Banned
All these shinies are making me even sadder. This has to be atleast 250-270 Eevees I've hatched at this point. I realise it could take me forever but I thought my luck wouldn't be this bad T_T

If the Masuda method brings the odds to 1 in two thousand something, you actually aren't doing bad. You will get one, keep trying. I took me somewhere around 230 Chespin.

DSmalls84

So what Electric type is the best to use for competitive play? I have a lvl 93 Raichu and he does good damage but is pretty much a glass cannon. Would Helioptile or Ampharos be a better option?

StayDead

If the Masuda method brings the odds to 1 in two thousand something, you actually aren't doing bad. You will get one, keep trying. I took me somewhere around 230 Chespin.

I checked and I'm actually around 320, but yeah only about 150 of those are with the Masuda method so I'll just keep on trucking. I just wish I could go do other stuff rather than running back and forth down this route haha.

jmoe316

When is the first battle with your rival (Serena \ Calem)?

I only have one 3DS and have X and Y and am trying to get all 6 starters into Y. Unfortunately the only starter I don't have in my pokedex right now is Fennekin which the rival has as I chose Chespin.

Just left Lumiose City. Hopefully it wont be long.

PBalfredo

I'm in the market for a Bulbasaur, Tyrunt, or as many Eevees as I can get (making an all eeveelution team)

Got charmanders and a spare Frogadier to trade.

0001-3764-1620

Ibuki

Banned
I checked and I'm actually around 320, but yeah only about 150 of those are with the Masuda method so I'll just keep on trucking. I just wish I could go do other stuff rather than running back and forth down this route haha.

I pretty much vowed to keep going until I got my Chespin. I was stuck on the route with only one badge. After that I advanced far enough to get fly. I find myself back here working on Honedge now. Already about 50 in. :)

DaBoss

Well now I'm confused. Should I not use rare candies? Or don't use rare candies BEFORE having full EVs, but it's ok to use them after?

Sorry for confusing you. :(

Rare Candies don't give any EVs. Battling Pokemon will give you EVs. But now that you have it fully EV trained it won't matter if you battle Pokemon or use Rare Candies.

Roto13

When is the first battle with your rival (Serena \ Calem)?

I only have one 3DS and have X and Y and am trying to get all 6 starters into Y. Unfortunately the only starter I don't have in my pokedex right now is Fennekin which the rival has as I chose Chespin.

You can just manually type in names of Pokemon you haven't seen now.

When is the first battle with your rival (Serena Calem)?

If you can wait until tomorrow I can breed you a Fennekin in exchange for a Squirtle/Bulbasaur/Skrelp.

StayDead

I pretty much vowed to keep going until I got my Chespin. I was stuck on the route with only one badge. After that I advanced far enough to get fly. I find myself back here working on Honedge now. Already about 50 in. :)

I'm not giving up until I get eevee. I wanted to do it for Mr Mime, but I'm not sure I could handle doing this again.

Gsnap

Sorry for confusing you. :(

Rare Candies don't give any EVs. Battling Pokemon will give you EVs. But now that you have it fully EV trained it won't matter if you battle Pokemon or use Rare Candies.

It's ok. I just wasn't sure why you even brought it up since I said it had full EVs already. Made me second guess myself.

But it's ok. Thanks for the info. : )

Time to go wreck people with a fully EV'd shiny Heliolisk. : )

Ibuki

Banned
I'm not giving up until I get eevee. I wanted to do it for Mr Mime, but I'm not sure I could handle doing this again.

When I was in your position I was saying the same thing. As soon as the shiny shows up you will say "Oh it wasn't too bad, It actually worked." You also could decide to never do it again, but it made me even more motivated seeing that my efforts actually made it happen.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Had anyone tried using online features in two different cartridges in the same console? I'm thinking of getting the two versions eventually but I was wondering whenever the games' online features will conflict from sharing the same FC.

My two shinies so far :)

00760.png
00837.png

Guplin was my first one as well. In a horde battle interestingly enough. Has it been confirmed that shinies have a higher encounter rate(be it in horde or just generally speaking) also you da best Joe <3

ramyeon

So according to Serebii Feebas and Milotic ARE in Friend Safari. Has anyone seen them yet? They're in huge demand on the GTS and never turn up in searches.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So guys, life orb aegislash or leftovers aegislash?

Leftovers is great for extending his walling potential but maybe life orb would make him ohko more?

Finally got a foreign Ditto from the GTS after trying for like an hour. To make it even better it was Adamant! I did give a Modest Ditto in return so it was good for both of us.

Busaiku

So how do you know how much you have in 1 stat? Been doing horde battles like crazy

You can get a general idea (not exact numbers) by going to the Super Training menu and seeing the spread.
No way to know the exact unless you calculate the EVs yourself.

ramyeon

So guys, life orb aegislash or leftovers aegislash?

Leftovers is great for extending his walling potential but maybe life orb would make him ohko more?
Leftovers. He can usually OHKO with Swords Dance anyway in my experience. And if he can't then you can just use King's Shield and try again, the HP regain is much more useful imo.

emb

Well I think the strategy for Aegislash is best to take a hit, then attack, then King's Shield, and rinse and repeat. Its defense is too shit in Blade forme.
In regards to the speed: might actually be better to go lower on slow things, in case someone tries to pull trick room on you. I'd guess it's pretty much that or try to speed tie other Aegislashes. Actually, since steel doesn't resist ghost any more, that would probably help most. Even with priority, you'd still run into that speed tie.

With the general strategy for that guy: How do you get the King's Shield off though? Does it have priority? If not, I think you're better off just doing what you can with Shadow Sneaks. Unless you know you can resist or something. I need to look in to how that guy works more.

Draconian

I feel like a jerk right now. I did a wonder trade and offered my level 6 Scatterbug. I got a level 45 Graveller (now Golem) in return.

MBR

Banned
Would an extremely nice person trade me a Ditto? I'm early in the game so I don't have access to them. I don't have much to offer though...

2552-1098-4530
I'll hand you one.
I'll take anything, though if you're planning on breeding starters later on I'd gladly take a Bulbasaur or a Charmander later on :)

FC: 1461-6185-0697
In-game name: LM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom