• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemtae

Who's turning off Exp All btw?

#TeamOff

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand I feel like it would make my guys over leveled. But on the other hand, I'll be able to roll with more than just three Pokemon which is what I would normally do to avoid having to train a bunch of pokes. I'll definitely use it in the post game once I've got Pokemon together and EV trained.

chronosic

Anybody going with nicknames with this game? I think I might nickname all my pokemon this time.
Interesting/cool/whatever nicknames? Let's hear em!
Gonna name my Chespin, Atelerix! It's the genus that the most common hedgehog in captivity is from, being a hybrid of the four toed and north African hedgehogs. The north African hedgehog can also be found in France, keeping with the area of the game. Super nerdy, I know.

Shahadan

Nope. The only thing it saves is time. Funny how people are calling it "easy mode" as if grinding your Pokemon to get levels was ever a measure of difficulty.

I just have the habit to use a bit more those in my team that are a bit behind in terms of lvl. With that thing I probably wouldn't use some at all unless I need their typing.

It's part of my fun. I like to see my monsters grow each at a time. Also useful to determine which ones suck.

It's also why I always wish I could restart the game with another team of lvl 1 without losing my stuff. Thankfully now there is an app for that. Well, in december.

Anybody going with nicknames with this game? I think I might nickname all my pokemon this time.
Interesting/cool/whatever nicknames? Let's hear em!

I think I already have my team/nicknames setup:

Fennekin: Kitsu (Short for Kitsune; trying to get a female starter this time)
Pacham: OneTonn
Noivern: Sona (Short for Sonar)
Honedge: Blade (Every Zelda game, I name my Link character Blade)
Spritzee: Fumea (Perfume)
Tyrunt: Sharptooth (Because of Land Before Time)

Anyone planning to pick up the official guide?
Thinking about it. Really want to get the hardcopy from Amazon.

Milennia

Always been a Team squirrel guy , since Gen 1 launch at least.

But that charizard X > mega blastoise is kindof making me think about it =/ damn do i love the color blue lol

MicH

I hope GAME UK sends out those download codes today otherwise I'm gonna be paranoid of not getting it at midnight

Shengar

I just have the habit to use a bit more those in my team that are a bit behind in terms of lvl. With that thing I probably wouldn't use some at all unless I need their typing.

It's part of my fun. I like to see my monsters grow each at a time. Also useful to determine which ones suck.

It's also why I always wish I could restart the game with another team of lvl 1 without losing my stuff. Thankfully now there is an app for that. Well, in december.

Pokebank is a blessing for people who want to went through for a different playthrough without spending (too many) extra pennies. I wish it also give us chance to record ourold profile too.

Amalthea

Banned
Yeah, you should do this. It's half the fun!

Froakie: Smacks
Bulbasaur: Humuskulus
Torchic: Ken Masters or Shoryureppa
Tyrunt: Thrasher Maw or JP 29

These are basically all the Pokemon I know I'm going to use.
The Trasher T-Rex from Kenner must've been one of your favourite toys I bet.

Stuart444

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is EXP all? I mean I get what the name is obviously but is it an option in the options (lol) or something?

If so, I'll be using it, I enjoy using 6 pokemon and even switching out pokemon for other pokemon later in the games so anything that makes it easier to level up my pokemon, the better :)

DagsJT

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is EXP all? I mean I get what the name is obviously but is it an option in the options (lol) or something?

If so, I'll be using it, I enjoy using 6 pokemon and even switching out pokemon for other pokemon later in the games so anything that makes it easier to level up my pokemon, the better :)

Also, what's EV?

Firestorm

Who's turning off Exp All btw?

#TeamOff
Hell no. I'm usually 10+ levels underlevelled throughout the game. Gonna be awesome to use Exp All while still getting Amulet Coin money.

Does EXP Share still affect EVs?
Cause that's gonna be really annoying since it's all or nothing.
Yeah and it's going to be awesome because you can now stack Exp All + Power Items to train 6 at once.
Also, what's EV?
Welcome to the rabbit hole: http://nuggetbridge.com/beginners/introduction-to-competitive-pokemon/

Linius

I wasn't really closely following the news, but we now have an exp. all instead of exp. share? Or can I still choose to only share exp. with one other pokémon in my party?

Hai gais.

IMG-20131009-WA0008_zps8c31b592.jpg

3 hours into.

Loving every single aspect of it except that I find it easier than previous ones.

So far what I find more amazing is the PSS. It'w awesome to be wandering around and have a pop-up saying that someone wants to trade or combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom